Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Xavier has not been a more powerful telepath than Jean since the 1990's. A long, long time ago...
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you can't ignore the extra surrounding as that all plays to his strength and his subsequent weakening.

I think your points are valid about Jean talking to Dylan so I stand corrected there. however in issue three it was stated Dylan was the key to freeing the heroes and defeating knull. it was he who hurt knull, he who freed the heroes, and both of these actions further weakened him allowing Jean to do what she did. he was not fully powered by the heroes from whom he siphoned additional power:

this is when he was first weakened resulting in the heroes being freed. note he screams in pain,:

after being freed storm and Thor attacked he falls and his body even begins to come a part:

it was only then Jean attacked him. if she could have done tp blasted him with ease as some have implied she would have done it from the start before the other heroes became involved after being released from knull.
    I definitely am not saying Jean was the thing that beat Knull or to ignore it. I’m just sayin’ you can’t accurately measure how much power Knull had left. Like I said, we can say Jean couldn’t easily do what she did if Knull was at full power, but in the end, there is no real quantifiable way to say how weakened Knull was. For all we know, Knull could have been beaten to near-death and still have enough power to destroy an entire continent. We just don’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Your interpretation goes against what the very definition of what a person being a conduit is AND against what the art shows. if Jean was not channeling her power thru Trinary or directly thru x23/Gabby, then we wouldnt see her pink energy signature shooting out of Cerebro at the same time.

The very issue with telepathy is any sort of use of it is a violation of ethics. Whether you mind wipe someone so they forget or project an illusuon so they dont see what you want them to see, the implications are the same. The telepath violated a person’s mind and free will. Even casually reading someone’s mind which Jean has done.

And you refuse to accept that Jean has shown before she will take over people’s minds/will if need be. And it’s not always the only solution. See Frenzy. She had plenty of other options. And in your examples, it doesn’t matter that she hesitated or apologized or whatever, she still did what had to be done.
    No, it doesn’t. The power is still flowing through Gabby as the main source, but Jean still has to be there to set up the link. I’m literally stating what is explained in comic. You are arguing the semantics of what qualifies as a conduit and pointing at the art display as if Jean’s telepathy were doing something other than what Jean says in-comic what she is gonna do. Either bring evidence pf Jean stating she doing literally anything else with her telepathy aside regulating the exposure and linking minds or just let it go. Either way, you fussing over the applications of a conduit and pointing to art of psychic power flowing from Searebro is not getting you by for this. Give actual evidence of Jean stating she is doing something else, not your guesswork.

I don’t care what you think the ethics of telepathy are. At the end of the day, there is a big difference from using a psychic maneuver that briefly stops a person from hurting themselves or other people and a psychic maneuver that fundamentally changes their very being or takes advantage of inner insecurities, fears, and weaknesses. We aren’t talking about light maneuvers where the person regains their person and still go on with the same ideals unharmed. No, we are talking about Jean looking into everything that makes a person them and either changing that fundamentally or using the weaknesses for her benefit. Your examples do not work because they do not produce the same effect.

Jean did not have other options. Nor did you name any other options because you don’t know what other options Jean could have taken. You are not taking the circumstances Jean is in when she approached Frenzy. You are basically just looking at one moment at face value without considering what would happen if Jean were not to go down that path, blindly saying she could have done something else without realizing the consequence of such.

The “if need be” is what you are not getting. “If need be” insinuates when Jean has no other choice, not she will do whatever she wants so long as it’s for a good cause. Jean apologizing and hesitating is exactly showing this in action because she doesn’t do it in every single situation. If Jean really did think what she was doing was right, there would be no moments like these. She would not hesitate to fulfill Hulk’s request. She would not stop herself from entering Xavier’s mind. She would not apologize and just say she is gonna keep tabs on Thunderbird’s powers. You are ignoring clear characterization shown straight from the page and pointing to an example out-of-context. Even if you were correct about the context of Frenzy, that would still be one moment in the midst of many counterexamples, displaying it as the outlier, not the rule. So, in the end, it is not me refusing to acknowledge something Jean has done. It’s you who is refusing to acknowledge canon.

We already know Jean and Quire are the most powerful telepaths. But let’s be honest almost every telepath is powerful and extremely dangerous by the nature of their abilities.

Jean changing Warren’s mind. (Yes, this is canon.)

Jean is able to match Doctor Doom’s blasts. He admits that her psychic powers are “very impressive.” “The strongest I’ve ever come across.” From All-New X-Men #36 (2015):

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    It’s Jean Grey. She surpassed Xavier, considered the best telepath in the past. It was confirmed in her new trading card. She used to have a 6 in Mental Powers, now she has a 7.

Attachment 113883
    Ohh are these physical cards or just digital things?

The moment Jean “unlocked a new level of [her] power,” allowing her to “take in all the psionic energy around [her],” aka psychic siphoning or psychic energy absorption. The Cuckoos…well, they cuckoo. From All-New X-Men #29 (2014):

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    Ohh are these physical cards or just digital things?
    It’s a variant cover for an issue of X-Men But not as cards, maybe in the future if they decide to do more.

This was juicy.

That time Jean resurrected herself without the Phoenix Force… After being turned into a Poison, Jean fights back, telepathically shuts down the entire hive (only Carnage and Agent Anti-Venom could harm them), and telekinetically reconstructs her body out of thin air. From Venomized #5 (2018):

Last edited by Mercury; 09-25-2021 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    As always, you provide such astute observations and interpretations. She really was clinically precise in that scene. She tempered herself appropriately. She also went on to save Emma's life, issues later. She was so transcendent and above it all.

Thank you love ❤...I wish I could engage more frequently with you and others in the thread, but for some reason CBR and my home wifi don't play nice together (tells me my IP address is blocked) and my cellular is not the best in my apartment which makes it a pain to engage, especially when I want to upload and post several pics at a time, so sometimes I don't bother *sad face*

But anyway, man I love that scene you posted, and I'm so glad Phil Jimenez got to draw that arc as opposed to....some other artists during the NXM era.

Also Jean, as always, is a much better person than I am...I would have taken extreme artistic liberties in fusing her back together

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    I definitely am not saying Jean was the thing that beat Knull or to ignore it. I’m just sayin’ you can’t accurately measure how much power Knull had left. Like I said, we can say Jean couldn’t easily do what she did if Knull was at full power, but in the end, there is no real quantifiable way to say how weakened Knull was. For all we know, Knull could have been beaten to near-death and still have enough power to destroy an entire continent. We just don’t know.
    you're right you can't measure it but I think it can be agreed knull wasn't at full power and had been debilitated to a point in which she was able to do what she did.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

I think it's Jean of course.

With that said, I see Emma/Xavier being able to best her simply because they take more "freedoms" whereas Jean usually tries her best to avoid crossing certain lines.

Jean Elaine Grey-Summers.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/