Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Maybe I'm alone in this but I think this preview looks good.
    You're not alone. This preview looks great! Spurrier is firing off on all cylinders.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Other than because she's one of the main cast members of the comic, I wonder why Kurt prioritized getting Pixie first. I would theorize that Pixie's soul dagger would probably useful in breaking others out of Onslaught's grasp, or maybe it's just that Megan was conveniently standing at the back of the line.

I really like Kurt's coat.
    With her flight and teleport spell she's pretty mobile, and her pixie dust can potentially knock out a lot of people, or at least distract them from harming each other. Kurt's plan might involve sending her zooming across Krakoa to put as many people as possible out of commission before Onslaught can cause too much damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    With her flight and teleport spell she's pretty mobile, and her pixie dust can potentially knock out a lot of people, or at least distract them from harming each other. Kurt's plan might involve sending her zooming across Krakoa to put as many people as possible out of commission before Onslaught can cause too much damage.
    She's also more capable of mass teleportation than Kurt is, so she could ferry larger groups to the gate into Legion's mind like Kurt did for her. Considering Kurt physically brought Megan through the gate, I would imagine that's either the only way into the mindscape, or at least the easiest.

I don't know why I always forget about her pixie dust even though it's her most obvious ability besides flight.

Astonishing Member

Interesting. So the missing hours/days from those comming back have come into play.

Basicly, unless i misunderstand those preview pages, Onslaught eats pieces of souls which can no longer come back to the person brought back, because they don't have the memories anymore which created these parts in first place.

Which means the Cruciball is basicly one giant buffet to him, by causing constant deaths and revivals, each time resulting in lost minutes or hours.

If that's the case, even when Onslaught is defeated, there is a serious danger of attracting other soul consuming entities to feast on these fragments or downright cause events which will result in their creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    She's also more capable of mass teleportation than Kurt is, so she could ferry larger groups to the gate into Legion's mind. Considering Kurt physically brought Megan through the gate, I would imagine that's either the only way into the mindscape, or at least the easiest.

I don't know why I always forget about her pixie dust even though it's her most obvious ability besides flight.
    Likely because the teleportation spell has a much bigger tactical value and expansion potential than either of her mutant abilities. So when she is called into action it's primarily for that spell, hence resulting in that being more remembered.

Flight via physical wings has long been overshadowed by every mutant who can fly via metaphysical effects, especialy since those often also allow them to perform many other actions (telekinesis, magnetism, wind manipulation, fire controll, etc.). It's after all the reason writers struggle to keep Angel as important, by constantly going back to his Archangel upgrade.

The dust meanwhile is limited in range and who it can affect.
    Last edited by Grunty; 09-18-2021 at 11:30 AM.

Astonishing Member

So considering Magneto is wearing his white costume here I'm assuming this takes place before the Trial???

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    So considering Magneto is wearing his white costume here I'm assuming this takes place before the Trial???
    Possibly? I'm really not sure about the timeline of events. Though the Trial going on while most of the island is still being puppeteered by Onslaught would be weird. Who knows, maybe Legion's temple construct becomes a permanent thing and that's where Wanda's spirit is hanging out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Doesn't this disprove them being clones? If they were just clones, why would the in between time that's not backed up matter?
    Although it is not explained how it matters , maybe it's technological since the memories are stored digitally on cerebro there must be code that strings them together. Think about it if the resurrected had recall of time that they shouldn't have during the time the husk is incubating for example it would be very hard to explain how that is and would make cerebro redundant.It is a neat way of fictionalising to create a method to necessitate cerebro. I think the offcuts or whatever they are termed, are 1.either created by a disconnect between the blindspots and could be that the brain tries to fill in the gaps to make more sense of missing pieces ( just as our brains form patterns to make sense of otherwise random data) or 2. this sentience or 'extra stuff' that Onslaught thrives on comes from storing so many different minds together in one space in effect they seek connection to each other.That's my take anyway
    Last edited by Rev9; 09-19-2021 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Maybe I'm alone in this but I think this preview looks good.
    You're not alone. This preview looks great! Spurrier is firing off on all cylinders.
    Duuuuude Ikr Im not even into Way of X but this looks pretty awesome
    Doesn't this disprove them being clones? If they were just clones, why would the in between time that's not backed up matter?
    I dont think it does...

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Interesting. So the missing hours/days from those comming back have come into play.

Basicly, unless i misunderstand those preview pages, Onslaught eats pieces of souls which can no longer come back to the person brought back, because they don't have the memories anymore which created these parts in first place.

Which means the Cruciball is basicly one giant buffet to him, by causing constant deaths and revivals, each time resulting in lost minutes or hours.

If that's the case, even when Onslaught is defeated, there is a serious danger of attracting other soul consuming entities to feast on these fragments or downright cause events which will result in their creation.
    errrr its more than likely not souls...Kurt doesnt know what the EFF hes talking about.
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Duuuuude Ikr Im not even into Way of X but this looks pretty awesome

I dont think it does...

errrr its more than likely not souls...Kurt doesnt know what the EFF hes talking about.
    Nobody in the preview or Way of X refers to the missing gaps as part of the soul. If anything, they talk about them like memories (recorded Monday, die Wednesday lose Tuesday)

I feel like anybody who still thinks they're just clones, especially after the whole bit from X of Swords where dying in Otherworld wipes their minds, is just never going to be convinced otherwise.

It would be good to have an idea of the timeline of these events, especially with Inferno out next week.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I feel like anybody who still thinks they're just clones, especially after the whole bit from X of Swords where dying in Otherworld wipes their minds, is just never going to be convinced otherwise.
    Yes if they've been in denial this long then there's no point.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Better not worry about timeline cuz this, Trial of Mags and Inferno will be running concurrently.
    "Cable was right!"