Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I like this idea actually. It would cut down on nearly every telepath basically being a copy of the next and being able to fill in at a moments notice. Like how Kid Omega can do his construct thingamajig. His specialty could be illusions of the highest tier?
    Exactly. Be creative with it. I was starting to think that all encompassing telepathic powers were becoming to common. Give each a bit of a specialty, then each can have more of a specialized role.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Exactly. Be creative with it. I was starting to think that all encompassing telepathic powers were becoming to common. Give each a bit of a specialty, then each can have more of a specialized role.
    Precisely!

Pretty much the only flaw to this is that as telepaths it's been shown to be easy to share skills amongst themselves. When Xavier was powerless he gave Rachel all his knowledge via her telepathy and Emma shoved telepathic invisibility to Rachel in seconds. I suppose they could lean into the raw power aspect of it though. For example if Emma had to put on Kid Omega's telepathic simulation program she could say she couldn't hold it for long because of..... "reasons".
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    "Omega Class Telepath" was Matt Fraction not remembering the term correctly, if we're bluntly honest.

Emma was only as powerful as Xavier during the Fraction and Whedon runs.
    There's no proof she's less powerful than him now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    It's fine and dandy to say "so and so is strongest telepath because they're Omega" and whatnot, but I answer this in my headcanon with actions. At one point Emma Frost (with Cerebro's assistance) mindwiped the entire planet, erasing their knowledge of mutants. That's baller in my book.

At one point AOA Jean Grey burned the Death Seed completely out of Betsy. But nobody seems able or willing to do the same thing for Warren...
    She had Fabian Cortez boost her powers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    As I see it, the high tier X-Men telepathic list of psychics goes as follows,

1) Jean Grey

2) Onslaught

3) Charles Xavier

4) Cassandra Nova

5) Shadow King

6) Emma Frost

7) Rachel Summers

8) Mister Sinister

9) Exodus

10) Five-In-One Stepford Cuckoos

11) Captain Britain (Betsy)

Nate Grey is not on the list because he is either below everyone in his Pre-Shaman form or he is above everyone in his Shaman and Lifeseed forms. Nate Grey is a very strange case. Legion is the same way with his base and United forms. Phoenix is a class of its own.
    Nice list. I think Exodus is more powerful than Sinister. Some characters could rank hirer if they were skilled enough. I think Psylocke (Kwannon) is as potentially as powerful as Betsy but due to inexperience doesn't rival her yet. Kwannon is just really starting to really learn to use telepathy and telekinesis.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Story wise it’s unlikely that the 2 or 3(with Xavier) strongest telepaths belong to the same faction. So expect new characters to possibly surpass them. Or the boring cliche that the enemies are shielded from tp.

If A character is the strongest we want them to show us that. For that you need suitable challenges. The easy answer is opponents who surpass them or rival them in power.
    Why shouldn't villains or anyone for that matter not shield themselves from Telepaths?

Edit:

I don't see u complaining about Magneto's helmet
    Last edited by Besouro; 09-19-2021 at 12:20 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Nice list. I think Exodus is more powerful than Sinister. Some characters could rank hirer if they were skilled enough. I think Psylocke (Kwannon) is as potentially as powerful as Betsy but due to inexperience doesn't rival her yet. Kwannon is just really starting to really learn to use telepathy and telekinesis.
    While Exodus is neat and all, telepathy is like the frosting on his doughnut of omega telekinesis and his *original* power of nigh-omega teleportation... I'm not sure I'd rate him over other 'also a telepath' characters like Monet, who have telepathy, but it's just a flavorful topping on an already full dish of other stuff. (He got in a telepathic brawl, at the same time as a physical brawl, with the Eternal Sersi, and was pretty evenly matched, and she's the best in the world at transmutation, but telepathy's like, one of the fiddy things Eternals can do, but isn't particularly specialized in, not like Druig, Khorphys or Cybele...)

And Sinister goes way down the list, IMO. There's a top 10, and he's just peering up at it with envious eyes. People like the Gamesmaster rate higher than him, IMO.

(And then there's the non-mutant telepaths. Magicians who train in it, like Doctor Druid and Doctor Strange, or generic Eternals, or alien trained peeps like Mantis, I'd rate also in the 'and they can do telepathy, too' category, and a few who totally specialize in it, like the Eternal Cybele, or Bob, the Uranian (from Agents of Atlas), or the High Evolutionary, might even rank as 'alpha' as someone like Betsy or Emma. But a few of them, like cosmic Elder 'the Contemplator' or Moondragon, are nudging up against the Omegas, IMO.)

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Why shouldn't villains or anyone for that matter not shield themselves from Telepaths?

Edit:

I don't see u complaining about Magneto's helmet
    These points have been made before in the thread so I’ll try to keep it brief.

