Default Nine Perfect Strangers on Hulu

Anyone else watching it? It's a weird show with some potential sci-fi/fantasy overtones and a great cast, including Nicole Kidman, Melissa McCarthy and Michael Shannon.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I am, love it! The beginning was a little slow, but by episode 3 I was hooked.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

No Larry.
    No Balki.

disappointed, but will give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    No Larry.
    No Balki.

disappointed, but will give it a shot.
    Same, although they could've at least brought in Carl Winslow.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I watched it this week. I thought it was really good. Tense, mysterious, with a good balance between the serious stories and the light ones.

spoilers:
    Napoleon annoyed the **** out me at first but by the end of episode three, he became more tolerable. Frances and Tony provided a good break from the death/suicide stuff.

I wish they’d fleshed out Lars and Carmel a little more. They had simplistic motivations and no real depth to their stories. They mainly existed to give depth to Masha. The Carmel twist was surprising but didn’t really mean much. It’s tough to see why Ben would even be selected. He could’ve been left out and nothing would change.

The ending was happier than I expected. Everyone getting what exactly they wanted was not where I thought it was heading.
    end of spoilers

All in all, worth the time. I watched 1-3 in one sitting, 4-6 in another then 7-8 for the final viewing. That worked well for me, felt like natural breaks.

Hulu is doing really well right now. I’m watching it more than Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I watched it this week. I thought it was really good. Tense, mysterious, with a good balance between the serious stories and the light ones.

spoilers:
    Napoleon annoyed the **** out me at first but by the end of episode three, he became more tolerable. Frances and Tony provided a good break from the death/suicide stuff.

I wish they’d fleshed out Lars and Carmel a little more. They had simplistic motivations and no real depth to their stories. They mainly existed to give depth to Masha. The Carmel twist was surprising but didn’t really mean much. It’s tough to see why Ben would even be selected. He could’ve been left out and nothing would change.

The ending was happier than I expected. Everyone getting what exactly they wanted was not where I thought it was heading.
    end of spoilers

All in all, worth the time. I watched 1-3 in one sitting, 4-6 in another then 7-8 for the final viewing. That worked well for me, felt like natural breaks.

Hulu is doing really well right now. I’m watching it more than Netflix.
    I felt like Kidman's character needed more of a comeuppance than she got but I think that was the point.