Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The omega mutants are the strongest and the most powerful by the nature of their power no other telepath can ever surpass them regardless of how many times they train or how hard. Now if we talk skill that is a different ball game as currently the most skilled telepath is jean even surpassing her mentor xavier.... Quentin is barley in the top 10 when it comes to skill with Emma xavier and jean being the most skilled in the world and probably the universe.
    But as it is a question on whom is the strongest it is jean and Quentin because they are Omega telepaths end of story!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I don’t think there’s a huge difference of raw power between Xavier, Emma and Jean.
    But, in the same way you had the same professionnal training as another person and still, you don’t have the same skills, I think the difference is in the experience, astuteness and personality…

This fascination for raw power, as this question comes back again and again, means probably something…
    There is a HUGE gap in raw power between jean and xavier/Emma. Jean has nigh unlimited power in telepathy her power is literally immeasurable where as xavier and Emma peaked a long time ago. They are at the top because the have raw power and very high skill. But all in all their raw power can never surpass that of miss jean grey and Quentin quire. Not even with a billion cerebro helmets all at maximum power. Because ultimately we could measure that power whereas Jean's power can't be measured in any reasonable logical fashion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    There is a HUGE gap in raw power between jean and xavier/Emma. Jean has nigh unlimited power in telepathy her power is literally immeasurable where as xavier and Emma peaked a long time ago. They are at the top because the have raw power and very high skill. But all in all their raw power can never surpass that of miss jean grey and Quentin quire. Not even with a billion cerebro helmets all at maximum power. Because ultimately we could measure that power whereas Jean's power can't be measured in any reasonable logical fashion.

And on that note, I am reminded of this scene...

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post

And on that note, I am reminded of this scene...

****, I was just reading that last night and almost posted it! Such an amazing moment.

The following are pages of a story from X-Men Unlimited #31. It is a rare instance in which Jean and Rogue spend time together and bond over their powers. Frankly, it is a chilling and truly disturbing story. (Here it is in full if anyone is interested: (https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...09684207017985).

In either case, Jean shares with Rogue that she has to “maintain a telepathic cocoon” to shield herself from “the chaos of the millions of minds around [her]," and to protect those minds from "the psychokinetic devastation that power could unleash." She later telepathically mindwipes hundreds, maybe even thousands, of people. (You really need to read the story to understand why Rogue has a breakdown in the middle of New York City in broad daylight.)

Last edited by Mercury; 09-26-2021 at 09:01 AM.

Mindwiping:

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Extremely powerful, yet highly overrated. Her claim to fame comes from her mind-controlling a planet of around 92 million people (far less than the Earth’s population). It’s a great feat, but what they neglect to tell you is that she had to divide her attention on different things and the mind-control was subtle pushes, not full on control of the mind. That being said, the fact that she did conquer an entire planet is extremely impressive. I’m not saying it to say Moondragon is bad, but most people rate her above Jean and Xavier based on this feat alone without considering all the context, so I’m giving all the angles. Great feat, but with heavy context.

She has other feats, but that is her most notable one and the one every single Moondragon fan will site.

Then there was an alternate counterpart that permanently came to the 616. She is a far better telepath than the 616 Moondragon, beating her in psychic battle, despite the 616 version getting the first shot.

These two ended up merging, so now we have an all-around more powerful Moondragon composed of both the original and alternate version. This one won her psychic fight against the Greek God, Hermes, by catching off-guard and trapping him in Groot’s mind. (Cause apparently the god could not cross the language barrier of Groot? Eh.

Point being, Moondragon is definitely one of the better psychics. Not the absolute best, but she is up there.
    Idk have you been reading Guardians lately? Moonie’s been doing some insane things like Intergalactic communication unaided very easily. In the Ironman solo, she also helped Hellcat break psychic barriers from a huge distance (although it she said it would take the guardians too long to get there to help, so that gives an idea of the distance atleast). Considering Jean was heavily straining from contacting 6 other very powerful telepaths from sun to Earth, who were likely doing their own part in communication, Heathers feat would probably be above here.

