Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    You posted two scans where someone can come and add context to your poss. Especially the one from UXM 281

Emma also saved Jean in the Giant Sized issue. We just don't talk about it much.
    And the scan you added clarifies what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    And the scan you added clarifies what exactly?
    Emma saved Jean from one of Storms psychic defenses. Also post the scan prior to the one you posted from UXM 281. Where the psychic static from Emma is affecting Jean to give full context.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 09-27-2021 at 03:59 PM.

Emma saved Jean from one of Storms psychic defenses.
    Talk about posting pages for context...

I hate to break it to you, but that flash of light in the panel from Giant-Size X-Men is not coming from Emma but from Storm. And I see a lot of pink and not so much ice blue on that page... Here is the page preceding and following the page you posted:

Also post the scan prior to the one you posted from UXM 281. Where the psychic static from Emma is affecting Jean to give full context.
    This is a fair point, though apparently Jean wasn't as "vulnerable" as Emma assumed...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    How powerful is the Moondragon?

The problem I have with Moondragon's power is that she achieved her psi level from outside enhancements (4 to my knowledge) and not practices.

IIRC, she got her first enhancement from the Dragon of the Moon, then she got another power up from the Beyonder, then got another power up from the Mind Gem (which also increased her TK abilities) and now she gained the mental powers of her alternate self.

What's funny, even with all those power up she is still considered around Professor X's level by many.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 09-27-2021 at 04:14 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Talk about posting pages for context...

I hate to break it to you, but that flash of light in the panel from Giant-Size X-Men is not coming from Emma but from Storm. And I see a lot of pink and not so much ice blue on that page... Here is the page preceding and following the page you posted:

This is a fair point, though apparently Jean wasn't as "vulnerable" as Emma assumed...
    Um thats what I said. The flash of lightning came from Storm and Emma saw it and protected them. Look at the blue power signature from Emmas forehead in the scan I posted. Emma reacts to Storms attack to protect them both.

Dauterman may not have given the scene 3 pages as he is a Jean fan but its there
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 09-27-2021 at 04:13 PM.

Um thats what I said. The flash of lightning came from Storm and Emma saw it and protected them. Look at the blue power signature from Emmas forehead in the scan I posted. Emma reacts to Storms attack to protect them both.

Dauterman may not have given the scene 3 pages as he is a Jean fan but its there
    Hmm... The pages still don't indicate that she saved Jean, especially since Jean's power signature pretty much encompasses both her and Emma in the page you posted. However, Emma was helping, I suppose.

Hmm... The pages still don't indicate that she saved Jean, especially since Jean's power signature pretty much encompasses both her and Emma in the page you posted. However, Emma was helping, I suppose.
    No Jeans power signature is very distinct shown in the scans you posted. An illuminated red theres no power signature here. In fact Emma catches the attack hence the panel with her looking up

The red you're seeing is the sky which is also seen in the scans you posted.

The power signatures have a distinct colour around their heads when they use them

Theres no power signature here

No Jeans power signature is very distinct shown in the scans you posted. An illuminated red theres no power signature here. In fact Emma catches the attack hence the panel with her looking up

The red you're seeing is the sky which is also seen in the scans you posted.

The power signatures have a distinct colour around their heads when they use them

Theres no power signature here
    Jean's pink is all around them. It's obviously not the sky, which is purple/violet at that level.

Also, the number of pages dedicated to either Jean or Emma was dictated by Hickman, who wrote the issue. Dauterman only drew what he was assigned to draw.

Jean's pink is all around them. It's obviously not the sky, which is purple/violet at that level.

Also, the number of pages dedicated to either Jean or Emma was dictated by Hickman, who wrote the issue. Dauterman only drew what he was assigned to draw.
    No if you read the interview Dauterman was given very little guidelines to draw the issue.

