Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I think the problem is that it’s become another Wolverine vehicle. Ever since the Kyle/Yost and Uncanny X-Force runs. And Logan has his solo book too. They should maybe make this a darker book when everything relaunches. I could see Beast, Sage and Black Tom as intel branch still; but due to Logan’s moral reservations with some of the things they’re doing (and whatever he goes through in the X Lives/Deaths series), he gets replaced by Kwannon and Sabretooth, who along with Domino comprise the field Ops branch. That could be cool, and doing dirty work in the mutant CIA would be a perfect place for Psylocke to land after Hellions and for Creed to land after his new mini series. Just a thought.

Hell, throw in Wild Child too and have him run with Creed like he did in the AoA and the old X-Factor run in the 90s. That would be cool IMO.
    Someone give this man Percy's job, please...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I think the problem is that it’s become another Wolverine vehicle. Ever since the Kyle/Yost and Uncanny X-Force runs. And Logan has his solo book too. They should maybe make this a darker book when everything relaunches. I could see Beast, Sage and Black Tom as intel branch still; but due to Logan’s moral reservations with some of the things they’re doing (and whatever he goes through in the X Lives/Deaths series), he gets replaced by Kwannon and Sabretooth, who along with Domino comprise the field Ops branch. That could be cool, and doing dirty work in the mutant CIA would be a perfect place for Psylocke to land after Hellions and for Creed to land after his new mini series. Just a thought.

Hell, throw in Wild Child too and have him run with Creed like he did in the AoA and the old X-Factor run in the 90s. That would be cool IMO.
    I don't think X-Force survives cancellation without Wolverine at this point. Last time X-Force was popular on it's own without Logan was in the 90s, but the comic landscape has changed. X-Force as a brand isn't as popular as it once was and without Logan it'll be lucky to make it to 20 issues. Doesn't matter how well written some may think it is, you need star power to carry a book. Now I personally don't read Hellions, but I see everybody praising it, yet... cancelled.

Fair point, but I’m not sure Marvel is as concerned about Sales as they once were in the comics division. It’s more about throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks and being a writers lab for the MCU. I mean, honestly, think about it. In a company the size of Disney how much do they really care that X-Force with Wolverine sells a few thousand copies more than X-Force without him? I don’t think they really do.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I don't think X-Force survives cancellation without Wolverine at this point. Last time X-Force was popular on it's own without Logan was in the 90s, but the comic landscape has changed. X-Force as a brand isn't as popular as it once was and without Logan it'll be lucky to make it to 20 issues. Doesn't matter how well written some may think it is, you need star power to carry a book. Now I personally don't read Hellions, but I see everybody praising it, yet... cancelled.
    XFORCE is popular not because of Wolverine but because it's the hard-action comic for most people. An XFORCE with Cable, Bishop, Domino and Psylocke could easily sustain itself.

And Hellion isn't being cancelled. All books are ending. We're in an age wer're good books get "cancelled" all the time, just so Marvel can relaunch a bunch of new #1s.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Inferno will release him
    Inferno the nu-human? Awesome!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    XFORCE is popular not because of Wolverine but because it's the hard-action comic for most people. An XFORCE with Cable, Bishop, Domino and Psylocke could easily sustain itself.
    I would love to see Bishop in an X-Force book.

And Hellion isn't being cancelled. All books are ending. We're in an age wer're good books get "cancelled" all the time, just so Marvel can relaunch a bunch of new #1s.
    Exactly this.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I would love to see Bishop in an X-Force book.
    Same here... as long as he isn't the books nut-job villain, being chased by "revenants" (or some other ridiculous thing!).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Same here... as long as he isn't the books nut-job villain, being chased by "revenants" (or some other ridiculous thing!).
    Yeah we can say that one didn't count cause he was tripping, poor guy. LOL! Loved that run otherwise though.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I can see X-Force losing Logan after this event, but I don't think it would be because the team took too dark of a turn, Logan and crew killed a kid apocalypse and then murdered his own son in Uncanny (best X-Force run imho). I'd prefer if they operated more like a traditional CIA, which is why I think the first arc of this run worked so well. They were on their heels due to an unexpected attack, but they got past that, did some recon and dealt with the problem.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Kinda ready for the relaunches.

