Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Jean is able to match Doctor Doom’s blasts. He admits that her psychic powers are “very impressive.” “The strongest I’ve ever come across.” From All-New X-Men #36 (2015):

Oh the Ultimate Universe, how I miss you.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Mighty Member

Is jean the most powerful mutant telekinetic? i ask that here instead of creating a "Who is the most powerful mutant telekinetic?" thread.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Is jean the most powerful mutant telekinetic? i ask that here instead of creating a "Who is the most powerful mutant telekinetic?" thread.
    Nope, she is not the strongest TK either. That is Exodus.

I don’t think there’s a huge difference of raw power between Xavier, Emma and Jean.
    But, in the same way you had the same professionnal training as another person and still, you don’t have the same skills, I think the difference is in the experience, astuteness and personality…

This fascination for raw power, as this question comes back again and again, means probably something…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

No, Exodus is the most powerful telekinetic

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I don’t think there’s a huge difference of raw power between Xavier, Emma and Jean.
    But, in the same way you had the same professionnal training as another person and still, you don’t have the same skills, I think the difference is in the experience, astuteness and personality…

This fascination for raw power, as this question comes back again and again, means probably something…
    There is a difference in raw power, that’s why omega mutants are a thing. They have immeasurable raw power and potential. There are scans of Teen Jean on the previous page. She wasn’t the most skilful but she had so much raw power, she could brute force anything.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Because Emma not only did not look like she was straining,

but that entire fight, she was simultaneously talking to Scott. It was he who suggested the kids come in and save the day, not her. She straight up didn’t want them involved, but he insisted on it.

Add in her having all-around better feats and there is just no way in hell Exodus would be winning against Emma. He puts up a good fight, but he isn’t winning by any stretch.
    I don't see Exodus straining in those panels , he is being scoured by Dust. Let's be real here Exodus has ALWAYS been depicted as a villain and that is why we get those panels it's artistic license and plot armour that skews towards Emma being presumed the stronger telepath.

Exodus after reviving Xavier and telepathically battling him(which caused Emma to feel a nasty telepathic shockwave induced headache while Exodus didn't break a sweat ) zapped Magneto pretty bad as he was trying to sneak up on him. So talking to Scott is no big deal in comparison. Besides Emma has worked in concert with the Stepfords, has used Cerebro to accentuate her feats. Exodus doesn't need that.
    Last edited by Rev9; 09-25-2021 at 02:10 AM.

I would say she is second only to Exodus. Keep in mind, she can augment her telekinesis with both her telepathy and by absorbing the psychic energy around her. She discovered the latter during her time travels and, while it hasn't been put to use during Hickman's era, it has been established as a permanent part of her repertoire of psychic abilities per Jordan D. White.

In fact, everything that time-displaced teenage Jean did can be attributed to current Jean, since they have been confirmed to be one and the same, i.e., teenage Jean was not from an alternate timeline or universe. The differences between them being that teenage Jean was playing with and discovering the extent of her powers away from Xavier, who had placed psychic blocks on her to mute her telepathy, and had never bonded with the Phoenix Force.

Jean was also able to telekinetically reconstruct her body from thing air after it was destroyed by the Poisons.

Not many people caught this moment in Cable #12, but while Esme helps Jean keep Stryfe’s powers “in check,” it is Jean who both telekinetically removes his helmet and, after Esme says “finish it,” telepathically snatches his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I don't see Exodus straining in those panels , he is being scoured by Dust. Let's be real here Exodus has ALWAYS been depicted as a villain and that is why we get those panels it's artistic license and plot armour that skews towards Emma being presumed the stronger telepath.

Exodus after reviving Xavier and telepathically battling him(which caused Emma to feel a nasty telepathic shockwave induced headache while Exodus didn't break a sweat ) zapped Magneto pretty bad as he was trying to sneak up on him. So talking to Scott is no big deal in comparison. Besides Emma has worked in concert with the Stepfords, has used Cerebro to accentuate her feats. Exodus doesn't need that.
    I didn’t say Exodus was straining. I said Emma was not straining and was multitasking, implying her focus was divided and she could have fought harder. And you can’t use plot as a reasoning when Exodus has had multiple wins in his history of him being a superior telepath over most, including 90’s Jean before her power-up, Sersi, Thena, and so on.

