Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Default Esdeath vs Prince Herb

Lets say their speed is roughly even. Standard Khazan Battle otherwise
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Lets say their speed is roughly even. Standard Khazan Battle otherwise
    Ehh…..wasn’t Mousse and Ryouga kind of laughing at Herb throwing 3 ton boulders at Ranma, like that wasn’t anything special?

I’m trying to remember Herb being overly impressive and I don’t think he’s got the oomph to stop Ex’s ice stuff.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

You're thinking of Saffron. Herb was the one that was basically a Dragon Ball character.

As for Saffron, I'm not sure Esdeath could actually do a lot to him in the form he fought Ranma. She's a hundred times the fighter he is, but her big stuff would mostly get blocked by the fact that he's constantly outputting stone-melting heat, and her sword stuff probably wouldn't be enough to overcome his regeneration. She's smart enough that she might be able to ten count him somehow, and Saffron is *supposed* to run out of energy eventually in his half-mature form, but otherwise, I think Saffron might actually win that fight by being a pretty hard counter on most of her abilities with huge AoE attacks that are absolutely strong enough to harm or kill her.

For reference, what was pointed out about the three ton boulder is that it hurt Saffron at all. It didn't really hurt him MUCH (or do any lasting harm), it was just that they considered THAT to mean he had a glass jaw.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 09-16-2021 at 05:52 PM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

You're thinking of Saffron. Herb was the one that was basically a Dragon Ball character.

As for Saffron, I'm not sure Esdeath could actually do a lot to him in the form he fought Ranma. She's a hundred times the fighter he is, but her big stuff would mostly get blocked by the fact that he's constantly outputting stone-melting heat, and her sword stuff probably wouldn't be enough to overcome his regeneration. She's smart enough that she might be able to ten count him somehow, and Saffron is *supposed* to run out of energy eventually in his half-mature form, but otherwise, I think Saffron might actually win that fight by being a pretty hard counter on most of her abilities with huge AoE attacks that are absolutely strong enough to harm or kill her.
    Ahh yeah, Saffron. Sorry, it’s been probably a decade since I read Ranma.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

For reference, what was pointed out about the three ton boulder is that it hurt Saffron at all. It didn't really hurt him MUCH (or do any lasting harm), it was just that they considered THAT to mean he had a glass jaw.
    It should be noted that the multi-ton boulders that managed to temporarily stun Saffron were being flung at him by a tornado that was moving fast enough to drill through the ground and redirect the flow of an underground river.

As for Herb, his stats seemed to be more or less dead even with Ranma's, only he could die out ki-blasts like they were going out of style and had killed blade projectiles that easily decapitate hilltops. He also knows the Hiryuu Shorten Ha well enough to be able to easily hijack Ranma's attempt to use it, so he presumably had mattered the Body of Ice well enough that he might be able to ignore/escape Eadeath's ability to freeze time (as "resistance to cold" is explicitly a valid way to resist Esdeath's literal time freeze. That said, he never showed anything like wRanma's invisibility and generally had no need to be as sneaky or clever as Ranma, though he was by no means a moron.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 09-16-2021 at 08:26 PM.

I'd say the specific way he countered the Hiryu Shoten Ha makes it all but impossible that he wouldn't be able to use every part of the move if he wanted to; he just has no real use for it, since it's pretty much tailor made to be used by creative underdogs, and he is neither of those.

Mind you, cold resistance never granted full out immunity to Esdeath's timestop, just enough resistance for Tatsumi to get off a surprise counter through it, which was enough. Probably would be for Herb too, if she wasn't expecting it. She doesn't seem able to spam it, so as long as he can make it through one, it he shouldn't have to deal with it again. But I don't think *ignoring* it is on the table
    Last edited by BitVyper; 09-16-2021 at 11:27 PM.