Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
It's unfair that he's getting harassed.

He didn't make the decision. He is only writing the story. Doing his job.

The whole Oracle and ableism discourse has become so tainted by bias and virtue signalling.

I struggle to believe that all of those calling for babs to be Paralysed again do so in good faith. Representation is important but to paralyse on purpose? That doesn't sit right with me.

Not to mention that how most of those loudly advocating for Babs as Oracle also champion Cass or Steph as batgirl.

there's also the fact that Babs has walking and in the role of Batgirl for sometime now. Some were unhappy about that but it didn't turn into the current storm we have.

The current storm started after DC teased Batgirls Cass and steph and Babs as Oracle only to reveal later that Babs was still mobile and was to function as both Oracle and Batgirl.

What are these fans really upset about and if they cared so much about representation for disabled readers then why haven't they been fiercely fighting DC's ableism from day one when Oracle got better?
From what I remember, Alan Moore said it was a mistake in The Killing Joke. It's why he doesn't consider it his best work.
If it's on Twitter, then Twitter discourse is dreadful anyway.