View Poll Results: Will Bendis restore Clark's past with the classic LSH?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

3 7.14%
  • No.

25 59.52%
  • Not sure.

6 14.29%
  • They'll do it later, but not yet.

8 19.05%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I tried to get into the Legion of Super-Heroes cartoon from the 2000s. It's heart was in the right place, but it just didn't click with either me or my younger students whereas Justice League Action and the second incarnation of DC Super Hero Girls went over like gangbusters.
    I was the opposite. The Legion show was my jam as a kid along with the Batman cartoon. Gave Action a try but just didn’t connect.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I was the opposite. The Legion show was my jam as a kid along with the Batman cartoon. Gave Action a try but just didn’t connect.
    Yeah, Batman Brave & Bold is one of the all-time great DC cartoons.

Will Bendis restore Superman's history with the Legion? No. Will it happen eventually? I think so.

The Legion show was my jam as a kid along with The Batman cartoon. Gave Action a try but just didn’t connect.
    Those two shows were my fave as a kid too. Legion and The Batman were fantastic. To this day, I still wish LoSH had gotten more seasons, and I was legitimately delighted when the cast got back together for that script-reading last year at Fandome.

I actually also love Justice League Action, though. I love how casually hypercompetent Superman gets in certain episodes, and the whole thing is just very fun.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

It would had been really nice to have the season 3 with the return of the more humanized Brainiac 5.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Yeah, Batman Brave & Bold is one of the all-time great DC cartoons.
    Lol I liked that but I was talking about this:

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Lol I liked that but I was talking about this:

Robanker recommended the World's Finest episodes, and on the strength of that I checked out their Robin origin, which is much stronger than the version from BTAS, which seemed to actively hate that Robin even existed.

Any other episodes you'd recommend? Their takes on certain villains seemed...unique, and not necessarily in a good way.

Robanker recommended the World's Finest episodes, and on the strength of that I checked out their Robin origin, which is much stronger than the version from BTAS, which seemed to actively hate that Robin even existed.

Any other episodes you'd recommend? Their takes on certain villains seemed...unique, and not necessarily in a good way.
    I...never got that impression.

The Batman definitely had a lot of unique takes. Artifacts is pretty good as a DKR tribute.

I liked the Poison Ivy episodes. It’s hard to grade it “objectively” though because as a kid I just loved every episode. Take the Clayface character change, I thought that was a terrifying change. But the best “episode” is the Batman vs. Dracula movie imo.

I liked the Poison Ivy episodes. It’s hard to grade it “objectively” though because as a kid I just loved every episode. Take the Clayface character change, I thought that was a terrifying change. But the best “episode” is the Batman vs. Dracula movie imo.
    Yeah, like as a kid it was just "Oh hey, a new Batman cartoon! Cool!" and it was like at the height of Toonami so all the anime-esque designs and everybody being martial artists just kind of hit that sweet spot .

But yeah, I think usually people peg the most memorable part of The Batman being the movie with Dracula.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, like as a kid it was just "Oh hey, a new Batman cartoon! Cool!" and it was like at the height of Toonami so all the anime-esque designs and everybody being martial artists just kind of hit that sweet spot .

But yeah, I think usually people peg the most memorable part of The Batman being the movie with Dracula.
    Bringing it back to the Legion, I just enjoyed every episode although I thought the S2 finale was some of the best animated DC stuff I had seen. Brainiac 5’s fall was built up really well and Burton is still the definitive Brainiac for me.

Bringing it back to the Legion, I just enjoyed every episode although I thought the S2 finale was some of the best animated DC stuff I had seen. Brainiac 5’s fall was built up really well and Burton is still the definitive Brainiac for me.
    Yeah, I never expected Brainiac to show up and basically hijack the Big Bad role, but it worked surprisingly well .

Bendis is too much full of himself to go back.

We will have to wait a few more years before we can have the real Legion

Quote Originally Posted by joebleau View Post
    Bendis is too much full of himself to go back.

We will have to wait a few more years before we can have the real Legion
    Which one is the real one ?

Even putting aside how the reboots have divided people, the obsession with diversity in the modern era means that I suspect the old Legions are never coming back. Too white and homogeneous.

Even putting aside how the reboots have divided people, the obsession with diversity in the modern era means that I suspect the old Legions are never coming back. Too white and homogeneous.
    Or at the very least they'll merge everything around.

The one where Clark Kent had aventures with when he was boy. That is the foundational myth.

Or you could create more members and replace the line-up with new characters. There it is said than it difficult to vreate new characters, but it is more easy to do in team books, where new characters had to play along with known favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or at the very least they'll merge everything around.
    But I like the idea of merge things, but with everything keeping its identity. To see Gears, Computo, Catspawn, XS, Kid Quantum, Tyroc, Invisible Man interacting is a thing I would like to see.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin