Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I've tried to read the Spurrier run twice now but I just couldn't get into it, but I hear it praised pretty consistently. How many arcs/issues was it?
    15 issues. Not really a good number and what Spurrier did with Cable and Psylocke was weird to say the least. To be honest Wolverine fits more in an modern X-Force book than Cable.
    Last edited by Vishop; 09-19-2021 at 01:35 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    And we still don't know who he is. 26 issues later!
    Or care, really. There's so many interesting things going on, and Peacock dude is not one of them.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Does anyone know what Demon Days is?

Also, where this X-Men Legends would fit in continuity (if it does)?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    15 issues. Not really a good number and what Spurrier did with Cable and Psylocke was weird to say the least. To be honest Wolverine fits more in an modern X-Force book than Cable.
    The whole run was pretty weird, but I loved it. Cable employed some pretty morally questionable tactics in keeping tabs on the world’s governments and their anti mutant activities, and by the end he was almost the villain of the series and gets removed from command by Hope. Part of his dark turn was the fact that he had to keep cloning himself to stay alive, though, and each copy being essentially “a copy of a copy” saw him further and further removed from his morality.

And, yeah, the whole arc for Psylocke was pretty dark. Essentially she found that she was addicted to killing (playing off her self-proclaimed “action junkie” vibe from the 90s and taking that further), and went down a pretty self-loathing path; and even went so far as to sleep with Cable regularly, after removing his memory band so that the next day’s version would have no memory of it, which was kind of creepy I suppose. Fantomex goes full blown “Dark Angel” in it by the end too, which was maybe the only part that went a bit off the rails for me. The rest was really interesting stuff IMO. It just suffered from pretty terrible art (other than the Jorge Molina issues which were gold).

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I thought Cable was gone for that run? Memory is a bit hazy about that one, but I remember I enjoyed it.
    I'm kinda confused too since I don't keep track of the old runs via creative teams. I thought Cannonball led the team when Cable was stuck in his solo book and that would've ran into Loeb's run. I know at some point after Legion's Quest and before Onslaught, Sam was on the X-men team.
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Does anyone know what Demon Days is?
    Totally unrelated anime/manga style Japanese mythic folkstory starring some X-characters reimagined for this setting. It's super-cool if you like AU stuff in general (or anime/manga, I suppose, I'm not a fan of the latter, but I think it's a neat kind of charming story), but has no real bearing on anything going on in continuity, and the characters are very different.