Extraordinary Member

Default The Flash #774 Preview

The Flash #774 Preview
    Writer: Jeremy Adams
    Artist: Christian Duce

Astonishing Member

The covered nose mask.

Dr. Nightmare seems interesting. Although isn't this Dr. Destiny's gimmick? I might be forgetting what Destiny's powers were.

Cutting off right before we see Irey's dress...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Dr. Nightmare seems interesting. Although isn't this Dr. Destiny's gimmick? I might be forgetting what Destiny's powers were.

Cutting off right before we see Irey's dress...
    Probably because she came down in her impulse costume.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    The covered nose mask.
    Yeah. I'm fine with the single-jog lightning symbol, but I'd rather have open-hair than the cowl from the 2009 designed-by-committee* costume - that mask is ugly.

(*literally, EVS refused to engage seriously with designing a new suit for Wally, so the result was thrown together BTS)

how has the Flash been? I haven't really been hearing a lot of chatter about this title lately.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    how has the Flash been? I haven't really been hearing a lot of chatter about this title lately.
    It's been a pretty great time, but I have to admit part of that is a dopamine hit from seeing Wally in the role again and it not coming across as "let's show why Wally sucks so people stop asking for him."

Essentially, it's just been a solid Flash run. The first arc was yet another attempt to mitigate the damage of Heroes in Crisis, so if you're entirely over referencing that story, perhaps skip that arc.

If I'm looking at the run objectively, it's not exactly trying to have a cataclysmic change to the status quo. It just seems to want to tell some new Flash stories and repair the damage that Didio's reign did to Wally West. Sound appealing? Try an issue. Otherwise, perhaps spend your money on another book on the shelves.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

It's doing some fun stories rather than big status quo changing events, it's a welcome change. The lack of chatter is probably due to 1) DC keeping low PR on the book, no big names in creative team 2) Fans are content

I've seen a lot of gushing for the book in Wally's Appreciation Thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    If I'm looking at the run objectively, it's not exactly trying to have a cataclysmic change to the status quo. It just seems to want to tell some new Flash stories and repair the damage that Didio's reign did to Wally West. Sound appealing? Try an issue. Otherwise, perhaps spend your money on another book on the shelves.
    Sometimes you need to get back to basics.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I'm loving it, personally. Even though I am from the first "Barry Era", Wally was the first Flash series I collected and read continuously to the bitter end. I hated what he became by edict and what was done to his character so this run has been an excellent refreshing breath of air. It's a solid good run so far.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Sometimes you need to get back to basics.
    I agree entirely. I think I prefer this approach these days to every writer coming in trying to make a cataclysmic shakeup to the status quo in hopes it gets adapted. I totally understand that they're trying to make a name for themselves and get residuals afterward since this industry is awful for pay and you gotta hustle where you can, but the finished product almost always suffers for it, as do the characters we all come together to read and discuss.

In light of stuff like Strange Adventures, I'll take The Flash every time... Though admittedly Michael Holt was cooler in the former. Damn shame.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Pretty fun for casuals or folk that don't care who's under the cowl, sort of cathartic for Wally people. It's got potential to be one of the great runs for the franchise if lasts long enough.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I am loving it. Highly recommend it. The first ARC was especially wonderful. The 2021 annual is where it concluded. Check it out.