Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 96
  1. #61
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The other side
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    I think people are complaining solely because its Wolverine being the lead/focus. If it was Jean, Storm, Cyclops or Emma as the lead the same posters complaining would be extactic. Besides as some has said, this will most likely be an ensemble story with Logan having a big focus, but he won't be the only one. You cannot launch the next phase of the Krakoa storyline and just have Wolverine and not the other major players. It's unrealistic to do that and if some could just get over the massive hate boner they have for Wolverine they would realize that.

  2. #62
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Caracas, Venezuela
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    I think people are complaining solely because its Wolverine being the lead/focus. If it was Jean, Storm, Cyclops or Emma as the lead the same posters complaining would be extactic. Besides as some has said, this will most likely be an ensemble story with Logan having a big focus, but he won't be the only one. You cannot launch the next phase of the Krakoa storyline and just have Wolverine and not the other major players. It's unrealistic to do that and if some could just get over the massive hate boner they have for Wolverine they would realize that.
    As big as my hate boner for Wolverine is, my biggest complaint is Benjamin Percy.

  3. #63
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    23,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    They let him out???
    Inferno will release him

  4. #64
    Astonishing Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    I feel like this is all my fault for not cancelling X-Force even after it fell flat on its face in like issue 2 or something.

  5. #65
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I feel like this is all my fault for not cancelling X-Force even after it fell flat on its face in like issue 2 or something.
    IDK, seems like a lot of people did cancel XFORCE early on and it kept going (sales have not been good). I stopped reading cause it seemed pointless and every issue just made Beast more unlikeable for no reason. Meanwhile I hear that 20 issues later, the Peacock man is still the villain? Yikes.

  6. #66
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Caracas, Venezuela
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    IDK, seems like a lot of people did cancel XFORCE early on and it kept going (sales have not been good). I stopped reading cause it seemed pointless and every issue just made Beast more unlikeable for no reason. Meanwhile I hear that 20 issues later, the Peacock man is still the villain? Yikes.
    And we still don't know who he is. 26 issues later!

  7. #67
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,503

    Default

    We’re finally getting back to Mr. Peacock after months and months of plant monsters.

  8. #68
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    28

    Default

    X-Force is the only non called X-men team book that actually has consistent above average sales so is not coincidence is the only title not in risk of being relaunched/ended.

  9. #69
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    28

    Default

    I see Lives/Death with the same marketing as Trial... centered around Logan the same way as Trial was for Erik cause SALES but in practice lots of characters interacting and finally some exploration on Moiras past lives.

  10. #70
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    5,957

    Default

    While I'm excited to see what the next phase for the line is going to be, I'll be sitting out the Wolverine event. I don't hate the guy, but I don't like him enough to commit to a long weekly story.

    I will however be picking up the Sabretooth book, which sounds interesting (and anyone who thinks it's not a mini needs a reality check ).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  11. #71
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Caracas, Venezuela
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    X-Force is the only non called X-men team book that actually has consistent above average sales so is not coincidence is the only title not in risk of being relaunched/ended.
    Bullshit! X-Force sold less than Marauders and Hellions and just slightly more than Excalibur, Way of X and X-Corp the last couple months.

  12. #72
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Bullshit! X-Force sold less than Marauders and Hellions and just slightly more than Excalibur, Way of X and X-Corp the last couple months.
    False... YOu are not taking into account the state Xforce and Helliso are at. Sales of Issue 21 similar to issue 13 and is obviously the series at 21 that is still doing better.

    Marauders had the push as the main title for Gala but before that X-Force was the lead of the pack among satellite titles all along.

  13. #73
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    799

    Default

    Lol, XFORCE, when done right, is a major seller!

    This current era of X-Force is barely above cancellation levels. And it's being beaten by Marauders!!! A totally new brand! At a time when new brands fail over established ones!

    X-Force sucks!