Dauterman: [Laughs] Well, the issue was done Marvel Style, so there wasn’t a full script. Jonathan sent an outline that broke the issue down into sections – some of which were very detailed and others which were more open-ended. I’d never done a full issue like that before.
    https://comicsnewsboom.com/2020/02/2...frost-team-up/

When Jean uses her powers in the issue she has this signature just like Emma has blue around her head. The pink and blue hue is from the sky there.

Dauterman: I rely a lot on Emma and Jean’s power signatures. I’ve always liked seeing that little flare of energy when a psychic uses their powers. Emma and Jean have had different colors for their powers over the years, but I wanted each of them to have a distinct color for this – I think it helps show what’s happening and who’s doing what
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 09-27-2021 at 04:50 PM.

I’m not a master fisherman but I know bait when I see it

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Yeah Emma over Mini Skirt any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Madelyne thought the Annie Richardson incident was her own memory but Sinister tells her it's Jean and the event catalyzed Jean's telepathy...he then ponders if certain memories can be so potent and primal as to be encoded genetically, and thus passed on to Maddie as a clone. But even still, they are spotty, and vague...not enough to recall Danger Room Year 3 final exam TK gauntlet, or Jean's telepathy training prior to Xavier faking his death etc...so can't really say Maddie actually has Jean's training or experience
    Well, if you can come up with Madelyne being a capable telepath, I’m all ears. I ain’t saying it’s canon, but it’s the best explanation we could have regarding her knowing telepathic skills and being capable enough to fight Sage, who in her own right is so skilled that she backhands untrained telepaths as if she were shoo-ing flies.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Yeah Emma over Mini Skirt any day.
    Going from a 70’s miniskirt to a glorified diaper is hardly something to brag about
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Well, if you can come up with Madelyne being a capable telepath, I’m all ears. I ain’t saying it’s canon, but it’s the best explanation we could have regarding her knowing telepathic skills and being capable enough to fight Sage, who in her own right is so skilled that she backhands untrained telepaths as if she were shoo-ing flies.

Different writers have different rules I guess. Brian Wood shows Madelyne beating Rachel. I can't imagine much thought went into the scene.

While Claremont is all about skill trumping power.

Whatever rules they build up they break, like Marvel magic or time travel or godhood and faith

Anyway I imagine a telepath with an annoying personality or with a great sense of humour could break even a high class telepaths comcentration. Imagine a hearing a loud shart mid telepathic battle

Or even someone sending unflattering mental images like Gambits psychic defense that involves a naked blob
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 09-27-2021 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    The problem I have with Moondragon's power is that she achieved her psi level from outside enhancements (4 to my knowledge) and not practices.

IIRC, she got her first enhancement from the Dragon of the Moon, then she got another power up from the Beyonder, then got another power up from the Mind Gem (which also increased her TK abilities) and now she gained the mental powers of her alternate self.

What's funny, even with all those power up she is still considered around Professor X's level by many.
    That is somewhat true and not true. She was already the most well-trained individual on Titan, surpassing even her teachers. It was how she conquered the Dragon of the Moon to begin with. That being said, it did give her somewhat of a permanent boost afterwards, so that is why I say you are not entirely wrong. Her next permanent boost will be from after her merging with her alternate self.

I don’t believe she kept the Beyonder power-up, since she died and it was attached to a ring she wore. She died by incineration and got a new body, so based on that, she would lose the power-up from Beyonder.

The Mind Gem was barely even an amp. Moondragon absolutely sucked when using the Mind Gem. She at best gained some minor tk and wide-scale telepathic scanning. There are some notable ones, but those are easily overshadowed by the many times Moondragon had slipped up with the Mind Gem, like when she came up against psi-shielding from multiple characters or when she straight up lost a battle against a lesser telepath while still having the Mind Gem. The power-up went away with the Mind Gem, seemingly, since she never replicates anything on the same level of any of her good Mind Gem feats.

So, yeah, Professor X level is way overrating her power levels, at least in my eyes.