View Poll Results: Will Bendis restore Clark's past with the classic LSH?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

3 7.14%
  • No.

25 59.52%
  • Not sure.

6 14.29%
  • They'll do it later, but not yet.

8 19.05%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    S3 just collapsed under Weisman’s inability to reign it in. Too many characters not enough story. The Darkseid plotline continuing to get dragged out (Darkseid showing up at the end of S2 was great because it was before we got absolutely over saturated with him). Worried about S4 since while he claims it will have a smaller cast, he’s bringing in the Legion on top of the characters he already has.
    The show never really recovered from that phenomenally unnecessary time jump between season one and two.

Astonishing Member

Season 2 was better than Season 1 for Jaimie alone.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Going to be interesting to see them cover the New 52 in the upcoming documentary.
    Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    I fully expect some talking about how dark it took the DC Universe. Keep up the narrative that many fans has who hates it.
    And yet, it's not as if Rebirth suddenly made the DC universe any brighter, shinier or happier.

Hell, in some ways it got even more desperate and gloomier.
    Batman Who Laughs, Death Metal, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The show never really recovered from that phenomenally unnecessary time jump between season one and two.
    Yeah that was bizarre. You spend all this time building up the core team in S1, only to completely undermine all that with a time jump where the characters all change significantly off screen between seasons. The problem is Weisman doesn’t want to do a YJ show, he wants to do a show about the entire DCU. Should give him a JL spin-off so he can better balance the two.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yeah that was bizarre. You spend all this time building up the core team in S1, only to completely undermine all that with a time jump where the characters all change significantly off screen between seasons. The problem is Weisman doesn’t want to do a YJ show, he wants to do a show about the entire DCU. Should give him a JL spin-off so he can better balance the two.
    Yeah, it's very clear that Weisman's eyes are bigger than his stomach and that keeps getting him into trouble. The show is just good enough to keep watching for hardcore DC fans, but I honestly don't know what casual fans are getting out of it.

Yeah, it's very clear that Weisman's eyes are bigger than his stomach and that keeps getting him into trouble. The show is just good enough to keep watching for hardcore DC fans, but I honestly don't know what casual fans are getting out of it.
    Shipping of course!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I disagree. It made for much better story telling. People get too attached to characters and that is the main reason some people didn't like season 2. All they wanted was to see the originals more. I loved the season 2 changes. It made it feel more like a comic with characters coming and going. I loved the new characters like Blue Beetle, Impulse, Wonder Girl, Robin, and the rest. The main reason I disliked the first part of season 3 so much was it felt like a complete step back focusing more on the original members while also introducing us to the new characters. They brought in all these new members of the team like Spoiler and Arrowette and did nothing with them so we could see more of Miss Martian, Nightwing, and Superboy.

Honestly season 4 should start with the team voting out Nightwing and the rest for lying to them yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I disagree. It made for much better story telling. People get too attached to characters and that is the main reason some people didn't like season 2. All they wanted was to see the originals more. I loved the season 2 changes. It made it feel more like a comic with characters coming and going. I loved the new characters like Blue Beetle, Impulse, Wonder Girl, Robin, and the rest. The main reason I disliked the first part of season 3 so much was it felt like a complete step back focusing more on the original members while also introducing us to the new characters. They brought in all these new members of the team like Spoiler and Arrowette and did nothing with them so we could see more of Miss Martian, Nightwing, and Superboy.

Honestly season 4 should start with the team voting out Nightwing and the rest for lying to them yet again.
    Part of the appeal of serialized TV is getting attached to characters and wanting to follow them across multiple seasons, so I can't blame viewers for being disappointed when the cast was reshuffled in the second season.

My issue with the 5 year time jump was that is didn't seem to serve any real narrative purpose.

Shipping of course!
    Casuals aren't shippers for the most part.

Don't get your expectations too high. It's around the same level of quality as season two, which was a steep stepdown in quality from the first, which was good, but I thought took itself a tad too seriously.
    I disagree. I think it balanced humor and seriousness just fine. As for the timeskips, I feel the issues have often been overstated.

Anyway, weren't we talking about the Legion of Superheroes?
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-28-2021 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I disagree. I think it balanced humor and seriousness just fine. As for the timeskips, I feel the issues have often been overstated.

The "funny" episodes were painful to watch for me. Humor is just not Weisman's strong suit.

But your mileage may vary.

As for the Legion, I'm not expecting much. However, it'd be nice if they got an episode or two. They certainly fit the niche of the show.

Personally I find Weisman’s dumb meme words like “aster” and “mode” to be annoying. Tumblr and Twitter love them though so what do I know? Must admit that I like how much love he shows Vandal Savage as a character however.
    Casuals aren't shippers for the most part.
    I was joking lol, although I wouldn’t underestimate shipping in terms of what kept the fanbase alive between S2 and S3

The "funny" episodes were painful to watch for me. Humor is just not Weisman's strong suit.

But your mileage may vary.

As for the Legion, I'm not expecting much. However, it'd be nice if they got an episode or two. They certainly fit the niche of the show.
    I guess his humor kind of ranges from dry to overly goofy at times, although his Spider-Man was hilarious.

Suppouslly, that is the idea of this thread.
    But with such little Legion output and from the worst possible, what else we can do but talk of tangential animated shows?
    I really would be scared to see an announcement about the Legion right now. Specially knowing if Bendis is wandering around. The guy has wrote the characters lifeless, and unfortunately, it seems he is a very charming person. I would not be surprised to see the Bendis version of the legion making an animated debut. And for that, I prefer to pass.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Suppouslly, that is the idea of this thread.
    But with such little Legion output and from the worst possible, what else we can do but talk of tangential animated shows?
    I really would be scared to see an announcement about the Legion right now. Specially knowing if Bendis is wandering around. The guy has wrote the characters lifeless, and unfortunately, it seems he is a very charming person. I would not be surprised to see the Bendis version of the legion making an animated debut. And for that, I prefer to pass.
    I tried to get into the Legion of Super-Heroes cartoon from the 2000s. It's heart was in the right place, but it just didn't click with either me or my younger students whereas Justice League Action and the second incarnation of DC Super Hero Girls went over like gangbusters.