Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: X-Men 3 preview

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Magneto should be their father and the HE should be confirmed as their mother, getting pregnant shouldn’t be a feat beyond his abilities!
    I'd prefer a devious story that ties to Moira, have it revealed that Moira is more strategic than initially thought, in every life she lives,she follows sinister's playbook creating clones(Golems) and has them get pregnant by the mutants she is allied to. She had A Golem give birth to Luminous in life 8 when she was with Magneto and the HE has set his own sights on those kids of hers collecting and tweaking them across the lives(maybe through ghost boxes) and now he is here looking for the next progeny

I doubt they'd go there but we do know she made sure that she had Proteus and Xavier had David as part of some plan ,so the primer for this kind of tale is there.

I highly doubt that the High Evolutionary's past with Wanda and Pietro has anything to do with this issue of X-Men. We might get a mention from Wyndham or Luminous, but that's the most I can see it being referenced.
    The High Evolutionary clearly came to Earth because he heard about Arakko from Cordyceps Jones. He either wants something from Vietnam (the Cotati / the Priests of Pama?) or he wants something from the mutants.

Now, to go off on a tangent about The Trial of Magneto:

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    everything he is doing is to protect his kid Wand and pietro. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are not only mutants once again but also confirmed to be his biological children once again.
    i think Polaris ends up not being Magnetos biological daughter.Wanda's subconscious attempt at resetting her origins to being a mutant and Magneto's daughter? I stand by the theory that when she "No more mutants"-ed she warped her origin (and quicksilver's by default) to make her not a mutant or Magneto's daughter anymore (unintentionally and subconsciously without her even knowing that she did it). I feel like their conversation at the end of the gala, with Mags telling her that he still thought of her as a daughter and hoped to find a way to help her reconcile with the mutant community, triggered something deep inside her that said that it was okay for her to change things back. As for the traces of metal that were binding her, that they think killed her, I think that when her powers started to change things back and hurt her, Magneto tried to restrain her so that she couldn't hurt herself, but then she teleported him away and knocked him out, which is why he doesn't have an alibi and doesn't actually know what happened. Because he doesn't know what happened, he's started to question if he really did do it, which is why he's so conflicted when finally confronted by the Avengers.
    Maybe it's just me and I have different standards of proof, but none of this stuff has ever been 'confirmed' in any way.
    In Wanda and Magneto's conversation during the Gala, they clearly state that they are not blood related, something that both of them acknowledge, so its not denial on the part of anyone.
    And as far as The Trial of Magneto 2, Wanda and Quicksilver are still human - the Cerebro recording was from years ago when Xavier still believed they were mutants.
    Of course all of this can change by the end of the story (and so can literally anything else), but as of right now, none of stuff is confirmed.
    Also, I don't understand where this Polaris is not Magneto's daughter stuff is coming from. A relationship that is frayed or going through a bad phase is not foreshadowing of a retcon of said relationship.

The one thing I do agree with you is that the cause of Wanda's death was likely her reality warping. The white figure who killed her is either some version of herself, or some entity conjured by her.
    I feel like the popular fan theories - Mystique killed Wanda, Onslaught killed Wanda, Exodus killed Wanda, Quicksilver killed Wanda, and the most asinine one, Nightcrawler killed Wanda - come from a misreading of the intentions of the author.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    To be fair, she not a surprise sibling any more and with her, magneto will finally have enough people for a house of m basketball team. Who can resist that, really?
    Lol I love the idea but I am also like please, marvel, stop making him an absent Dad, or at least let him raise one kid, I am halway expecting his next trial to be all about alimony debts

But seriously, I don´t even think Luminous is related to Wanda and Pietro genetically, more like she has a version of their powers thanks to High evolutionary and that´s it. Not all the "children" of evolutionary were really related.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    I highly doubt that the High Evolutionary's past with Wanda and Pietro has anything to do with this issue of X-Men. We might get a mention from Wyndham or Luminous, but that's the most I can see it being referenced.
    The High Evolutionary clearly came to Earth because he heard about Arakko from Cordyceps Jones. He either wants something from Vietnam (the Cotati / the Priests of Pama?) or he wants something from the mutants.
    Agreed

