View Poll Results: Will Bendis restore Clark's past with the classic LSH?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

3 7.14%
  • No.

25 59.52%
  • Not sure.

6 14.29%
  • They'll do it later, but not yet.

8 19.05%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I don't know how to react or consider that possibility. On one one hand I want to see a book of the Legion, at least to see them being published as an independent book. On the other hand, I really dislike what Bendis has done and really don't want to see a Legion book wrote by him. If this JL vs LoSH is an arc on the Justice League book, it would be the worst of both worlds. I really wish it could be an independent miniseries, than at least could acknowledge the validity of the Legion as its own franchise.
    JL gets more eyes than the Legion book does. Honestly I’m not sure if the Legion can sustain itself on its own anymore. They’ve gone through so many reboots, there’s no outside media project to bring in new fans in the works, and the current reboot isn’t all that popular. I say let Bendis play with it as he will, and maybe once he hands it off to someone else they’ll be able to make it more to your liking.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Not being vague at all. You will just have to wait and see.
    But then again, some of us are tired of waiting / tired of all the stuff DC isn't getting around to.

It's as if DC doesn't care about some long-time readers and would prefer to sacrifice us in the hope of finding new blood to replace us.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    JL gets more eyes than the Legion book does. Honestly I’m not sure if the Legion can sustain itself on its own anymore. They’ve gone through so many reboots, there’s no outside media project to bring in new fans in the works, and the current reboot isn’t all that popular.
    One idea I have for how to relaunch the Legion is to not do a Legion series.

Do a science fiction limited series set in the farflung future (date unknown). Get a great writer/artist to do this bang-up sci-fi story. And only in the last issue, show someone from the Legion (although on a re-read there might be Easter eggs in the series).

Like in M. Night's SPLIT [recently saw OLD--a terrible movie--but SPLIT is great] the ending would create an extra buzz. Then they could do a follow-up series, still sticking to this new science fiction story, but bringing in more ties to the Legion.

This way it would accessible to everyone, since it wouldn't be about the Legion per se. And it wouldn't be a reboot, either.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Bendis is a smart enough about corporate politics that he knows not to speak out of turn about stuff that went down behind the scenes.

I also believe that Diane Nelson instituted a policy of having everyone sign NDAs in order to not have a repeat of the various fiascos that were erupting behind the scenes during the New 52 relaunch.
    This could also explain why there's been no New52 documentary.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    This could also explain why there's been no New52 documentary.
    Going to be interesting to see them cover the New 52 in the upcoming documentary.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

JL gets more eyes than the Legion book does. Honestly I’m not sure if the Legion can sustain itself on its own anymore.
    I must agree with you on that. It hurts to admit it, but I feel the same.

They’ve gone through so many reboots, there’s no outside media project to bring in new fans in the works, and the current reboot isn’t all that popular. I say let Bendis play with it as he will, and maybe once he hands it off to someone else they’ll be able to make it more to your liking.
    Bendis can go with his version wherehever he wants. Maybe put it in the same place as Rob Liefeld's Omegas. I really want this era erased and forgoten. I never wanted something like this before, even during the new52.
    I could read vindicative ideas about what to do with the Legion.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    One idea I have for how to relaunch the Legion is to not do a Legion series.

Do a science fiction limited series set in the farflung future (date unknown). Get a great writer/artist to do this bang-up sci-fi story. And only in the last issue, show someone from the Legion (although on a re-read there might be Easter eggs in the series).
    I am not sure how that could work. Creating expectative maybe, but, not sure.

Like in M. Night's SPLIT [recently saw OLD--a terrible movie--but SPLIT is great] the ending would create an extra buzz. Then they could do a follow-up series, still sticking to this new science fiction story, but bringing in more ties to the Legion.

This way it would accessible to everyone, since it wouldn't be about the Legion per se. And it wouldn't be a reboot, either.
    Still not sure. And neither have I seen any of those movies.

You know what I would do?

I would set an event with three or four different mini series or OGN set in different eras ans then saw which one caused more impact or sell more: one book set on the Levitz era, One book set on Post zero hour era, one book set on 5YL era on book set on threeboot era.

That or ONG, and then create the hanging plot of everything being connected.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Someone asked me what I’d do with the Legion on my blog, and honestly I think any comic revival is doomed to fail with an outside media push to go with it. Give them a cartoon or live action show to make people care, and then maybe a Legion comic can succeed. Hope their usage in YJ S4 gets people interested in them again.

Someone asked me what I’d do with the Legion on my blog, and honestly I think any comic revival is doomed to fail with an outside media push to go with it. Give them a cartoon or live action show to make people care, and then maybe a Legion comic can succeed.
    And how Guardians of the Galaxy? They became a hot title before became a hot movie.

Hope their usage in YJ S4 gets people interested in them again.
    Sorry, what? I didn't know about this.

Guardians didn't have 10 failed reboots and there was simple distinction made between new team and original one. Does someone want Legion book that has adventures "now" instead of 31th century? Or a book that focuses on character that traditionally had nothing to do with the Legion?

And how Guardians of the Galaxy? They became a hot title before became a hot movie.
    Because they were part of an event, and their book still got cancelled with DnA having to wrap up plot threads in Thanos Imperative iirc. They only got another book once Marvel started putting the movie into preproduction.

Sorry, what? I didn't know about this.
    Saturn Girl cameo’d at the end of S3 and they’ll be in S4 of YJ.

Because they were part of an event, and their book still got cancelled with DnA having to wrap up plot threads in Thanos Imperative iirc. They only got another book once Marvel started putting the movie into preproduction.

Saturn Girl cameo’d at the end of S3 and they’ll be in S4 of YJ.
    I had miss YJS3. Now I have another motive to see it.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I had miss YJS3. Now I have another motive to see it.
    Don't get your expectations too high. It's around the same level of quality as season two, which was a steep stepdown in quality from the first, which was good, but I thought took itself a tad too seriously.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Going to be interesting to see them cover the New 52 in the upcoming documentary.
    I fully expect some talking about how dark it took the DC Universe. Keep up the narrative that many fans has who hates it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Don't get your expectations too high. It's around the same level of quality as season two, which was a steep stepdown in quality from the first, which was good, but I thought took itself a tad too seriously.
    S3 just collapsed under Weisman’s inability to reign it in. Too many characters not enough story. The Darkseid plotline continuing to get dragged out (Darkseid showing up at the end of S2 was great because it was before we got absolutely over saturated with him). Worried about S4 since while he claims it will have a smaller cast, he’s bringing in the Legion on top of the characters he already has.