BANNED

Eh, best X-Force runs had Wolverine. They sustained more than 20 issues unlike other modern X-Force iteratives. 90s run is overrated as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I can see X-Force losing Logan after this event, but I don't think it would be because the team took too dark of a turn, Logan and crew killed a kid apocalypse and then murdered his own son in Uncanny (best X-Force run imho). I'd prefer if they operated more like a traditional CIA, which is why I think the first arc of this run worked so well. They were on their heels due to an unexpected attack, but they got past that, did some recon and dealt with the problem.
    I don’t think this book will lose Wolverine but the cast might get a shake up. At this stage X-Force is pretty much associated with either Logan or Nathan, and Nathan is in space over in SWORD so I’d expect Logan to continue running the outfit that does the mutant dirty work. Would love to see them add Psylocke, Bishop and even Sabretooth though. Logan and Creed on the same team is always fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Eh, best X-Force runs had Wolverine. They sustained more than 20 issues unlike other modern X-Force iteratives. 90s run is overrated as hell.
    I’d admit that at this stage there are as many (if not more depending on your definition of) great X-Force runs with Wolverine than without. But 90s X-Force was awesome. The Nicieza-Capullo run was phenomenal. Not overrated at all. Taking on the MLF, SHIELD, Nimrod, etc. My favorite X-Force runs are…

1. Remender/Opena/Ribic Uncanny X-Force (Logan led)
    2. Nicieza/Capullo/Daniel X-Force (Cable led)
    3. Kyle/Yost/Crain/Choi X-Force (Logan led)
    4. Spurrier/Kim/Molina X-Force (Cable led)
    5. Loeb/Polina X-Force (Cannonball led)

Honorable mention: Hopeless/Larocca Cable & X-Force (Cable led); I also thought the Counter X X-Force run by Ellis and Portacio was decent (Pete Wisdom led)
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 09-18-2021 at 08:19 AM.

The Loeb/Polina run was Cable led, Cannonball wasn't in it. And everyone out of character. Cannonball cane back in the Moore/Polina /Cheung run, which was excellent, even given the editorial interference.

Edit: Just realized that run is where I got my avatar.
    Last edited by Arachne; 09-18-2021 at 04:59 PM.

I thought Cable was gone for that run? Memory is a bit hazy about that one, but I remember I enjoyed it.

I don’t think this book will lose Wolverine but the cast might get a shake up. At this stage X-Force is pretty much associated with either Logan or Nathan, and Nathan is in space over in SWORD so I’d expect Logan to continue running the outfit that does the mutant dirty work. Would love to see them add Psylocke, Bishop and even Sabretooth though. Logan and Creed on the same team is always fun.

I’d admit that at this stage there are as many (if not more depending on your definition of) great X-Force runs with Wolverine than without. But 90s X-Force was awesome. The Nicieza-Capullo run was phenomenal. Not overrated at all. Taking on the MLF, SHIELD, Nimrod, etc. My favorite X-Force runs are…

1. Remender/Opena/Ribic Uncanny X-Force (Logan led)
    2. Nicieza/Capullo/Daniel X-Force (Cable led)
    3. Kyle/Yost/Crain/Choi X-Force (Logan led)
    4. Spurrier/Kim/Molina X-Force (Cable led)
    5. Loeb/Polina X-Force (Cannonball led)

Honorable mention: Hopeless/Larocca Cable & X-Force (Cable led); I also thought the Counter X X-Force run by Ellis and Portacio was decent (Pete Wisdom led)
    I've tried to read the Spurrier run twice now but I just couldn't get into it, but I hear it praised pretty consistently. How many arcs/issues was it?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.