Young Jean drains the psychic energy of the Supreme Intelligence, a being composed of 10 billion minds, and uses it to create a psi-blast that takes out the Kree Accusers. From Guardians of the Galaxy #25 (2015):

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicHobo View Post
    Idk have you been reading Guardians lately? Moonie’s been doing some insane things like Intergalactic communication unaided very easily. In the Ironman solo, she also helped Hellcat break psychic barriers from a huge distance (although it she said it would take the guardians too long to get there to help, so that gives an idea of the distance atleast). Considering Jean was heavily straining from contacting 6 other very powerful telepaths from sun to Earth, who were likely doing their own part in communication, Heathers feat would probably be above here.
    If I remember correctly, Jean struggled because she was wounded and in the middle of battle. In either case, Hickman later wrote her creating a psi-link between every mutant on Earth, i.e., millions of mutants, including some from the SWORD Station near Mars. (FYI: Mars' distance from Earth ranges from approximately 34 million miles to 250 million miles, though, on average, they are approximately 140 million miles apart. On average, Earth orbits the Sun from a distance of approximately 93 million miles.)

In essence, she creates a hive mind in which all of the mutants can converse with her and one another, which, if you think of it, also requires some telepathic compartmentalization.

Spectacular Member

Yea for sure I’m not arguing that what Jean can do isn’t impressive, I was just saying the distance moon dragon is capable of unaided is pretty ridiculous. In just the recent run alone she’s messed w doom, cast an illusion on gods, beat a god (although w some help, and read the mind of some pseudo celestial type being. Also for that Jean sun feat, was she injured? I haven’t read the issue in a while but I don’t remember if she engaged in direct combat that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Extremely powerful, yet highly overrated. Her claim to fame comes from her mind-controlling a planet of around 92 million people (far less than the Earth’s population). It’s a great feat, but what they neglect to tell you is that she had to divide her attention on different things and the mind-control was subtle pushes, not full on control of the mind. That being said, the fact that she did conquer an entire planet is extremely impressive. I’m not saying it to say Moondragon is bad, but most people rate her above Jean and Xavier based on this feat alone without considering all the context, so I’m giving all the angles. Great feat, but with heavy context.

She has other feats, but that is her most notable one and the one every single Moondragon fan will site.

Then there was an alternate counterpart that permanently came to the 616. She is a far better telepath than the 616 Moondragon, beating her in psychic battle, despite the 616 version getting the first shot.

These two ended up merging, so now we have an all-around more powerful Moondragon composed of both the original and alternate version. This one won her psychic fight against the Greek God, Hermes, by catching off-guard and trapping him in Groot’s mind. (Cause apparently the god could not cross the language barrier of Groot? Eh.

Point being, Moondragon is definitely one of the better psychics. Not the absolute best, but she is up there.
    Thanks for enlightening me, I was always fascinated by her, although I don't read much about her, but I always saw people saying that she would be among the top 5 Marvel telepaths.

Intergalactic communication is just range, not power. It becomes a power feat when she starts affecting minds within that range, rather than being a communicator. Not to mention it’s very common to telepath’s weaker than Moondragon.

She didn’t really help Hellcat though. She gave Hellcat the tools to break the barriers by unlocking her psychic abilities and teaching her. Saying that Moondragon did that would be the equivalent of a teacher taking credit for the student getting an ‘A’. Even if Moondragon theoretically could do it, it still does not mean they can take credit for someone else’s success.

You compare it to Jean struggling to communicate while neglecting to mention the fact that Jean was injured at the time, which means she would be projecting while in pain. Not only that, but telepath’s less powerful than Jean have projected much further than the feats you are referencing. Thus, I make my case that range is not that impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Thanks for enlightening me, I was always fascinated by her, although I don't read much about her, but I always saw people saying that she would be among the top 5 Marvel telepaths.
    The consensus for her has mostly been based on range. I can agree she’s be top 15 at least (not counting god-tiers), but she would have heavy competition with Jean, Charles Xavier, Emma Frost, Rachel Summers, Shadow King, Cassandra Nova, Xemnu, and so on.

BANNED

Yea for sure I’m not arguing that what Jean can do isn’t impressive, I was just saying the distance moon dragon is capable of unaided is pretty ridiculous. In just the recent run alone she’s messed w doom, cast an illusion on gods, beat a god (although w some help, and read the mind of some pseudo celestial type being. Also for that Jean sun feat, was she injured? I haven’t read the issue in a while but I don’t remember if she engaged in direct combat that issue.
    I don't know that being injured makes psionics less powerful anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Xandra has very few appearances, I remember that in the Mr and Mrs X comic she adopted her current look because she wanted to look like her parents (her natural appearance looks like a being of light, similar to Proteus). I think it’s telepathic illusions or some kind of telepathic work? (if someone can confirm), she does not seem to be a shapeshifter like Meggan for example.
    Xandra did get called an "Omega-level weapon" though... and her powers are telepathy based... soooo large potential little training?