Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 399
  1. #181
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    9,245

    Default

    Xavier reached his potential decades ago.

    Jean is the top Telepath.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  2. #182
    Incredible Member Subliminally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    568

    Default

    Random - How strong is Xavier's daughter, Xandra?
    You there, The Monstrous One. We Are Not Amused!

  3. #183
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    2,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Thank you love ❤...I wish I could engage more frequently with you and others in the thread, but for some reason CBR and my home wifi don't play nice together (tells me my IP address is blocked) and my cellular is not the best in my apartment which makes it a pain to engage, especially when I want to upload and post several pics at a time, so sometimes I don't bother *sad face*

    But anyway, man I love that scene you posted, and I'm so glad Phil Jimenez got to draw that arc as opposed to....some other artists during the NXM era.

    Also Jean, as always, is a much better person than I am...I would have taken extreme artistic liberties in fusing her back together
    You're very welcome! I wish you could engage more frequently too. Hopefully, you will get your wifi issue sorted out. You may want to look into subscribing to a VPN.

    That scene is amazing, and Jimenez's art is sublime. He captured her beautifully. (Don't even get me started on some of the artists from that era.

    And yes, she's a better person than me too. I would have obliterated that bitch's mind the moment I found out.

  4. #184
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    2,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I still feel Quentin probably has the edge on Jean if not why is he even on the list.
    He's on the list because he has an undefinable upper limit of telepathy, just like Jean. However, Jean has already proven she is more skilled and more powerful than he is, both before and during Hickman's run, including while he was bonded to the Phoenix Force.



    The way Jean not only acquiesced to Quentin's request to train him to be stronger (X-Force #19 [2021]) but later also managed to absorb "the schematics" that gave him a "headache" to download and implanted them in Jamie's mind with such ease (Planet Size X-Men #1 [2021]) always gives me a reverberating thrill. Those instances are so delicious.




  5. #185
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    2,230

    Default



    He defends her, too:


  6. #186
    Fantastic Member Stormy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    419

    Default

    How powerful is the Moondragon?


  7. #187
    Fantastic Member PyroFN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    He's on the list because he has an undefinable upper limit of telepathy, just like Jean. However, Jean has already proven she is more skilled and more powerful than he is, both before and during Hickman's run, including while he was bonded to the Phoenix Force.



    The way Jean not only acquiesced to Quentin's request to train him to be stronger (X-Force #19 [2021]) but later also managed to absorb "the schematics" that gave him a "headache" to download and implanted them in Jamie's mind with such ease (Planet Size X-Men #1 [2021]) always gives me a reverberating thrill. Those instances are so delicious.



    I don’t think Xorn exists anymore. Thus, all the experiences Xorn went through can’t be contributed to our Jean. Same goes for Phoenix Quentin.

  8. #188
    Fantastic Member PyroFN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    How powerful is the Moondragon?
    Extremely powerful, yet highly overrated. Her claim to fame comes from her mind-controlling a planet of around 92 million people (far less than the Earth’s population). It’s a great feat, but what they neglect to tell you is that she had to divide her attention on different things and the mind-control was subtle pushes, not full on control of the mind. That being said, the fact that she did conquer an entire planet is extremely impressive. I’m not saying it to say Moondragon is bad, but most people rate her above Jean and Xavier based on this feat alone without considering all the context, so I’m giving all the angles. Great feat, but with heavy context.



    She has other feats, but that is her most notable one and the one every single Moondragon fan will site.

    Then there was an alternate counterpart that permanently came to the 616. She is a far better telepath than the 616 Moondragon, beating her in psychic battle, despite the 616 version getting the first shot.



    These two ended up merging, so now we have an all-around more powerful Moondragon composed of both the original and alternate version. This one won her psychic fight against the Greek God, Hermes, by catching off-guard and trapping him in Groot’s mind. (Cause apparently the god could not cross the language barrier of Groot? Eh.



    Point being, Moondragon is definitely one of the better psychics. Not the absolute best, but she is up there.
    Last edited by PyroFN; 09-25-2021 at 10:56 PM.

  9. #189
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    2,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    I don’t think Xorn exists anymore. Thus, all the experiences Xorn went through can’t be contributed to our Jean. Same goes for Phoenix Quentin.
    Chile, bye!

  10. #190
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    2,230

    Default

    We’re about to start getting down and dirty with feats up in this bitch.

    Jean, weakened due to recently being released from the Brood, takes over their hive mind and puts all of them to sleep.






  11. #191
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    2,238

    Default

    He defends her, too:

    [/QUOTE]

    The second panel has reminded me of something interesting , that I initially missed.We know K.O is referring to Pale Girl, but what's strange is when Wolverine killed Jean by presuming she was one of his past hallucinations (precisely as a result of mental or telepathic manipulation by Pale Girl) how is it that Jean(or KO) who was there right next to Wolverine 1. Couldn't sense Pale Girl or her influence? and 2.Could not telepathically negate Pale girl's control over Wolverine before he struck his deadly blow/stab? We don't know how Pale girl's powers work exactly but recently Mikhail said she has a hammer in her head..soviet euphemism I guess for her mental or telepathic prowess. So I just wonder how did Jean the more experienced telepath miss this?.. any ideas?
    Last edited by Rev9; 09-26-2021 at 05:00 AM.

  12. #192
    Mighty Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    The second panel has reminded me of something interesting , that I initially missed.We know K.O is referring to Pale Girl, but what's strange is when Wolverine killed Jean by presuming she was one of his past hallucinations (precisely as a result of mental or telepathic manipulation by Pale Girl) how is it that Jean who was there right next to Wolverine 1. Couldn't sense Pale Girl or her influence? and 2.Could not telepathically negate Pale girl's control over Wolverine before he struck his deadly blow/stab? We don't know how Pale girl's powers work exactly but recently Mikhail said she has a hammer in her head..soviet euphemism I guess for her mental or telepathic prowess. So I just wonder how did Jean miss this?.. any ideas?
    Simply because the writer wanted it to happen, I'm afraid.

    Forget about the fact that there were not 1, but 2 Omega-level telepaths there. It is actually worse: how does Logan kill any super-powered person with a tk ability that is strong enough to lift him? Yeah. There were 2 of those there as well.


  13. #193
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    2,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Simply because the writer wanted it to happen, I'm afraid.

    Forget about the fact that there were not 1, but 2 Omega-level telepaths there. It is actually worse: how does Logan kill any super-powered person with a tk ability that is strong enough to lift him? Yeah. There were 2 of those there as well.

    Damn plot contrivance! Well said GSoul, other than that reason ,because both KO and Jean were at the scene and are Omegas I am at a loss for an explanation.

  14. #194
    Mighty Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Damn plot contrivance! Well said GSoul, other than that reason ,because both KO and Jean were at the scene and are Omegas I am at a loss for an explanation.
    There is no logical explanation, really.

    It's the opposite of plot armour. :P

  15. #195
    Fantastic Member Starchilde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Chile, South America
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Random - How strong is Xavier's daughter, Xandra?
    Xandra has very few appearances, I remember that in the Mr and Mrs X comic she adopted her current look because she wanted to look like her parents (her natural appearance looks like a being of light, similar to Proteus). I think itís telepathic illusions or some kind of telepathic work? (if someone can confirm), she does not seem to be a shapeshifter like Meggan for example.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •