Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    How can one be "sick" of something they have no interest in.
    I'm not interested in Batman. So that fact that he has a million books doesn't affect me in the least. Why should it, when I'm focusing on the books I am actually interested in.
    Because you're still going to end up seeing something. You can focus on what you like, but when something is big and getting a lot of push, it's going to end up in your crosshairs one way or another. In fact, all the books I'm reading are on hold, and Wolverine discussion will inevitably dominate a lot of places I visit for a while. And I'll have to at least take part in some of it, since XLOW/XDOW are important to the comics.

I'm not saying that they have to stop shilling Wolverine, that they have to cancel the game, or cut him out of the franchise, or anything like that. I'm happy for Wolverine's fans and I don't want them to cancel stuff because I personally dislike it. And it makes sense for Wolverine to get focus if this is going to connect to Moira/Krakoa. But it's perfectly reasonable to be sick of Wolverine.

Mighty Member

^^^ ehh! If there were a lot of X-books out at same time, the argument becomes the market is overloaded. But when the market shrinks to one book for a measly two months, its' a horrible crime?

The world is burning, but not having 10 x-books out for two months is something to complain about? REALLY? Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I don't think he's stealing anything from anyone. (Though the fact that books are being put on hold for a Wolvie event is pretty annoying.) I understand WHY he's getting focus. I'm just sick of him.
    Are you equally sick of Batman? Or Spider-man? If so that’s fair. If not, it might be because on some level you kind of do conflate Logan getting pushed as taking away from other X-characters you like.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Why do you feel you have to take part in any discussion regarding books you don't read? Even if Wolverine's book are "important to the comics" you still don't have to read and engage if you don't want to.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    ^^^ ehh! If there were a lot of X-books out at same time, the argument becomes the market is overloaded. But when the market shrinks to one book for a measly two months, its' a horrible crime?

The world is burning, but not having 10 x-books out for two months is something to complain about? REALLY? Ugh.
    It's not a horrible crime lmao. I'm just expressing my annoyance. Please stop acting like I'm being unreasonable for being annoyed. I'm not even demanding anything or telling people to change their opinions, but being annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Why do you feel you have to take part in any discussion regarding books you don't read? Even if Wolverine's book are "important to the comics" you still don't have to read and engage if you don't want to.
    Because I want to read and discuss comics? The alternative is to sit this out for a while and miss the experience. Either way, the choice is to put up with it, or leave my hobby for a short time. Regardless, the book still affects me and hampers my enjoyment.

Again, not saying that there shouldn't be a Wolverine event, game, side-story, etc. I'm going to go into these events with an open mind. I'm tired, but I still want to participate. Just please understand why I'm not sunshine and rainbows about it.
    Last edited by Rift; 09-16-2021 at 01:08 PM.

Finally Sabretooth is back! I hope it ends up being a great series. I expect it to be a limited series. I’m unfamiliar with the author, but maybe we will see something close to Sabretooth’s miniseries back in the 90s by Larry Hama and Mark Texeira
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Are you equally sick of Batman? Or Spider-man? If so that’s fair. If not, it might be because on some level you kind of do conflate Logan getting pushed as taking away from other X-characters you like.
    While I mostly agree that the Wolverine hate is overblown and very unnecessary Marvel is positioning Wolverine to be the center of the next major X-event. While people would have whined and moaned about it regardless i think it’s only amplified because it comes right off the heels of Hickman leaving the books so people are already on their toes about the overall direction of the franchise.

After taking some steps back I’m personally interested in learning more about the event to see if it’s really a Wolverine solo or an ensemble with Wolverine as the lead/ main marketing tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    While I mostly agree that the Wolverine hate is overblown and very unnecessary Marvel is positioning Wolverine to be the center of the next major X-event. While people would have whined and moaned about it regardless i think it’s only amplified because it comes right off the heels of Hickman leaving the books so people are already on their toes about the overall direction of the franchise.

After taking some steps back I’m personally interested in learning more about the event to see if it’s really a Wolverine solo or an ensemble with Wolverine as the lead/ main marketing tool.
    It sounds to me like this was always planned as a Wolverine story, and the X-office just decided to tweak it to make it an X-event in order to bridge from Inferno to the relaunch and next phase of X-books. Kind of splitting hairs, I know. But this wasn’t dreamed up as a Wolverine centric X-event as Percy said it was a story he pitched and wanted to do from the beginning. Now it’s just become a bit broader in scope while they retool the line in the wake of Hickman’s departure.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Most X-Writers are incapable of writing a team book that doesn't focus on just one person (Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force).

Still, most X-fans complain about how the market is so over-loaded with X-books. A two month break should allow them to save some money.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

People are allowed to complain about things they don't enjoy. Why does someone disliking something you enjoy have any effect on you whatsoever. You are free to ignore opinions you do not agree with, they are not harming anybody or anything.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    People are allowed to complain about things they don't enjoy. Why does someone disliking something you enjoy have any effect on you whatsoever. You are free to ignore opinions you do not agree with, they are not harming anybody or anything.
    Then follow your own advice and ignore posts you don't like since you know... people are allowed to complain about thing they don't enjoy....

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    That’s fair. I did plenty of complaining about Kid Cable. But that’s because he actively replaced a favorite character of mine. I suppose, in that sense, with this event happening and most of the other X-books halting at the same time, that this is a comparable situation where X Lives/Deaths of Wolverine is actively replacing the books and characters some around here prefer. At least for a bit.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    It's not a horrible crime lmao. I'm just expressing my annoyance. Please stop acting like I'm being unreasonable for being annoyed. I'm not even demanding anything or telling people to change their opinions, but being annoyed.

Because I want to read and discuss comics? The alternative is to sit this out for a while and miss the experience. Either way, the choice is to put up with it, or leave my hobby for a short time. Regardless, the book still affects me and hampers my enjoyment.

Again, not saying that there shouldn't be a Wolverine event, game, side-story, etc. I'm going to go into these events with an open mind. I'm tired, but I still want to participate. Just please understand why I'm not sunshine and rainbows about it.
    Fair enough.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Wolverine being overexposed is not a new issue. Floating Hands was making fun of how many different teams he was on the decade before last, and people have been complaining about it probably as long as I've been alive.

I do see plenty of complaints about the bat-line getting too big and crowding out other DC properties. Less so Spider-Man. There the complaints aren't that he has so many appearances so much as the PIS that allows him to always win fights with people who should make him seem like an amoeba. Though I only read Spider-Man comics if they take place in a continuity where he and MJ are still married.

I think event fatigue is also kicking in. The Hellfire Gala was about 6 months after X of Swords and that might have been too soon, but now we're having Trial of Magneto and Inferno and Onslaught Revelation going on at the same time and then immediately having this Wolverine event. It's a bit much, especially if all the non-event comics aren't even having tie-ins but are just not coming out.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 09-16-2021 at 01:21 PM.

I like Wolverine. Around origins I felt that, for me, everything interesting about Wolverine the solo act had been said. So now it’s his interactions with other characters that interest me. Bring in some good characters for him to interact with and I will read it. Not talking about villains here.