Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes the moment they confirmed this I was like Oh so they are Chilean and now they are on their own dimension or it seemed that way, I also liked how in Careyīs run they were able to build their own citadel using their own powers, hope they come back soon, Serafina is my favorite from the group and yes South American Andean representation for the win
    Same! Serafina is my favorite. She is so weird but so intriguing and her design reminds me of a goth girl. Her name is also the nicest haha she was the favourite in the Vault or what? the others got awful names lmao

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    yes it's not easy as it sounds hahah there's history in comics

like when the Children of the Vault used to say random spanish words without context lmao

Attachment 113902
    Lol embarrassing. It sounds like he was having a stroke. Was this approved by Akira Yoshida?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Same! Serafina is my favorite. She is so weird but so intriguing and her design reminds me of a goth girl. Her name is also the nicest haha she was the favourite in the Vault or what? the others got awful names lmao
    Lol yes, Serafina powers and story was so well developed and impressive in her first apparition that the others just could not compare and it was noticable they didnīt have the same thought put into them or their names. I hope to see her and more development for the others in next X-men stories. I also love her name, way better than "Sangre" or "Cadena" the only other name I liked was Luz but I didnīt like her personality at all.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Lol yes, Serafina powers and story was so well developed and impressive in her first apparition that the others just could not compare and it was noticable they didnīt have the same thought put into them or their names. I hope to see her and more development for the others in next X-men stories
    Yes, she was much more developed thatn any other. It would be great if X-Men continue with the Vault stories. I have hope that Synch and Laura being in the flagship book means that they will develop it. Since the Vault seems to be kind of tied to the homo novissima that were so prominent in the sixth life of Moira, I still have hope to see more of them in the incoming plots. Maybe something in Inferno or X Deaths/Lives of Wolvie?

I also love her name, way better than "Sangre" or "Cadena" the only other name I liked was Luz but I didnīt like her personality at all.
    I think the worst one was "Perro" like, that's literally "dog" lol poor guy, imagine the bullying.

I have to use this thread to shout out Sunspot. The OG New Mutants are my favorite X-Team of all time. Bobby always seemed like a hot head and somebody really confident. I appreciated the relationship he had with Sam and how the two of them were so opposite, but so close.
    Mutant and Proud!

Yes, she was much more developed thatn any other. It would be great if X-Men continue with the Vault stories. I have hope that Synch and Laura being in the flagship book means that they will develop it. Since the Vault seems to be kind of tied to the homo novissima that were so prominent in the sixth life of Moira, I still have hope to see more of them in the incoming plots. Maybe something in Inferno or X Deaths/Lives of Wolvie?
    Given Logan was in charge of going for Serafina and that the title X lives/Deaths of Wolvie look like a calling out to Moira X lives, I think they have more opportunity showing over there, Inferno looks like itīs going to be about giving closure to Hickmanīs subplot of Destiny, Mystique and Moira so I donīt think there will be much room for the COTV.

I think the worst one was "Perro" like, that's literally "dog" lol poor guy, imagine the bullying.
    Lol honestly, I kind of think being called "Perro" by everyone there was part of the bullying

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I have to use this thread to shout out Sunspot. The OG New Mutants are my favorite X-Team of all time. Bobby always seemed like a hot head and somebody really confident. I appreciated the relationship he had with Sam and how the two of them were so opposite, but so close.
    Agreed and he had really great development under Hickman with Secret Wars and Duggan when he became leader of an Avengers team, hopefully people over the X-side follow into this because he looks like he can already form his own team on Krakoa or elsewhere.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

**** yeah, I remembered Wind Dancer. Sorry Sunspot, he's easily my favorite Latino.

She has an interesting power, and some unique ways to use them. (Listening in on conversations from a distance, disrupting people.) Personality-wise, she was a breath of fresh air; she was assertive without being pushy, she was sensitive and empathetic without being a push-over, and I really liked the individual relationships she formed with other characters. Her presence was sorely missed in New X-Men.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    **** yeah, I remembered Wind Dancer. Sorry Sunspot, he's easily my favorite Latino.

She has an interesting power, and some unique ways to use them. (Listening in on conversations from a distance, disrupting people.) Personality-wise, she was a breath of fresh air; she was assertive without being pushy, she was sensitive and empathetic without being a push-over, and I really liked the individual relationships she formed with other characters. Her presence was sorely missed in New X-Men.
    Can she suffocate people to death by sucking the air out of their lungs? If not Storm should teach her.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Lol embarrassing. It sounds like he was having a stroke. Was this approved by Akira Yoshida?
    I meeeean it's cabeįas e caudas better than Sunspot shouting out sh!t in Spanish. I from a cooountry town in Alabama and even I was like ...errr doesn't he speak a totally different language lol

We since he has gravity powers maybe he's a big fan of the movie 'Amores Perros'?
    Can she suffocate people to death by sucking the air out of their lungs? If not Storm should teach her.
    Whoa whoa keep it PG!
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I meeeean it's cabeįas e caudas better than Sunspot shouting out sh!t in Spanish. I from a cooountry town in Alabama and even I was like ...errr doesn't he speak a totally different language lol
    Well Berto is from Brazil so I guess he was speaking portuguese, not spanish but I have the feeling it also wasnīt correctly written

We since he has gravity powers maybe he's a big fan of the movie 'Amores Perros'?
    It could be but acording to the story "Perro" is supposed to be his actual name, not his nickname and hence the bullying but well I guess since the COTV are evolved maybe Perro doesnīt mean the same thing it means to us, still itīs a name that sounds rare in spanish to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I donīt know much about her but yes, I also appreciate female characters that show different sides of themselves.

I need to read about her but my guess is that she would not see that as an option. Ororo has an edge not every other character has.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-18-2021 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Haha that’s true sometimes the cómics had Roberto talking in Spanish. I remember some issues of 90s X-Force where he used to say “Madre de Dios!” And I was like “mmm that’s not Portuguese” haha unless he is trilingual!

You know, maybe he probably is trilingual, I didnīt think about this and now that heīs dating Deathbird, he probably knows her language too

You know, maybe he probably is trilingual, I didnīt think about this and now that heīs dating Deathbird, he probably knows her language too
    I mean he's probably a polymath...but using Spanish (a language people often mistake Brazilians speak) when you're surprised/shocked etc when your responses would he automatic is pretty sus
    GrindrStone(D)

Portuguese and Spanish do sound similar and sometimes we can understand each other without fully knowing the language but I agree, him using a spanish expresion when upset is rare, because we usually use our mother language when we are taken by surprise. So my guess is that the writer incorrectly assumed he also spoke Spanish because heīs from Brazil.

This mistake is not rare, a lot of people believe spanish is the only or main language spoken in latin America but there are three main languages spoken here: Spanish, Portuguese and French besides others that are not so talked but also used inside the native communities. Given Bertoīs family I think he probably traveled a lot since he was young, so he most probably speaks those three as well as english but when upset, yes, he probably would speak in portuguese.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-18-2021 at 10:59 PM.

This is not an X-side character but I also liked Firebird

Kweeeeeeeaaaaaaaannnnnn
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”