  14. #74
    Incredible Member DAHX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    642

    Default

    1) On-sale December 1

    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #80.BEY
    CONAN THE BARBARIAN #1 FACSIMILE EDITION
    DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE: BLADE #1
    DEMON DAYS: RISING STORM #1
    DEVIL'S REIGN #1
    HELLIONS #18
    HULK #2
    MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #33
    NEW MUTANTS #24
    STAR WARS: CRIMSON REIGN #1
    THE THING #2
    VENOM #3
    WASTELANDERS: WOLVERINE #1

    2) On-sale December 8

    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #81
    AVENGERS: TECH-ON AVENGERS #5
    DEFENDERS #4
    DEMON DAYS: X-MEN CREATOR'S CUT #1
    ETERNALS #8
    EXCALIBUR #26
    KANG THE CONQUEROR #5
    KA-ZAR LORD OF THE SAVAGE LAND #4
    MOON KNIGHT #6
    MS. MARVEL: BEYOND THE LIMIT #1
    SAVAGE AVENGERS #27
    STAR WARS: DARTH VADER #19
    STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC #12
    STRANGE ACADEMY #14
    WASTELANDERS: HAWKEYE #1
    X-FORCE #26

    3) On-sale December 15

    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #82
    AVENGERS #51
    DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE: X-MEN/BLACK KNIGHT #1
    DEVIL'S REIGN #2
    HAWKEYE: KATE BISHOP #2
    IRON MAN #15
    KING CONAN #1
    PHOENIX SONG: ECHO #3
    S.W.O.R.D. #11
    STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS #19
    STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC - TRAIL OF SHADOWS #3
    THE DARKHOLD: SPIDER-MAN #1
    THE LAST AVENGERS STORY: MARVEL TALES #1
    WASTELANDERS: BLACK WIDOW #1
    WOLVERINE #19

    4) On-sale December 22

    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #83
    AVENGERS FOREVER #1
    CAPTAIN AMERICA/IRON MAN #2
    DEATH OF DOCTOR STRANGE #4
    MARVEL: TIMELESS #1
    SHANG-CHI #7
    STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #17
    THOR #20
    WASTELANDERS: STAR-LORD #1
    X-MEN #6
    X-MEN: THE TRIAL OF MAGNETO #5

    5) On-sale December 29

    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #84
    CAPTAIN MARVEL #35
    DARKHAWK #5
    ELEKTRA: BLACK, WHITE & BLOOD #1
    FANTASTIC FOUR #39
    INFERNO #4
    MARAUDERS #27
    SPIDER-WOMAN #18
    STAR WARS #20
    THE DARKHOLD OMEGA #1
    THE MARVELS #7
    WARHAMMER 40,000: SISTERS OF BATTLE #5
    WASTELANDERS: DOOM #1
    X-MEN LEGENDS #10

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    1) On-sale January 5, 2022 (fully solicited next month)

    ALIEN #9
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #85
    AVENGERS: TECH-ON AVENGERS #6
    BEN REILLY: SPIDER-MAN #1
    BLACK PANTHER LEGENDS #3
    DEFENDERS #5
    DEVIL'S REIGN: VILLAINS FOR HIRE #1
    FANTASTIC FOUR: RECKONING WAR ALPHA #1
    KA-ZAR LORD OF THE SAVAGE LAND #5
    MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #34
    SABRETOOTH #1
    STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC - TRAIL OF SHADOWS #4
    STRANGE ACADEMY #15
    THE X LIVES OF WOLVERINE #1
    VENOM #4
    Last edited by DAHX; 09-17-2021 at 03:51 PM.
    Be kind, it's FREE

  15. #75
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Lol, XFORCE, when done right, is a major seller!

    This current era of X-Force is barely above cancellation levels. And it's being beaten by Marauders!!! A totally new brand! At a time when new brands fail over established ones!

    X-Force sucks!
    I think the problem is that it’s become another Wolverine vehicle. Ever since the Kyle/Yost and Uncanny X-Force runs. And Logan has his solo book too. They should maybe make this a darker book when everything relaunches. I could see Beast, Sage and Black Tom as intel branch still; but due to Logan’s moral reservations with some of the things they’re doing (and whatever he goes through in the X Lives/Deaths series), he gets replaced by Kwannon and Sabretooth, who along with Domino comprise the field Ops branch. That could be cool, and doing dirty work in the mutant CIA would be a perfect place for Psylocke to land after Hellions and for Creed to land after his new mini series. Just a thought.

    Hell, throw in Wild Child too and have him run with Creed like he did in the AoA and the old X-Factor run in the 90s. That would be cool IMO.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •