Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Respectfully, ethical leanings do not determine the extent of one's power. Just because one chooses not to incapacitate or kill someone does not mean that one cannot or has not done so before. Jean has been depicted not just telepathically mind-altering and mindwiping but also killing people.

Mind-altering:

Mindwiping:

Killing:

Well it figures that Jean would be the one to give Jamie an idea to literally birth a space station.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Emma has been the front page telepath for a few years, but I don't think any story (at least from the ones I know) has put her on equal footing with Jean. Nate Grey or Cable (especially as Stryfe),Exodus too maybe on the more powerful telepaths out there list but Emma is below them

As to current reality it's Jean and Kid Omega and because I don't think two mutants can be Omega in one domain.I take it telepathy as a field has sub-categories where each has no upper limit(that is my deduction)
    I did literally just say Jean was dead and Xavier was depowered when Emma was declared as such.

Emma Frost is not below Exodus. She easily stalemated him in psychic combat and her feats far exceed his. Stryfe is a disappointment of a psychic that I do not even entertain the idea that he could be anywhere near the top psychic’s.

It's fine and dandy to say "so and so is strongest telepath because they're Omega" and whatnot, but I answer this in my headcanon with actions. At one point Emma Frost (with Cerebro's assistance) mindwiped the entire planet, erasing their knowledge of mutants. That's baller in my book.

At one point AOA Jean Grey burned the Death Seed completely out of Betsy. But nobody seems able or willing to do the same thing for Warren...
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Would it not be ugly ass Kid Omega?

I would pick Nate Grey.

Oh, I never shared my choice (isn't it obvious?):

JEAN GREY

As I see it, the high tier X-Men telepathic list of psychics goes as follows,

1) Jean Grey

2) Onslaught

3) Charles Xavier

4) Cassandra Nova

5) Shadow King

6) Emma Frost

7) Rachel Summers

8) Mister Sinister

9) Exodus

10) Five-In-One Stepford Cuckoos

11) Captain Britain (Betsy)

Nate Grey is not on the list because he is either below everyone in his Pre-Shaman form or he is above everyone in his Shaman and Lifeseed forms. Nate Grey is a very strange case. Legion is the same way with his base and United forms. Phoenix is a class of its own.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post

1) Jean Grey

2) Onslaught

3) Charles Xavier

4) Cassandra Nova

5) Shadow King

6) Emma Frost

7) Rachel Summers

8) Mister Sinister

9) Exodus

Nate Grey is not on the list because he is either below everyone in his Pre-Shaman form or he is above everyone in his Shaman and Lifeseed forms. Nate Grey is a very strange case. Legion is the same way with his base and United forms. Phoenix is a class of its own.
    Nice List! And great note at the bottom! All true as you stated.

To me, I would just rearrange 2 on the list: move #10 (The 5) to #6, and move #6 (Emma) to #8, keeping Rachel at 7.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Xavier, Exodus, Quire. Probably in that order.
    agreed!

10char
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post

1) Jean Grey

2) Onslaught

3) Charles Xavier

4) Cassandra Nova

5) Shadow King

6) Emma Frost

7) Rachel Summers

8) Mister Sinister

9) Exodus

Interesting that you placed Onslaught second. I am interested in hearing your thoughts regarding your choices, especially because you are so informed and always come well-prepared to defend your opinions.

baumblume

jean and nate grey

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Interesting that you placed Onslaught second. I am interested in hearing your thoughts regarding your choices, especially because you are so informed and always come well-prepared to defend your opinions.
    I go back and forth between Xavier and Onslaught. I’m honestly not certain.

Mighty Member

It would be interesting if each telepath was truly gifted at one aspect of telepathy. Like someone is great at reading thoughts and another at creating false impressions. I guess Mastermind comes to mind here. That way it would give each a unique telepathic power subset or area in which they excel. This may already occur to some extent but I don't read all the X-titles.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    It would be interesting if each telepath was truly gifted at one aspect of telepathy. Like someone is great at reading thoughts and another at creating false impressions. I guess Mastermind comes to mind here. That way it would give each a unique telepathic power subset or area in which they excel. This may already occur to some extent but I don't read all the X-titles.
    I like this idea actually. It would cut down on nearly every telepath basically being a copy of the next and being able to fill in at a moments notice. Like how Kid Omega can do his construct thingamajig. His specialty could be illusions of the highest tier?
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Probably Jean but isnt it always Jean? But I am pretty sure Betsy was pushed as more powerful at one point and even Rachel but to stick to the legend it will alwys be Jean by default she was told she surpassed Xavier at one point as well. Jean is 05 so this no doubt will never change.