Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Also that page has been cropped. In the full you can clearly see the elephant Jean created behind them and that is what Emma is reacting to.

Attachment 114149
    I think you're right in the sense that its not the tree bark that she moulded but the elephant that was used as a shield against the lightning. I don't think Storms is helping them there. Her consciousness is in the sky in contrast to Xaviers which was locked below ground. They had to take stairs upwards as opposed to go down the stairs.

The elephant was moulded as a shield cause if you look at the same panel theres the same bright white flash of electricity while Emma is moulding the elephant

The elephants eye is always that colour even when they are flying on it earlier.

If you look as well all of this happens before entering the tree so they are completely exposed so the swirly bits in the background must be the elephant as you can see it distorting
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 09-28-2021 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I find this interesting, but there are many names, which in the end come to nothing, it's as if they were given a title just for deserving it, you know? But showing why they got this title doesn't show, but it's still interesting to see some names in this list.
    At any rate, the rules for who gets to be Sorcerer Supreme are... not clearly defined, but... powerful, skilled magic user with the desire to defend the Earth seem to be all part of it. Being a "good guy" doesn't seem to be required. To me, the main one that stuck out as weird was Storm....when does Storm use magic? Also, not sure how Pixie is considered skilled enough, but whatever.

At any rate, is Selene's telepathy magic? Hmmmm... maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post

No. It has never been stated to be magic. It was one of her mutant powers. Unless that has changed...?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I've always felt like Xavier was the strongest telepath because that's his thing. Bald, crippled guy in a wheelchair with the most powerful mind on the planet. It's why he went prematurely bald, right? Because his power was too much for his scoop bald head to handle. When other telepaths start to bald then maybe I'll consider them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I've always felt like Xavier was the strongest telepath because that's his thing. Bald, crippled guy in a wheelchair with the most powerful mind on the planet. It's why he went prematurely bald, right? Because his power was too much for his scoop bald head to handle. When other telepaths start to bald then maybe I'll consider them.
    The best logic I've seen all thread.

Top marks, my friend.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

At any rate, the rules for who gets to be Sorcerer Supreme are... not clearly defined, but... powerful, skilled magic user with the desire to defend the Earth seem to be all part of it. Being a "good guy" doesn't seem to be required. To me, the main one that stuck out as weird was Storm....when does Storm use magic? Also, not sure how Pixie is considered skilled enough, but whatever.

She doesn't? But the potential is still very much in her blood since her ancestor was Sorcerer Supreme and several others have been powerful magic users. I'd imagine if she ever bothered to learn magic it would come super easy to her.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Fantastic Member

It's Xavier.

No one has come close to matching his feats.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Before I hit the sack, I want to share this: Every once in awhile, another fan’s love for their favorite character warms my heart. This is one of those times. You are a cutie, Stormy. :hug:

Night.
    Thank you, sorry for the misunderstandings we had

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    There's a little flare when they use the powers. The pink hue is just the sky much like the blue hue is just the sky behind Jean when there's no psychic flare around Emma present. Unless you're implying that is Emma using her powers there?

I think it looks like Emma shielded them by manipulating the tree bark and making it into a shelter
    Uh, I can see Emma's energy traces, ​​also explains why it seems more evident in her head(While no trace of Jean's energy is visible, it's a brighter pink), as Emma was treading on hostile terrain she should already prepare for any kind of intervention, even because she is not silly lol.

RCO020_1582731231.jpg

But I think you should go ask Russell, since he's the one who drew it.

Oh, Storm has a rich heritage of powerful sorceresses, one of whom, if I'm not mistaken was the first mortal to become the Ultimate Mage, I'd say the Magic of Ororo doesn't have the form shown in most sorcerers, but still it's still there, just waiting to be explored further.

Ororo has great potential to sorcery, Old Ororo from Limbo was Illyana's mentor and she was quite powerful. Maybe someday a writer would pick interest on developing that side of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Don’t knock the cripple when his bod’ looks the way it does.

Need the upper body strength to move to your chair.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    It's Xavier.

Disagree, but whatevs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Thank you, sorry for the misunderstandings we had
    No thanks needed, although I appreciate that you were receptive to the compliment. And regarding our misunderstandings, I behaved stupidly, too. It was a two-way street. Fortunately, it's never to late to build and rebuild bridges.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    It's Xavier.

This is false

Re: Giant Sized X-men Jean Grey and Emma Frost...

I love that issue. Jean got a lot of great moments but Emma was helpful. She was more helpful here than in the silent New X-men issue. Looking at the scans (I'm not home so I can't look at the physical copy) but is it Emma manipulating the elephant that Jean created from the snake to cover them from the lightening? If so I missed that. I thought Emma was manipulating the tree as a cover. I always read the scene as Emma doing something there. The issue is about them working together. I think most of us can agree the issue focused more on Jean.

Jean and Emma are both powerful telepaths and neither should be underestimated. I grow tired of the fan contests between these two just like I do the ones between Jean and Storm. Jean is the omega between the two but that doesn't take anything away from Emma who is formidable in her own right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Re: Giant Sized X-men Jean Grey and Emma Frost...

I love that issue. Jean got a lot of great moments but Emma was helpful. She was more helpful here than in the silent New X-men issue. Looking at the scans (I'm not home so I can't look at the physical copy) but is it Emma manipulating the elephant that Jean created from the snake to cover them from the lightening? If so I missed that. I thought Emma was manipulating the tree as a cover. I always read the scene as Emma doing something there. The issue is about them working together. I think most of us can agree the issue focused more on Jean.

Jean and Emma are both powerful telepaths and neither should be underestimated. I grow tired of the fan contests between these two just like I do the ones between Jean and Storm. Jean is the omega between the two but that doesn't take anything away from Emma who is formidable in her own right.
    Apparently Emma is also an omega level mutant. Inferno really has changed this debate cause now it can be said that Emma is just as strong as jean whilst being even craftier and more cunning as wolverine #16 just proved.