View Poll Results: Will Bendis restore Clark's past with the classic LSH?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

3 7.14%
  • No.

25 59.52%
  • Not sure.

6 14.29%
  • They'll do it later, but not yet.

8 19.05%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The Earth was destroyed in the 5 Years Latter run. A ton of major cities were domed and escaped and joined together into a linked space station. Fans hated the whole idea, and it only lasted a couple years before the first reboot came.

I was thinking than Bendis must had liked a lot this era, if he took ideas from it for his own stories. And I mean not only for his Legion Bendisboot but for other works also.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Just wait until they get around to rebooting / realigning the WHOLE f#@%in' DC Universe once they go too far with all this "EVERY STORY EVER PUBLISHED HAPPENED!!!" bulls#!^ and it makes the whole Hawkworld snafu look like a minor inconsistency.

Astonishing Member

I dunno what you going on about Hoy. Everything happens means just most of it and not all. Don't take it too literal.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

My god i hope so but i don't think he will. Kal could've been in the Legion after Jon as a work around.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    I dunno what you going on about Hoy. Everything happens means just most of it and not all. Don't take it too literal.
    So "Everything happened" really means "Well, almost but not EVERYTHING happened, and we're being vague as to what actually happened"?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Just wait until they get around to rebooting / realigning the WHOLE f#@%in' DC Universe once they go too far with all this "EVERY STORY EVER PUBLISHED HAPPENED!!!" bulls#!^ and it makes the whole Hawkworld snafu look like a minor inconsistency.
    Well they are doing another Crisis, so its either that or trying their hand at "fixing" the incomprehensible mess history is.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Well they are doing another Crisis, so its either that or trying their hand at "fixing" the incomprehensible mess history is.
    At this point it is almost preferable to stick to headcanons.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Doubtful. TPTB really does believe that by gutting the character he will be more relateable to the reader. Post-Crisis Superman is the manifestation of that belief, thus they'll try to keep Post-Crisis Superman as dry and hollow as the possible can.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Unfortunately, with the Legion, I trust Bendis less than almost anyone to do right by the book and team. His run has most definitely been a reboot of everything. How else can you explain a race-swapped Lightning Lad and family? How do you explain Dawnstar with holographic light wings? Dream Girl made of...I dunno...sandman dust? Mon-El a descendant of Superman and not a Daxamite? This is the most ridiculous run of the Legion to ever see print and just best to be let slip away until someone who can do right by the characters comes along.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

he outright said that he was setting this new Legion in the 32nd Century, thereby allowing all the previous incarnations to continue to exist because the last thing the Legion need was to be rebooted again.
    So, if he didn't want to reboot the Legion, why not let Jon have his own new original characters be placed in the 32nd century instead making things more a mess?

but all the Superman fans who were miffed by Jon inexplicably now being the inspiration for Legion rather than his father.
    Has Bendis ever talked about this decision? I don't see the rational behind it. It just showed me no one at DC had no idea what to do with the character. I'm assuming folks are going gaga for Taylor's book.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 09-24-2021 at 10:10 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    So, if he wanted didn't want to reboot the Legion, why not just let Jon have his own new original characters be placed in the 32nd century instead making things more a mess?

Has Bendis ever talked about this decision? I don't see the rational behind it. It just showed me no one at DC had no idea what to do with the character. I'm assuming folks are going gaga for Taylor's book.
    Bendis is a smart enough about corporate politics that he knows not to speak out of turn about stuff that went down behind the scenes.

I also believe that Diane Nelson instituted a policy of having everyone sign NDAs in order to not have a repeat of the various fiascos that were erupting behind the scenes during the New 52 relaunch.

Then I suppose we will know about all this mess soem years after Bendis leaves DC, which I wish to be soon as possible.
    In the meanwhile, it is clear if the JL vsLoSH is going to be a mini or an arc in the Justice League title?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Then I suppose we will know about all this mess soem years after Bendis leaves DC, which I wish to be soon as possible.
    In the meanwhile, it is clear if the JL vsLoSH is going to be a mini or an arc in the Justice League title?
    Probably an arc in the JL book.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So "Everything happened" really means "Well, almost but not EVERYTHING happened, and we're being vague as to what actually happened"?
    Not being vague at all. You will just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Probably an arc in the JL book.
    I don't know how to react or consider that possibility. On one one hand I want to see a book of the Legion, at least to see them being published as an independent book. On the other hand, I really dislike what Bendis has done and really don't want to see a Legion book wrote by him. If this JL vs LoSH is an arc on the Justice League book, it would be the worst of both worlds. I really wish it could be an independent miniseries, than at least could acknowledge the validity of the Legion as its own franchise.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 09-23-2021 at 03:51 PM.