Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    ...The panel specifically centers on Emma’s face before the lightning strike, Jean’s energy signature is NOT present in the next image...
    I will concede and agree that Jean's power signature is not in the image. But that's because, as I noted in my previous post, I don't believe Ororo's defenses were aimed at either of them as much as at the tree, which was stripped bare. First, Emma's power signature is nowhere to be found when the lightning actually strikes the tree. (The blue and purple streaks running through the white light are gaps in the lightning revealing parts of the tree and sky.) Had she effectively shielded herself and Jean, it would have been depicted by something a bit more evocative than a third-eye spark.

Second, the next page shows an outline of Ororo's visage looming above and staring down at them. It's almost as if she tested them to see what they would do before unlocking a door (the tree?) and letting them further inside.

And yes, enough with the back and forth about this.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    The clear point of Dauterman’s choices were to highlight both woman’s strength. Jean is big bombastic displays to signify her being the Omega, whereas Emma is refined crown energy signature, displaying her precision.

Actually, no, as Dauterman's quote clearly states, "In a few spots, I have Emma's power signature taking the vague shape of a crown as a nod to her personality." He says nothing about it representing her telepathic "precision."

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I just can't buy that Jean is mentally more powerful than Emma...
    But she is more powerful than Emma, both according to canon and by virtue of the fact that she has never chosen to abuse people, including children, of her own volition. Abusive, predatory people are by nature weak individuals.

...when she chooses to walk around in that hideous outfit...
    Since these are fictional characters and all, it's clear Hickman chose to put her back in that costume and has yet to adequately explain why except for vaguely referencing her death in the Dark Phoenix Saga, which, based on canon, wasn't even her. I mean, I get the connection, but it isn't consistent with how she had been developed leading up to and right before his run. Perhaps he will delve into this during Inferno...

In either case, even in that hideous dress, she is beloved - they even released an action figure of it, lol - so, no harm, no foul. She has survived much worse as a fictional character.
    Last edited by Mercury; 09-27-2021 at 08:25 PM.

Didn't Emma call Jean the most gifted psychic she ever encountered? If that's not high praise from someone like Emma I don't know what is.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

The 60s green dress is the editorial choice for Jean now. Marvel chose to do that for some reason, the majority of the fans don't like it or think it's ugly, and some fans do like the dress, and it's fine, it's personal opinions at the end of the day. But, please, stop reducing women to their clothes. Women can wear ugly clothes (or nice clothes, or be naked or whatever) and, wow, also be powerful or intelligent, because CLOTHES AND ABILITIES ARE NOT RELATED TO EACH OTHER.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    The 60s green dress is the editorial choice for Jean now. Marvel chose to do that for some reason, the majority of the fans don't like it or think it's ugly, and some fans do like the dress, and it's fine, it's personal opinions at the end of the day. But, please, stop reducing women to their clothes. Women can wear ugly clothes (or nice clothes, or be naked or whatever) and, wow, also be powerful or intelligent, because CLOTHES AND ABILITIES ARE NOT RELATED TO EACH OTHER.
    Yes the are *points to unstable molecules which clothe the entirety MU heroes*

Ignore me I'm just trying to bring some levity into this.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I will concede and agree that Jean's power signature is not in the image. But that's because, as I noted in my previous post, I don't believe Ororo's defenses were aimed at either of them as much as at the tree, which was stripped bare. First, Emma's power signature is nowhere to be found when the lightning actually strikes the tree. (The blue and purple streaks running through the white light are gaps in the lightning revealing parts of the tree and sky.) Had she effectively shielded herself and Jean, it would have been depicted by something a bit more evocative than a third-eye spark.

Second, the next page shows an outline of Ororo's visage looming above and staring down at them. It's almost as if she tested them to see what they would do before unlocking a door (the tree?) and letting them further inside.

And yes, enough with the back and forth about this.

Actually, no, as Dauterman's quote clearly states, "In a few spots, I have Emma's power signature taking the vague shape of a crown as a nod to her personality." He says nothing about it representing her telepathic "precision."

But she is more powerful than Emma, both according to canon and by virtue of the fact that she has never chosen to abuse people, including children, of her own volition. Abusive, predatory people are by nature weak individuals.

