Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah Benet du Paris may not be the most skilled telepath, so rating him as the #1 "best" is probably a no, but in terms of psionic power? ooh boy.....

Oh and the topic says "strongest" which I choose to interpret as raw power.
    Eh. I can see your logic. It’s not for me though, since skill plays as much, if not a bigger role in psychic battles than raw power. (Unless you’re Uber powerful like Jean or Nate Grey)

Emma Frost (written by Chris Claremont back in the 2000’s era) establishes the rule best.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I need the issue, page and panel numbers stat!
    Lol I believe you were the one who originally posted it. It was the one where Storm cleaned Jean's face with a miniature raincloud. I could be mistaken though!
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I wouldn't say he's number one as he's not a telepath omega ,but his telepathic powers are pretty vast, I remember when he released the someday corp mutants, he mind controlled an entire crowd to fight the X-Men.He zapped Magneto pretty good all the while engaging Xavier in a telepathic battle in the story with the panels above. In that story Exodus was simply a tool used to repair Xavier's brain and help reconstitute his memories and yet disparaged as a fool for asking Xavier to lead the Acolytes.I personally think on the council(since Jean left) he is second to Xavier in terms of telepathy.
    Eh, I would say it’s Emma, then Sinister (if he actually had his powers because for some reason, this era Sinister is useless), and then Exodus. One things for sure, the Council is stacked as hell in power, even after losing Jean and Apocalypse.

I remember this scene from Excalibur. A nice nod to Emma's power standing.

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Probably Jean but isnt it always Jean? But I am pretty sure Betsy was pushed as more powerful at one point and even Rachel but to stick to the legend it will alwys be Jean by default she was told she surpassed Xavier at one point as well. Jean is 05 so this no doubt will never change.
    At no point in their histories has Betsy as Psylocke or Captain Britain ever been referred to as more powerful than Jean Grey!

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    I did literally just say Jean was dead and Xavier was depowered when Emma was declared as such.

Emma Frost is not below Exodus. She easily stalemated him in psychic combat and her feats far exceed his. Stryfe is a disappointment of a psychic that I do not even entertain the idea that he could be anywhere near the top psychic’s.

Honest question why is Emma and Exodus stalemating one another always framed as a win for Emma? They literally BOTH blocked each other secondary powers and then Dust actually beat Exodus with prep something which is almost never mentioned!

I feel like its always been Jean.

I think now that they've defined both Jean and QQ as omegas, they're both the "most powerful" since they have no limits.

My power rankings:
    Jean/QQ
    Xavier
    Exodus/Emma

But SKILL-WISE, I think Xavier is still written as being able to take them all. QQ is obviously the most amateur. Emma is not as powerful as Jean (and it's been shown many times that Jean is the superior telepath), but she is very well-rounded and can accomplish many feats pushing her powers pretty far. I think with Exodus it's hard to say because he's always written differently, but he TK powers used in conjunction with his TP make him very formidable.

Jean's skill and power as a telepath is unparalleled.

TELEPATHIC POWER

TELEPATHIC SKILL

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Jean's skill and power as a telepath is unparalleled.

TELEPATHIC POWER

TELEPATHIC SKILL

Sorry, but her power is paralleled by QQ... that's why they're both omegas. QQ just doesn't know how to use and access it yet.

Skill is debatable and dependent on the writer. But I still think Xavier is written as having more skill. For example, he easily does the resurrections, but when Jean had to do it for Xavier, she was unsure of herself. So it's just that Xavier knows how to do more with his power, even though Jean's is limitless.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Sorry, but her power is paralleled by QQ... that's why they're both omegas. QQ just doesn't know how to use and access it yet.
    This is true, as much as it puts my panties in a twist to admit it. Nevertheless, she is certainly more skilled, hence why she's had to school him on a few occasions. Also, she was able to defeat a Phoenix-bonded QQ before, so...

Skill is debatable and dependent on the writer. But I still think Xavier is written as having more skill. For example, he easily does the resurrections, but when Jean had to do it for Xavier, she was unsure of herself. So it's just that Xavier knows how to do more with his power, even though Jean's is limitless.
    She may have been unsure of herself - her biggest hindrance, and when is she not? - but, in the end, she did resurrect Xavier. Also, she doesn't seem so unsure here...

Last edited by Mercury; 09-21-2021 at 01:15 PM.

Jean and Xavier have those moments of student surpassing the teacher too. When she saves him from Cassandra Nova, tricking Cassie by downloading Xavier's mind into her own, and then distributing it into the minds of every mutant in the planet. It's one of her best moments of power + skill combination, and it shocked even Xavier, because it was something that was considered impossible to do. The amount of power and psychic resistance she needed to do it was out of the charts.

cassie nova jean.JPG
    Last edited by Starchilde; 09-21-2021 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Honest question why is Emma and Exodus stalemating one another always framed as a win for Emma? They literally BOTH blocked each other secondary powers and then Dust actually beat Exodus with prep something which is almost never mentioned!

Because Emma not only did not look like she was straining,

but that entire fight, she was simultaneously talking to Scott. It was he who suggested the kids come in and save the day, not her. She straight up didn’t want them involved, but he insisted on it.

Add in her having all-around better feats and there is just no way in hell Exodus would be winning against Emma. He puts up a good fight, but he isn’t winning by any stretch.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Wait are you complianing about telepathy, but then are ok with magic? That’s even more hand waving op.
    Marvel basically has no magic system. Magicians can basically do anything which is why so many writers depower Dr. Strange at the start of their series runs.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Marvel basically has no magic system. Magicians can basically do anything which is why so many writers depower Dr. Strange at the start of their series runs.
    I would say telepathy trumps magic only because, in order to use magic, a magician needs to be able to use their mind. If a telepath acts swiftly enough, especially a telepath with the level of power and skill of Jean, Xavier, or Emma, they could subjugate a magician and even incapacitate them rather quikcly.