Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: X-Men 3 preview

Luminous...how boring.

No more surprise siblings.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I enjoyed Uncanny X-Force. Uncanny Avengers started strong but the transition into Axis, the reverse of parentage for Wanda & Pietro, and then RR abruptly leaving the relaunched series 6 issues in made it all fall apart.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

FINALLY!!!! Been waiting on this preview. Larraz keeps bringing the heat. Can't wait to get my physical copy next week!
    Mutant and Proud!

I hope that the High Evolutionary confesses that he lied about the Maximoffs not being mutants.

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I hope that the High Evolutionary confesses that he lied about the Maximoffs not being mutants.
    I still think that this arc will lead to Mags being Wanda and Pietros father again. And everything he is doing is to protect his kids.

My theory... Wanda was ressurected, but Wanda is also in spiritual Limbo. Ress. Wanda is a younger (knowledge wise depending on when she was last backed up on Cerebro) version of herself that may still be a mutant (i still feel she used magic to rewrite her & Pietro history and ties to magneto). I feel like Hope may have just gave a her a quick rundown or mentally walking her through it. Spirit Wanda's journey could lead her back into her real body
    Though, whoever did try to kill her, must have intentions on putting greater purpose on her. Hopefully this means that Wanda has her actual life back and is actually a mutant again. Though. If that's the case, then the same could be said about Pietro if the killer is actually after him as well. Anyway, whatever the killer's intentions are, it is Definitely for a greater purpose.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5734771

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Huh, I read all of Remender's work from that run and have zero recollection of this character. Probably because I was too busy eye rolling the clearly mandated due to movie rights retcon happening on the pages. This is a bit OT but I really think Rick got screwed with the story he had to tell with Axis and the rest of his last days at Marvel.
    Just to be clear, there were 3 Uncanny Avengers series…

- The first ran issues 1-25 and was written by Remender
    - The second ran issues 1-5 and was written by Remender
    - The third ran issues 1-30 and was NOT written by Remender

The storyline in question was that second one running only 5 issues. It was easy to miss.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Just to be clear, there were 3 Uncanny Avengers series…

- The first ran issues 1-25 and was written by Remender
    - The second ran issues 1-5 and was written by Remender
    - The third ran issues 1-30 and was NOT written by Remender

The storyline in question was that second one running only 5 issues. It was easy to miss.
    I really enjoyed Uncanny Avengers Vol 1, Vol 2 I didn't like at all and Vol 3 had more bad issues than good.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I really enjoyed Uncanny Avengers Vol 1, Vol 2 I didn't like at all and Vol 3 had more bad issues than good.
    First time I ever heard that.

What'd Remender do to sell you on that book?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    First time I ever heard that.

What'd Remender do to sell you on that book?
    Seriously ?, the title was very popular and one of Marvels best sellers during its time, I think for me it was mainly the cast, the characters were great, Captain America, Thor, Scarlet Witch, Wolverine, Rogue, Sunfire, Havok, Wonderman and Wasp.
    Then they decided to do AXIS and everything went to ****.
    In Vol 3 when they introduced Johnny Storm and some Inhumans onto the team that was it for me, Marvel were trying to replace mutants with Inhumans because they didn't own their movie rights, as we all know it didn't work.
    It's like Jason Aarons Avengers, it's horrible, I like his roster but the character interaction is horrible and Aaron just keeps trying to do big events, bigger isn't always better.
    He could have a powered up Sinister Six fight the Avengers and it would be better than his Heroes Reborn stuff.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 09-17-2021 at 09:40 PM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    I still think that this arc will lead to Mags being Wanda and Pietros father again. And everything he is doing is to protect his kids.

My theory... Wanda was ressurected, but Wanda is also in spiritual Limbo. Ress. Wanda is a younger (knowledge wise depending on when she was last backed up on Cerebro) version of herself that may still be a mutant (i still feel she used magic to rewrite her & Pietro history and ties to magneto). I feel like Hope may have just gave a her a quick rundown or mentally walking her through it. Spirit Wanda's journey could lead her back into her real body
    Though, whoever did try to kill her, must have intentions on putting greater purpose on her. Hopefully this means that Wanda has her actual life back and is actually a mutant again. Though. If that's the case, then the same could be said about Pietro if the killer is actually after him as well. Anyway, whatever the killer's intentions are, it is Definitely for a greater purpose.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5734771
    This issue also had me scratching my head at its inclusion, with Wanda resurfacing there is unfortunately really no need for the Avengers to appear in the upcoming issues.
    My three main questions are was Magneto being mind controlled, surely that was a resurrected Wanda at the issues end and what are Hope and the rest of the Five hiding ?.

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    This issue also had me scratching my head at its inclusion, with Wanda resurfacing there is unfortunately really no need for the Avengers to appear in the upcoming issues.
    My three main questions are was Magneto being mind controlled, surely that was a resurrected Wanda at the issues end and what are Hope and the rest of the Five hiding ?.
    everything he is doing is to protect his kid Wand and pietro. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are not only mutants once again but also confirmed to be his biological children once again.
    i think Polaris ends up not being Magnetos biological daughter.Wanda's subconscious attempt at resetting her origins to being a mutant and Magneto's daughter? I stand by the theory that when she "No more mutants"-ed she warped her origin (and quicksilver's by default) to make her not a mutant or Magneto's daughter anymore (unintentionally and subconsciously without her even knowing that she did it). I feel like their conversation at the end of the gala, with Mags telling her that he still thought of her as a daughter and hoped to find a way to help her reconcile with the mutant community, triggered something deep inside her that said that it was okay for her to change things back. As for the traces of metal that were binding her, that they think killed her, I think that when her powers started to change things back and hurt her, Magneto tried to restrain her so that she couldn't hurt herself, but then she teleported him away and knocked him out, which is why he doesn't have an alibi and doesn't actually know what happened. Because he doesn't know what happened, he's started to question if he really did do it, which is why he's so conflicted when finally confronted by the Avengers.
    Last edited by baumblume; 09-18-2021 at 01:17 PM.

We have less than a week to wait until this drops and I'm excited, anxious, and ready. The stoic, decisive quality Duggan is imbuing Jean with has me like... I'm just ready. I want her front and center, but I also know that other characters deserve some focus too, hence my nervousness, hehehe.

baumblume

The High Evolutionary has a deep and complicated past with the X-Men and Magnetos kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Magneto should be their father and the HE should be confirmed as their mother, getting pregnant shouldn’t be a feat beyond his abilities!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Luminous...how boring.

No more surprise siblings.
    To be fair, she not a surprise sibling any more and with her, magneto will finally have enough people for a house of m basketball team. Who can resist that, really?