Since these are fictional characters and all, it's clear Hickman chose to put her back in that costume and has yet to adequately explain why except for vaguely referencing her death in the Dark Phoenix Saga, which, based on canon, wasn't even her. I mean, I get the connection, but it isn't consistent with how she had been developed leading up to and right before his run. Perhaps he will delve into this during Inferno...

In either case, even in that hideous dress, she is beloved - they even released an action figure of it, lol - so, no harm, no foul. She has survived much worse as a fictional character.
    I read that scene completely differently. I thought it was Storm who saved them with the lightning bolt which is why they were both looking up at her which showed she had some awareness of what was going on in her mind.

That said i can now see where Emma is pulling the bark of the tree over them to protect them from it though it could also be read as she thought the lightning would take her out since the snake did but it did thus her face and jeans one of sympathy and one of more "you cutting it close, girl"
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-27-2021 at 08:48 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    All very true.

It is ironic that for many years, fans wanted the iconic green mini-dress as an action figure or as a choice in a video game. Now, (some) fans do not want to see it. Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I read that scene completely differently. I thought it was Storm who saved them with the lightning bolt which is why they were both looking up at her which showed she had some awareness of what was going on in her mind.
    This actually makes so much fucking sense! You just made me have one of those hair-raising moments when something you've read or seen multiple times before suddenly clicks. It totally fits with the imagery.

EDIT: I don't think Storm was saving them as much as letting them in, though. If not, what was she saving them from?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    This actually makes so much fucking sense! You just made me have one of those hair-raising moments when something you've read or seen multiple times before suddenly clicks. It totally fits with the imagery.

EDIT: I don't think Storm was saving them as much as letting them in, though. If not, what was she saving them from?
    She was probably trying to smack Jean for bringing Emma into her head and saving her from her 1st line of mental defense.

Jk.

She should have just kept her Gala look like Storm did.

This look was power! Functionality is already a nonfactor with the skirt so why not.

She should have just kept her Gala look like Storm did.

This look was power! Functionality is already a nonfactor with the skirt so why not.
    I will say, given the amount of hip Jean is usually portrayed with no amount of tk will stop them cheeks from being visible with the skirt on unless she lifting them cheeks too.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Those shards are a easy weapon too, especially in the hands of a high order tk user like Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Yes the are *points to unstable molecules which clothe the entirety MU heroes*

Ignore me I'm just trying to bring some levity into this.
    hahah don't worry at all!

Well, that reminded me of that time my girl Rae flexed her teke by changing the molecules of her clothes <3
    rachel2.jpg

She was probably trying to smack Jean for bringing Emma into her head and saving her from her 1st line of mental defense.

Jk.
    ������������ 'Ro was like, "How dare you bring this predatory creature into my sanctuary..."

She should have just kept her Gala look like Storm did. This look was power! Functionality is already a nonfactor with the skirt so why not.
    The powers that be chose not to let her keep it, even though Dauterman made it clear he created these designs, especially Jean's, to be slightly modified for use as permanent costumes later. Careful to be neutral and diplomatic, nevertheless, artists like Dauterman, Werneck, and Larraz have expressed in their own ways that they lean towards Jean having a better costume, not to mention the fans who have vehemently voice their displeasure. Unless the X-Offices are trolling, methinks there's a reason for keeping her in the 60's garb beyond what has been implied or revealed.

This is why I feel Hickman may have something up his sleeve regarding Jean during Inferno. I mean, the original Inferno didn't seem like it would have much to do with her, but she ended up playing a central role in the last third or fourth of the arc. I have a feeling Hickman has something similar planned for her with his version. The fact that Madelyne is returning only makes me think this more. I suppose it could be just wishful thinking, but I just have a hunch that he's going to explain some of his choices for her during Inferno.

Jean being laid out in Mark Brooks' promotional for the event also makes me think she'll have a central role, especially after Brooks tweeted:

I should note that every character appears here for a reason and everyone's actions and positions is on purpose. Nothing is haphazard and every character has a motivation or reaction.
    We'll see.
    Last edited by Mercury; 09-27-2021 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I will say, given the amount of hip Jean is usually portrayed with no amount of tk will stop them cheeks from being visible with the skirt on unless she lifting them cheeks too.
    omfg. 😂🤣😂🤣!

Didn't Emma call Jean the most gifted psychic she ever encountered? If that's not high praise from someone like Emma I don't know what is.
    I found it Dark Reign: The Cabal.