Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default DC Comics December 2021 Solicitations

Last edited by Hypo; 09-17-2021 at 08:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Looks like DC is continuing their practice of including the next month's books in the solicits since this has some Jan 2022 books in there...not a fan of that practice.

Reminder, some titles are delayed by Covid so Wondergirl #7 is the December issue. Probably some other stuff as well but I’m mainly focused on Yara.

Already on my pull
    Superman: son of kal-el
    I am Batman
    Wondergirl
    Green Lantern
    Aquaman: the becoming
    Crush & Lobo
    Robin
    Justice Incarnate
    Swamp Thing
    Teen Titans Academy

Might try
    Batgirls
    Shadows of the bat event in January
    Williamson’s Batman
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Final count for this month: 29 books with a Bat-character, 27 without.

I may criticize DC for their Bat-reliance, but I will give credit where credit is due: Really happy to see Batgirls. If they feel the need to lean so heavily on the Bat-brand, I'm glad they're using it to create books like that.

Also I'll buy anything Mark Russell puts his pen to, but since One-Star Squadron is a mini-series and his stuff reads better together, I'll probably wait on the trade with it.

Getting:

Batgirls #1
    Batgirls #2
    Green Arrow: Stranded
    Blue & Gold #5
    Nightwing #87
    Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow #6
    Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow #7
    Superman: Son of Kal-El #6
    The Flash #777
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

There was a "Nubia and the Amazons" mini series starting in November, but December doesn't have an issue 2. Was the first issue delayed to December?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    There was a "Nubia and the Amazons" mini series starting in November, but December doesn't have an issue 2. Was the first issue delayed to December?
    It's actually starting in October. November's solicits had both issue #2 (out in November) and issue #3 (out in December) in it.

Fantastic Member

Still no Justice Society of America (or Stargirl)? It's official: Someone at DC has a MAJOR problem with comicdom's first super-team. The company that brought me back to the fold with the long-ago promises of Rebirth are now slowly edging me out again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    It's actually starting in October. November's solicits had both issue #2 (out in November) and issue #3 (out in December) in it.
    Oh yeah Nevermind, I confused it with Wonder Woman Evolution. Thanks

Alright so Batwoman who laughs....I’m not even sure what to think of this honestly. I mean is this supposed to be Batman who laughs cousin or is it just a gender bent earth-11 Dark Multiverse? I’ll say this I doubt she gets anywhere as crazy as Batman who laughs and his whole Dr. Bathattan thing.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Wonder Woman #782
    Superman '78 #5
    Superman '78 #6
    Superman vs. Lobo #3

Maybe:
    Wonder Woman: Evolution #2
    Justice League #71 (for the WW/JLD backup).

Getting most of the bat stuff because that's all that really matters

There are some pretty cool stuff in there.
    I think I'd be pretty happy if DC gave us proper LOSH, JSA and adult Titans book. The solos I read (like WW, Robin and Flash) are actually all pretty good right now.
    I may even have to give Batgirls a try

Extraordinary Member
    Last edited by Hypo; 09-17-2021 at 08:07 PM.

Astonishing Member

Batgirls is naturally the one I'm excited about, although I must say Williamson's Batman and Mariko's Detective opening up are more interesting conceptually to me than the last year or two of Batstuff. Big sells for me are all this Tim Seeley goodness; stop letting him play in the fringes and give him a big boy book, man! But I'll definitely be reading Superman vs. Lobo, King Shark, and Robins. Nightwing art premise sound awesome - you can actually I think sense the excitement from the office and editorial about Redondo going off with an art/form concept. Lemire's Robin & Batman looks really cool, too - although I'm immediately suspicious of Killer Croc being in Dick's Silver Age tales.

There's a lot of weird little books filling in the margins the next couple months ... Task Force Z, Vampires, Azrael vs. C-List Arkhamites, Neo-Arkham Tower thing, a lot of case-by-case basis concepts frankly. I'm curious about a lot of next months Wonder Woman stuff, for instance and really want it to be good.

So a whole lot of wait-and-see I guess, but a couple things I want to check out.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Extraordinary Member

A better organized list for December here
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...r_some_reason/