Default What is this flashback page referring to?

This is a page from Justice League of America (2006) #0, what is Lex talking about?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fantastic Member

This wasn’t a flashback. It was a (potential) flashforward—hence the “Tomorrow” caption.

Extraordinary Member

I assume he's talking about Conner/Superboy, who was killed in Infinite Crisis not long before. Connor's origins had been retconned shortly before his death so that part of DNA was from Luthor making him kind of Luthor's son.

Quote Originally Posted by RJT View Post
    This wasn’t a flashback. It was a (potential) flashforward—hence the “Tomorrow” caption.
    Yeah, I might have been confused. Some of the pages with the Tomorrow caption seemed to be based on things that had happened in the comics.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Yeah I think that was meant to hint at an event that was probably planned but for some reason never happened. It looks like some climatic showdown between the trinity and Lex regarding Kon-El.

Also in Secret Origin there was this tease of "The Death of Lex Luthor" that never really came about. Yeah the end of Action #900 could have been interpreted as that being the "death" of Lex. it was the last appearance of Lex before the New 52 and it seemed his fate was somewhat "final", but I think it was something that was originally on the docket and then never happened. It was probably something DiDio or perhaps Geoff Johns was pushing for/ planning that was scuttled somehow. I've always suspected that that particular scene in the original post and the "death of Lex" tease in Secret Origin were somehow connected but that's just speculation on my part. I think it was probably something that was going to happen probably post "New Krypton" if the original plan for that had been stuck to. However by that time DC already privately decided there would be a full reboot coming with the New 52 and we got Grounded, the Luthor Action arc and Reign of Doomsday instead.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 09-20-2021 at 04:13 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

In the Future Titans story Lex had a close relationship with Conner (or I think it was Conner's clone?) and Conner called him Pa. So I'd think this is about Conner.
    It always seemed weird that Lex did accept Conner as a son while Clark didn't think of him that way. Possibly because Lex consented to creating Conner and Clark didn't.

;

Fantastic Member

Many of the "tomorrow" scenes in that issue were flash-forwards to things that never occurred. Perhaps Meltzer/Johns intended for continuity to catch up to and carry out some of them, but some were set in a future far enough out that they probably never intended for them to occur.

• Hal Jordan gets married.
    • The death of Jonathan Kent.
    • Wonder Woman becomes engaged to be married.
    • Batman and Wonder Woman refuse to meet with Superman after an unspecified funeral.
    • Flash finds an Earth-Two with a Justice Society on it.
    • Superman and Wonder Woman remember Batman after what seems to be a meeting after the ending of Dark Knight Returns.

None of these seem to have occurred in post-IC history, except the death of Jonathan Kent. And, the teaser that Earth-Two existed "again" was on the mark, although it didn't go down like the flash-forward.