Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

There's no doubt he's popular, but you can still get sick of seeing the something over and over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I think Duggan's X-Men is the book most likely to continue through the Wolverine minis, X-Force and New Mutants may also be a possibility but they sound like they are each ending and setting up a renumbering that could come during or after Lives/Death of. I hope to have something to read in January and February.

You could not pay me to read a Sabretooth book, sorry Victor LaValle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    There's no doubt he's popular, but you can still get sick of seeing the something over and over again.
    Wolverine appears in his solo and X-Force(and he's not even in every issue)... that's it. Meanwhile Emma Frost, Kitty, Xavier, Magneto and others show up in multiple X-titles and no complaining from anyone. From my time on these forums, it seems nobody here is even reading those titles Wolverine appears in(they're certainly the least discussed titles here), so the complaints about him being everywhere are strange to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Sabretooth #1 announced for January 2022.
    They let him out???

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Wolverine appears in his solo and X-Force(and he's not even in every issue)... that's it. Meanwhile Emma Frost, Kitty, Xavier, Magneto and others show up in multiple X-titles and no complaining from anyone. From my time on these forums, it seems nobody here is even reading those titles Wolverine appears in(they're certainly the least discussed titles here), so the complaints about him being everywhere are strange to me.
    People have been complaining about Emma stealing focus in Marauders, actually. And people were overall fine with Wolverine's current amount of focus. Until he got a game, his own event (while other books are put on hold), and that Wastelanders stuff all at once. We're getting a full Wolverine assault.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiously.
    Plus...we are not forced to read any of the books in which he appears.
    We are not forced to read any books we don't want to read.
    I'm genuinely happy for the Wolverine fans.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    People have been complaining about Emma stealing focus in Marauders, actually. And people were overall fine with Wolverine's current amount of focus. Until he got a game, his own event (while other books are put on hold), and that Wastelanders stuff all at once. We're getting a full Wolverine assault.
    What assault? Marvel didn't force a Wolverine game, it was the developers themselves who pitched the idea to Marvel. The Wastelanders was announced months ago, but it isn't solely Wolverine. Anywho, I doubt anybody who's not a fan will check it out anyway.

What assault? Marvel didn't force a Wolverine game, it was the developers themselves who pitched the idea to Marvel. The Wastelanders was announced months ago, but it isn't solely Wolverine. Anywho, I doubt anybody who's not a fan will check it out anyway.
    It's still a ton of Wolverine stuff coming out around the same time, especially while other books' fates are uncertain. To be clear, I don't think it's bad that Wolverine is getting focus, but I can totally understand why people are getting sick of one of Marvel's most shilled characters getting even more shilling.

There’s a wrong-headed mindset at work here, in that many fans conflate Wolverine getting something with that taking away appearances or opportunities (games, etc.) from their favorites. And that just isn’t the case, anymore than Spider-man or Captain America getting something takes away from other X-men characters. Yeah, I get that Logan is an X-man, but he’s also a major character and kind of a franchise unto himself. So he’s not stealing the spotlight from the other characters as I see it. Because they weren’t going to do a [insert X-character here] video game in the absence of Logan getting one.

I don't think he's stealing anything from anyone. (Though the fact that books are being put on hold for a Wolvie event is pretty annoying.) I understand WHY he's getting focus. I'm just sick of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exactatiously.
    Plus...we are not forced to read any of the books in which he appears.
    We are not forced to read any books we don't want to read.
    I'm genuinely happy for the Wolverine fans.
    Absolute truth.
    I'm happy for Wolverine fans too and I hope it does very well.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

For me it's less about Wolverine and just that Percy's plots don't excite me that much. We've all heard the complaints about X-Force, and Wolverine is a solid book but it seems to be pretty standard fair for the character so there's not too much to discuss. Particularly around the latter, I feel like less discussion is more so about people not having any big controversies or things to complain about whenever it comes out.

If the wolverine book is to be as monumental and important as Hox/Pox it def sucks cause I would rather do away with needing to read any of Logan but, I too am nosy so I have to find out how his event will affect the Krakoan era and how it'll impact it with Inferno literally just finishing before it starts
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

How can one be "sick" of something they have no interest in.
    I'm not interested in Batman. So that fact that he has a million books doesn't affect me in the least. Why should it, when I'm focusing on the books I am actually interested in.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Wolverine is beyond OVERUSED!!!!

It's the truth.

If I was a Wolverine fan I wouldn't get offended, I'd just bring up that in traditional sales, Wolverine is the King of the X-Men. That's why most books have a version of a Wolverine usually. Books with a "Wolverine" sell better than a book without one even if that book is badly written.

I mean I get that this site is not pro-Wolverine but arguing that Wolverine isn't an overused character makes no sense.