- a telepath so powerful that he constantly hears the thoughts
    of every being on the planet in his mind. He can manipulate
    the thoughts and perceptions of others, and has suggested
    that he is able to manipulate the entire population of Earth
    simultaneously. Though he has yet to demonstrate this ability,
    he has previously simultaneously manipulated the population of
    an entire town. To a lesser extent, the Gamesmaster can also
    control the actions of other sentient beings, and can mentally
    prohibit super-powered beings from accessing their powers.
    I like how he had to use an old lady to inject Jean with a syringe while her guard was down while grocery shopping...because otherwise Jean would have been able to thwart his plans.

I wasn't too impressed with Gamesmaster...him being in mental contact with every living being on the planet seemed less about raw power and more about that just being the nature of his mutation. Sort of like Lila Cheney, her power of teleportation just happens to function at galactic distances. And his inability to screen out the multitude of thoughts without constant distraction is a huge limitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    I like how he had to use an old lady to inject Jean with a syringe while her guard was down while grocery shopping...because otherwise Jean would have been able to thwart his plans.

I wasn't too impressed with Gamesmaster...him being in mental contact with every living being on the planet seemed less about raw power and more about that just being the nature of his mutation. Sort of like Lila Cheney, her power of teleportation just happens to function at galactic distances. And his inability to screen out the multitude of thoughts without constant distraction is a huge limitation.
    That’s more him being untrained from my perspective. Controlling an entire town is something pointed to be levels of power Emma, Selene, or Shadow King do. Screening out thoughts is basically the first lesson a telepath learns, so it tells me he has had to be self-taught, which has only had marginal success. Not complete.

How are Gamemaster and QQ's powers different? Don't they both think hundreds of thoughts all at once?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    How are Gamemaster and QQ's powers different? Don't they both think hundreds of thoughts all at once?
    QQ has a hundreds of brilliant thoughts in a minute or something like that. Gamemaster is connected to every living mind on the planet and is unable to turn off his telepathy.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 10-06-2021 at 04:02 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    He’s like Nate Grey. No experience. No control. Pretty strong.

You’d think this would put him high, but it doesn’t for me.

To me, it puts him at mid if I want to be nice and “barely a telepath” if I’m being critical.
    Thanks. I assumed it was something like that since his name is hardly ever mentioned when topics about high-tier telepaths are bein discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    QQ has a hundreds of brilliant thoughts in a minute or something like that. Gamemaster is connected to every living mind on the planet and is unable to turn it off his telepathy.
    Yet downloading schematics to the S.W.O.R.D. station gave him a headache. You'd think his brain would be accustomed to things like that.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Thanks. I assumed it was something like that since his name is hardly ever mentioned when topics about high-tier telepaths are bein discussed.

Yet downloading schematics to the S.W.O.R.D. station gave him a headache. You'd think his brain would be accustomed to things like that.
    I still maintain that Quentin's main strength is processing speed and not storage capacity

Basically the origin of the thoughts. Quentin Quire is generating the hundreds of thoughts himself while Gamemaster is just connected to billions of random thoughts because he can’t block them all out or have any motivation to do so anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    I still maintain that Quentin's main strength is processing speed and not storage capacity
    You'll get no argument from me. And tbh I like your logic since it would also explain how he could manage that artifical world he created.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    You'll get no argument from me. And tbh I like your logic since it would also explain how he could manage that artifical world he created.
    Thanks ��...yeah that's the headcanon I've crafted due to wishing Hickman's Omega list had more differentiation between Jean and QQ's telepathy.

A.X.E. Judgement Day is proving and making the case for why the only answer is Jean muthaf--kin Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    A.X.E. Judgement Day is proving and making the case for why the only answer is Jean muthaf--kin Grey
    Yes, it is Jean!

LOL, I called it over a year ago right on the first page of this thread!

All hail Queen Jean the Psionic Supreme!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Yes, it is Jean!

LOL, I called it over a year ago right on the first page of this thread!

All hail Queen Jean the Psionic Supreme!
    While Jean Grey was always near the top, I would say today, Jean is the Top Telepath in Power, skills and execution.

You were right! What we are seeing is that her power and skill level is on a whole different level. She is consistently being recognized by other telepaths in the MU for this. I love that Hickman's classification of her as an Omega telepath is finally being justified in this era bc she wasnt doing anything by acting as a telephone prior

It makes me upset that Quentin shared that omega title with her bc he isnt on her level and i dont really see the potential there for him to match her

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You were right! What we are seeing is that her power and skill level is on a whole different level. She is consistently being recognized by other telepaths in the MU for this. I love that Hickman's classification of her as an Omega telepath is finally being justified in this era bc she wasnt doing anything by acting as a telephone prior

It makes me upset that Quentin shared that omega title with her bc he isnt on her level and i dont really see the potential there for him to match her
    Thanks. I knew Jean had it in her even if we were not seeing it.

Yeah, I never understood why qq was added to the list! TP was the only category that had 2 candidates and qq had to be one of them.

At least I would have felt a little better if Jean was also mentioned as a TK Omega and the only one with 2 Omega powers. But it seems like we have it now anyway.

Thanks. I knew Jean had it in her even if we were not seeing it.

Yeah, I never understood why qq was added to the list! TP was the only category that had 2 candidates and qq had to be one of them.

At least I would have felt a little better if Jean was also mentioned as a TK Omega and the only one with 2 Omega powers. But it seems like we have it now anyway.
    It will happen eventually. There was never an in-story reason why she had to get it taken away in the first place.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    That’s more him being untrained from my perspective. Controlling an entire town is something pointed to be levels of power Emma, Selene, or Shadow King do. Screening out thoughts is basically the first lesson a telepath learns, so it tells me he has had to be self-taught, which has only had marginal success. Not complete.
    And yet, untrained is kind of a cop-out. I like the notion that he's different, not necessarily better. And with the nature of his powers, he's literally in the heads of Jean and Emma and Charles and Exodus and a hundred Eternal telepaths and 'lesser' telepaths like Birdy and Mentallo and Monet, every minute of every day, so he's literally got zero excuse for not knowing *everything that they know* about telepathy.

It's not a lack of knowing what he can do that holds him back.

It's one of three things;
    Lack of ability.
    Lack of motivation.
    Bad writing.