Xavier just got out of surgery. Even if he was primed to battle, there is no way Xavier was in top form when he battled Exodus….a battle which Exodus lost. Emma has straight blocked a fully revovered-Xavier and has trapped Xavier in full completion to the point where the man could not escape. Exodus does not compare by feats.

Emma Frost working with the Cuckoo’s is not something working against her, especially since you cannot site one feat Emma has done with the Cuckoos that Exodus has done. So, mentioning the Cuckoo’s or any amp Emma has used is a moot point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    I didn’t say Exodus was straining. I said Emma was not straining and was multitasking, implying her focus was divided and she could have fought harder. And you can’t use plot as a reasoning when Exodus has had multiple wins in his history of him being a superior telepath over most, including 90’s Jean before her power-up, Sersi, Thena, and so on.

Xavier just got out of surgery. Even if he was primed to battle, there is no way Xavier was in top form when he battled Exodus….a battle which Exodus lost. Emma has straight blocked a fully revovered-Xavier and has trapped Xavier in full completion to the point where the man could not escape. Exodus does not compare by feats.

Emma Frost working with the Cuckoo’s is not something working against her, especially since you cannot site one feat Emma has done with the Cuckoos that Exodus has done. So, mentioning the Cuckoo’s or any amp Emma has used is a moot point.
    You say plot doesn't matter yet in the very story of Exodus fighting Xavier, Exodus was himself a plot device, sure use Exodus to restore Xavier's brain, reconstitute his memories and in a weakened state best Exodus and then disparage him by calling him a fool for asking Xavier to lead the Acolytes..If that isn't plot contrivance ,I don't know what is.

It just is what it is Exodus is portrayed as a villain ,in comic books that's enough to know no matter how powerful a telepath he is, it won't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    You say plot doesn't matter yet in the very story of Exodus fighting Xavier, Exodus was himself a plot device, sure use Exodus to restore Xavier's brain, reconstitute his memories and in a weakened state best Exodus and then disparage him by calling him a fool for asking Xavier to lead the Acolytes..If that isn't plot contrivance ,I don't know what is.

It just is what it is Exodus is portrayed as a villain ,in comic books that's enough to know no matter how powerful a telepath he is, it won't matter.
    You really are twisting what I say.

I didn’t say plot doesn’t matter. I said you can’t use plot contrivance where “the villain always loses to the hero” as an excuse when Exodus has won in the past and was that entire era being classified as one of the five most powerful telepaths on the planet. Exodus concentrating his entire focus on Emma is accurate to what would happen in a fight with these two because Emma all-around is a better telepath than he.

Xavier lost his memories, not his knowledge. Exodus’ main plot of battling Xavier was trying to use Xavier’s guilt against him, which did not work cause of Xavier’s amnesia. To me, this fight highlights the difference in combat experience. Exodus has not had his powers for a long time. He was a psi of the highest order since the beginning, yet his history is him gaining his powers for the first time, then being put into a comatose state until the present day. Exodus is thus not gonna beat the best with the little knowledge he has, especially since his appearance rate comes and goes when it comes to writers using him.

Exodus has won before though and has shown vast superiority to most telepaths on multiple occasions, so plot contrivance is not an excuse you can use.

Edit: Xavier even states as much in Bloodties.

I still feel Quentin probably has the edge on Jean if not why is he even on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I still feel Quentin probably has the edge on Jean if not why is he even on the list.
    That literally goes against Hickman’s definition of Omega. An Omega cannot ever be surpassed theoretically to be dubbed in an Omega. That was the whole point of the Forge and Magneto comparison.

As for why Quentin is included, I have no clue.

[IMG]https://comicnewbies.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/emma-frost-makes-quentin-quire-****-his-pants.jpg[/IMG]

BANNED

For funsies, taking Hickman's definition as it's written, it's just "character's level cap is undefined". So Jean and Quire can both get to some undetermined point. That doesn't necessarily mean that they are on the same level currently. Quire could be higher on that possibly limitless scale. Or for that matter, Xavier could still be more powerful than both of them combined, but he has or will reach a point where the extent of his powers will end, while their powers would theoretically continue to grow beyond that point.

As it's written, all three of them could still be getting more powerful with Xavier being the strongest currently. The rule is only talking about potential.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 09-25-2021 at 06:54 PM.