Both with super speed and telepaths the creators didn’t anticipate what a Pandora’s box they opened. Simply because they are both such versatile powers that operates outside of the conventional fights.

Most fights tend to be that someone is trying to hit the other. Either with fists, ammo, beams, magic and so on. TP is this very long range power that can mass incapitate dozen opponents without even giving them something to dodge.

It just puts every conflict into a different dimension. Why didn’t they just do this or that with TP?

So we have seen many fights where TP becomes this afterthought that is resolved with: “they are shielded”. Usually by tech. Lazily written it becomes this all or nothing fact. They are shielded so TP is off the table. Not that it’s harder to reach them. Burn out the shield for example.

Magneto and Juggernaut have helmets. Visible goals that can be removed. Thus the fight in essence stays the same. If everyone wears tp shielded helmets it becomes boring but with these two opponents removing the helm is part of the problem the team faces. It’s not something that removes tp from the fight. Just a hurdle.

The same with Magneto being hard to get a grip on without the helm. It makes using TP more exciting. Less of a “all or nothing” fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    While Exodus is neat and all, telepathy is like the frosting on his doughnut of omega telekinesis and his *original* power of nigh-omega teleportation... I'm not sure I'd rate him over other 'also a telepath' characters like Monet, who have telepathy, but it's just a flavorful topping on an already full dish of other stuff. (He got in a telepathic brawl, at the same time as a physical brawl, with the Eternal Sersi, and was pretty evenly matched, and she's the best in the world at transmutation, but telepathy's like, one of the fiddy things Eternals can do, but isn't particularly specialized in, not like Druig, Khorphys or Cybele...)

And Sinister goes way down the list, IMO. There's a top 10, and he's just peering up at it with envious eyes. People like the Gamesmaster rate higher than him, IMO.

(And then there's the non-mutant telepaths. Magicians who train in it, like Doctor Druid and Doctor Strange, or generic Eternals, or alien trained peeps like Mantis, I'd rate also in the 'and they can do telepathy, too' category, and a few who totally specialize in it, like the Eternal Cybele, or Bob, the Uranian (from Agents of Atlas), or the High Evolutionary, might even rank as 'alpha' as someone like Betsy or Emma. But a few of them, like cosmic Elder 'the Contemplator' or Moondragon, are nudging up against the Omegas, IMO.)
    Exodus has gotten into telepathic fights with people like Xavier. And well.. didn't suck at it?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So how is it possible both QQ as Jean are Omega? I thought there could only be one of each per soort? Both are telepaths.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Sersi is buy no means a weak telepath. Neither is Exodus. Oh, and Apocalypse is a telepath too. Lots of immortals have standard powers of telepathy and telekinesis. Any powerful magic user can do telepathy such as Agatha Harkness or Wanda Maximoff. During Avengers Assembles we saw Wanda pull the fears out of the Avengers mind and before HoM she senses when Xavier reached out to probe her mind.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So how is it possible both QQ as Jean are Omega? I thought there could only be one of each per soort? Both are telepaths.
    Unknown, but my guess is there are two subsets of telepathy either conscious mind and unconscious mind or direct(using one's own mind to manipulate others) and indirect(using the subject's own mind to manipulate them) I guess we'll get to know in due time why it's so.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    These points have been made before in the thread so I’ll try to keep it brief.

Both with super speed and telepaths the creators didn’t anticipate what a Pandora’s box they opened. Simply because they are both such versatile powers that operates outside of the conventional fights.

Most fights tend to be that someone is trying to hit the other. Either with fists, ammo, beams, magic and so on. TP is this very long range power that can mass incapitate dozen opponents without even giving them something to dodge.

It just puts every conflict into a different dimension. Why didn’t they just do this or that with TP?

So we have seen many fights where TP becomes this afterthought that is resolved with: “they are shielded”. Usually by tech. Lazily written it becomes this all or nothing fact. They are shielded so TP is off the table. Not that it’s harder to reach them. Burn out the shield for example.

Magneto and Juggernaut have helmets. Visible goals that can be removed. Thus the fight in essence stays the same. If everyone wears tp shielded helmets it becomes boring but with these two opponents removing the helm is part of the problem the team faces. It’s not something that removes tp from the fight. Just a hurdle.

The same with Magneto being hard to get a grip on without the helm. It makes using TP more exciting. Less of a “all or nothing” fight.
    Wait are you complianing about telepathy, but then are ok with magic? That’s even more hand waving op.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    No where did it say there can only be one omega. Omega just means no definable upper limit. 2 separate things can have have no limit.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Eh, that’s the common opinion about Exodus, which I could see, but don’t necessarily agree with. I feel Sinister’s performance against Emma and Xavier shows better skill (which I favor more highly than power for telepaths) and maybe even power. I can’t post all the scans, but I speak of these fights,