Maybe it's just me and I have different standards of proof, but none of this stuff has ever been 'confirmed' in any way.
    In Wanda and Magneto's conversation during the Gala, they clearly state that they are not blood related, something that both of them acknowledge, so its not denial on the part of anyone.
    And as far as The Trial of Magneto 2, Wanda and Quicksilver are still human - the Cerebro recording was from years ago when Xavier still believed they were mutants.
    Of course all of this can change by the end of the story (and so can literally anything else), but as of right now, none of stuff is confirmed.
    Also, I don't understand where this Polaris is not Magneto's daughter stuff is coming from. A relationship that is frayed or going through a bad phase is not foreshadowing of a retcon of said relationship.
    Agreed

The one thing I do agree with you is that the cause of Wanda's death was likely her reality warping. The white figure who killed her is either some version of herself, or some entity conjured by her.
    I feel like the popular fan theories - Mystique killed Wanda, Onslaught killed Wanda, Exodus killed Wanda, Quicksilver killed Wanda, and the most asinine one, Nightcrawler killed Wanda - come from a misreading of the intentions of the author.
    She smiled when the figure attaked her and looked like she knew him/her but that´s it and yes I could see the angle of some entity conjured by her doing it or Exodus maybe. So far acording to her memories, the only thing that could point to Magneto´s culpability was that the figure was using his old outfit from when he was "The White Pilgrim" but he has not used that since he found out, apparently, that Wanda and Pietro were his children and its so generic that anyone else could use the same outfit.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-18-2021 at 07:04 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post

Lots of men in Marvel have children by different women or there are female characters with children by different men .

If they do indeed make Wanda and Pietro mutants of course Lorna would still be his daughter.

It’s just some people are always fearful for their favorite characters, particularly if it’s a character that has a period of underuse.

I at this point don’t have this fear for any character because I don’t have the powers of Professor X and Marvel will do whatever they want tu with their characters. Sure, I can comment with my opinions but at the end of the day not the owner so why worry myself with what’s not mine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    She is some kind of clone hybrid of Wanda and Pietro made from their generic material by the High Evolutionary.

It felt like they wanted her to be the replacement for Lorna back then, but she went on ice immediately after the arc.
    Yeah. After that arc the twins went into obsecurity as no one really knew what to do with them for awhile. Pietro has yet to recover from the damage this did him.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Yeah. After that arc the twins went into obsecurity as no one really knew what to do with them for awhile. Pietro has yet to recover from the damage this did him.
    No they didn't. Wanda had her solo and Pietro was in Uncanny Avengers.

Fantastic Member

As someone who never read Uncanny Avengers and doesn't give a crap about Magneto's kids I really hope this has nothing at all to do with them
    "If I come back from the dead one more time I'll be seriously in danger of turning into some kind of walking cliche." - Jean Grey, Uncanny X-Men #284

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I really enjoyed Uncanny Avengers Vol 1, Vol 2 I didn't like at all and Vol 3 had more bad issues than good.
    I think we’re polar opposites. I didn’t like volume one, liked volume 2, and thought volume 3 had more good issues than bad.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

baumblume

mags is Wanda and Pietros father again. Pietro look too much like a magneto.

Luminous always looks like a Shi'ar to me.

I love Uncanny Avengers Volume 1, hated everything about Volume 2, & Volume 3 was completely hit or miss depending on the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I love Uncanny Avengers Volume 1, hated everything about Volume 2, & Volume 3 was completely hit or miss depending on the issue.
    I could not have described my ucanny-A reading experience better than you did.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I liked Uncanny Avengers vol.1, disliked Vol.2 for the retcon and loved vol.3 Duggan gave it an interesting takes so I hope he addresses it on his X-men.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Luminous always looks like a Shi'ar to me.
    Yeah, when I first saw her, I thought it was that awful Warbird or whatever who was supposed to be bodyguard to Kid Gladiator or some nonsense. (Wait, he's got the powers of Superboy and they send angry violent bird-chick with no powers to be his bodyguard? That's like, quick, Exodus is in danger! Beak, save him!)

baumblume