Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I huge fan of 90s X-Men, but Onslaught was a bad period and is probably the catalyst when folks bring up bad 90s comics. Maybe somebody out there can make Onslaught interesting, but there's no coming back when you're a huge enough threat that it takes most of the Marvel Universe to stand against you only to later on be punched out and pummeled solely by Captain America lol.

Way of X has been my favorite book these last months, so I'm very excited to read this one-shot. The preview looks great and I think Si's Kurt has great characterization. I hope this story finishes with a bang!

I have to admit I was not into the first preview pages for Way Of X #1 but I’ve become a bit of a Robert Quinn fanboy. I already think he grew enormously just over the course of five issues. I wouldn’t put him in the top tier quite yet but he’s definitely way above fill-in level, and I want to see a lot more from him - he could hit that top tier pretty quickly if he stays on this trajectory. He also seems like a pretty stand-up and generous guy on Twitter, so I’ll be following and rooting for him in whatever he does next after the Black Knights/X-Men issue.

I liked way of x a lot. I am usually not into legion stories but i like him here. Not everything is great in the books. Sometimes it can feel a bit all over the place. I do get some people not liking it and that’s fine. There have been runs in the krakoa era i’ve not been a big fan of either so maybe it balances itself out lol also really hoping they can keep onslaught contained as i think he is really cool like this but i dont think he really warrants a crossover event any time soon

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

While I still think Onslaught's return was unnecessary...this preview reads much more interesting than what came before. The story seemed to be meandering all over the place until this rather straightforward moment.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    While I still think Onslaught's return was unnecessary...this preview reads much more interesting than what came before. The story seemed to be meandering all over the place until this rather straightforward moment.
    I’m absolutely convinced that Way of X will read much, much better as a trade paperback than as individual issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    Not everything is great in the books. Sometimes it can feel a bit all over the place. I do get some people not liking it and that’s fine.
    I mean... is it about Kurt's faith? is it about Legion and Xavier? is it about Krakoan law? is it about this menace Pathwork Man?

Still, I think it's one of the strongest titles of Krakoa. I wish it had come out just after HoxPox.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Holy cringe. I get that appearing out of nowhere and being all grabby is Nightcrawler's entire shtick, but the dude seriously needs to be put the hell down.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Maybe I'm alone in this but I think this preview looks good.
    No Wolvie. I think it is fucking awesome.

This series asked big questions that I just don't have confidence will have satisfying answers. I hope I'm wrong.

And Nightcrawlers faith has been treated as almost a punchline. A thing other people mock him for. It turns me off, and I'm not even a religious person.

Astonishing Member

Just curious for those in the know is Onslaught in lore a fully independent and autonomous entity or does he need Xavier/Magneto to exist to anchor him to this plane?

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Other than because she's one of the main cast members of the comic, I wonder why Kurt prioritized getting Pixie first. I would theorize that Pixie's soul dagger would probably useful in breaking others out of Onslaught's grasp, or maybe it's just that Megan was conveniently standing at the back of the line.

I really like Kurt's coat.
    Only one death, and a very recent one in the context of the story - Onslaught's hooks probably aren't that deep yet, so getting her freed may be much easier.

I raise that as a different, or maybe even additional possibility (since both your theory and mine can complement each other).
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Just curious for those in the know is Onslaught in lore a fully independent and autonomous entity or does he need Xavier/Magneto to exist to anchor him to this plane?
    Onslaught became a fully independent entity after he absorbed enough energy from Xavier, Nate Grey and Franklin Richards, he was also the main villain on Heroes Reborn, heīs basically mutant energy put together that developed a mind of itīs own but is closely linked to Charles and Erik because their fight on Avalon lead to him being "born" and has their powers and memories. Itīs neccesary to disperse him or absorb him to defeat him. hence why some posters said maybe Krakoa should just eat him

On Axis Red Skull was able to use Onslaught powers using Xavierīs mental powers and mixing them with Magnetoīs powers, memories and anger but it was unclear if this was really Onsalught or just Red Skull with Onslaught powers and he lost those powers in the middle of the crossover so the question was left unanswered.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-18-2021 at 08:41 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Only one death, and a very recent one in the context of the story - Onslaught's hooks probably aren't that deep yet, so getting her freed may be much easier.

I raise that as a different, or maybe even additional possibility (since both your theory and mine can complement each other).
    I think Megan's got two deaths. The shotgun in the first issue and the "incident" at the bar in the fourth. I still like your theory, because who knows how many deaths any of the other teens have had off-panel with their resurrection game? Maybe DJ's up there with Quire for number of deaths.

One thing this comic has made me interested in is if there's a list of how many times each character has been resurrected.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Oh boy, let's start the "They're all soulless clones" discussion again! Cause here Legion is pretty much confirming they didn't care about that little thing when they caused this. And if that's all it takes to dispel Onslaught from each mind, lol.
    Doesn't this disprove them being clones? If they were just clones, why would the in between time that's not backed up matter?