Default Retro/Old/Classic Spider-Man Cartoons/Animated Shows

Every cartoon intro up to 2012

The old thread got locked a couple of years back, I thought I'd start a new one since my two favorite Spider-Man cartoons turned 40 years of ages 12th of this September. Can you believe it? Two shows for the same character premiering consecutively, and it is how the trend of two Spider-Man cartoon shows per decade started.

Now by favorites I don't mean best, cause obviously every other Spider-Man cartoon between them and Ultimate is in one way or another better, but those two shows aren't continuity heavy (and don't have annoying cosmic entity known as Madame Web) so they did not break my heart by being cut off too soon, and neither one featured a braggart incompetent Spider-Man who needs help with every turn only to grow stronger to beat Abomination and Wendego in one fight while Iron Man flies after Kraven the Hunter (who is running on foot) and couldn't catch up to him before Molten Man standing behind a wall somehow managed to grab and stop Iron Man's flight. (I like Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon, but that thing from Contest of Champions is too stupid to forget)
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Fun idea for a thread, that's crazy the 2 80s shows are now 40 years old. They're both fun shows with charm.

I wish I could appreciate Ultimate more but 90% of the show is too dumb and devoid of sense for me to be enjoyable. I enjoy dumb stuff but I have standards. I maintain that the last season is its best as it's consistent in what it's trying for unlike the previous 3 seasons which tonally are all over the place. I remember when that show was coming out Joe Q said on a promo video that we've seen Spidey cartoons before but never a Spidey cartoon made by people at Marvel before and that quote really doesn't shine the way he intended it to.

In the last several years I have come to reappraise the 2003 MTV Spider-Man cartoon and find new appreciation for it. I think that show is actually really underrated, it's not perfect but it was ambitious in committing to an edgier tone- it really feels like the Ultimate Spider-Man comics if Peter was in college in them. That show's just got a strangely cozy chill vibe to me. I know early 2000s cel shaded CGI isn't for everybody but it happens to be my jam. When it shines it really shines.

It would be great if there was a direct to video animated Spider-Man film based in the 1960s era. They could base it on the Ditko era high school Peter, and have the 1960s be part of the atmosphere. If you think about the DC animated version of Darwyn Cooke's The New Frontier.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Fun idea for a thread, that's crazy the 2 80s shows are now 40 years old. They're both fun shows with charm.
    YES.

In the last several years I have come to reappraise the 2003 MTV Spider-Man cartoon and find new appreciation for it. I think that show is actually really underrated, it's not perfect but it was ambitious in committing to an edgier tone- it really feels like the Ultimate Spider-Man comics if Peter was in college in them. That show's just got a strangely cozy chill vibe to me. I know early 2000s cel shaded CGI isn't for everybody but it happens to be my jam. When it shines it really shines.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    It would be great if there was a direct to video animated Spider-Man film based in the 1960s era. They could base it on the Ditko era high school Peter, and have the 1960s be part of the atmosphere. If you think about the DC animated version of Darwyn Cooke's The New Frontier.
    Not gonna make it an old animated, but that will be a neat idea, and I hope it's done properly if approached.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage