Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    He was pretty beat up in Amazing Spider-Man #20.

Amazing Spider-Man #229-230 are probably the definitive asskicking.

Hmmn… torn costume (“battle damaged”)- check!

Spidey talking about being barely alive and crawling on all fours- check!

Okay, I’ll give it to ASM#20. Not the most severe asskicking, but one of the firsts. ASM#12 is debatable, but he was rundown with an illness and doesn’t look injured at all, so I have to go with the Scorpion fight!

MisterMets, you win.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Hmmn… torn costume (“battle damaged”)- check!

Spidey talking about being barely alive and crawling on all fours- check!

Okay, I’ll give it to ASM#20. Not the most severe asskicking, but one of the firsts. ASM#12 is debatable, but he was rundown with an illness and doesn’t look injured at all, so I have to go with the Scorpion fight!

MisterMets, you win.
    I get the case for Issue 12, but while it was embarrassing, Doc Ock stopped beating him up when he came to the conclusion that it was a teenager trying too hard. Which is a different form of defeat.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I get the case for Issue 12, but while it was embarrassing, Doc Ock stopped beating him up when he came to the conclusion that it was a teenager trying too hard. Which is a different form of defeat.
    Doc Ock always had a twisted moral code (unlike Scorpion and other Spidey villains).

Astonishing Member

10 times Spidey was beaten within an inch of his life

https://www.cbr.com/spiderman-luckie...s-nearly-died/

The Rhino nearly killed Peter in ASM 43. He was meant to be out of Peter's superweight class, and Peter only defeated him using Science!!! The Rhino went off to be a Hulk villain for a while after that.
    There's a difference between Peter being beaten by a character who is supposed to be out of Peter's superweight class (Scorpion on first appearance, Rhino on first appearance, Doom, Morlun) and being beaten by a character who should be in his superweight class.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

The worst i saw was when he fought Morlun for the first time ever he fell asleep in bloody bandages and Aunt May found him that way.

Amazing Spider-Man #3. Octavius was the first villain to really kick his ass. Vulture knocked him out in ASM #2, but that was a quick sneak attack.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.