Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Marvel needs to really get their telepath power down.

I was reading Trials of Magneto, and was flabbergasted that Emma can glamour Iron Man and Vision into her illusion. During AvX. It is always oh Iron man has strong anti psychic tech auto on, we cannot cream him, but now it is like whatever. Honestly, I am so sick of my faves getting jobbed during battles, like when Omega lvl Jean somehow get trapped in an illusion by third rate Typhoid Mary. I feel like Marvel needs clear boundary and power level, and stop finger waving whenever the plot need to be.

Spectacular Member

Did you know that a "bulletproof" vest isn't a full proof defense against bullets? It also does little to protect against knives. Iron Man and Vision having a higher than normal resistance to telepathy due to tech makes sense. But just like a bulletproof vest that doesn't mean they have perfect protection against telepathy.

It was a group of six telepaths working together, with one of them being extremely experienced and powerful on her own. They also weren't trying to make either of them do anything or masking a danger, they were creating a simple illusion in a non threatening situation. That Emma and the Cuckoos together could overpower their defenses or get around them in a different way isn't a huge conflict, especially with the context of the setting, the tone, and the overall limited impact they were going for.

And do we really need to waste page space to explain how Emma and the Cuckoos did a telepathic knife around their telepathic bulletproof vests for what was ultimately a minor thing just to show that Krakoa took steps to hide resurrection tech?
    Last edited by WinterCoyote; 09-17-2021 at 04:57 PM. Reason: typo

No, no, OP is right even if this particular example isn't the strongest. Marvel absolutely has a problem here and they need to do something about it ASAP.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

What’s even stranger is that when Tony went to the Hellfire Gala, he even stated to have psy-blockers on. Yet here, one day later, when going to Krakoa, he’s abandoned it for no apparent reason. It makes no sense.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    What’s even stranger is that when Tony went to the Hellfire Gala, he even stated to have psy-blockers on. Yet here, one day later, when going to Krakoa, he’s abandoned it for no apparent reason. It makes no sense.
    He forgot he turned them off when he wanted to watch the 'fireworks'.

Mighty Member

That whole scene was so stupid.

*Avengers arrive*
    X-Men: OMG! Let's go on a tour. We'll take you right by the site that has all our secrets we def don't want you to learn cause it would piss of Moira whom we're hiding from you.
    Avengers: Umm, whatever.
    X-Men: Quick! Tell Xavier to send us Emma and Jean even though he obvs needs them to get to Magneto's forced confession so we can cover up Wanda's death! Tell him we will walk by the totally avoidable area in our pointless tour in five minutes!
    Avengers: Umm, we heard all that. We just want the body....

Extraordinary Member

Is there any chance Tony Stark or someone else has not completely surveyed the entire island using a dozen different methods already?

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Is there any chance Tony Stark or someone else has not completely surveyed the entire island using a dozen different methods already?
    It's possible. But considering Krakoa is alive and the island has technopaths, telepaths and other people with powers that help with counterintelligence, I wouldn't be surprised if breaches have been kept to a minimum. Plus, being caught could lead to an international incident and insight the ire of an island filled with supermodel-shaped nuclear bombs. Bombs who may or may not be your friends. Unaffiliated dirty dealers might be willing to risk it.

Of course, Tony and Vision can probably record things with their tech. Even if they don't mean to spy, they could inadvertently get crucial footage.

Quote Originally Posted by emfrst View Post
    I was reading Trials of Magneto, and was flabbergasted that Emma can glamour Iron Man and Vision into her illusion. During AvX. It is always oh Iron man has strong anti psychic tech auto on, we cannot cream him, but now it is like whatever. Honestly, I am so sick of my faves getting jobbed during battles, like when Omega lvl Jean somehow get trapped in an illusion by third rate Typhoid Mary. I feel like Marvel needs clear boundary and power level, and stop finger waving whenever the plot need to be.
    Heh, if you think that's bad.... Back when Magneto ruled Genosha, he sent Joanna Cargill to the UN as the Genoshan Ambassador. Well... Jean mind controlled Cargill, forced her to join the X-Men, and then took her on a mission to de-throne Magneto. Jean actually forced Cargill to try to punch Magneto's head off!

Also Typhoid is a SNEAKY telepath. She's a psychic ninja, and does telepathic fights like one!

awww how cute people think that having psy blockers means that it's a I win button vs telepaths lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    awww how cute people think that having psy blockers means that it's a I win button vs telepaths lmao
    Say that again.

I remember Emma using her powers under the wavelength of psy blockers some Sentinels had. She called it a design flaw I believe.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

It was a stupid scene. The whole thing could have been avoided by not taking them there in the first place. There are better ways to pad out an issue than what we got.

BANNED

How terrible women can use their powers to beat those mostly male Avengers who came by. Good for Emma and the Cuckoos.

If you don’t like it you don’t have to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    How terrible women can use their powers to beat those mostly male Avengers who came by. Good for Emma and the Cuckoos.

If you don’t like it you don’t have to read it.
    Do you seriously think this is the problem people have with it? That they're women?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Marvel has done to telepaths what DC has done to speedsters.

Also, the writing around telepaths with their powers can become lazy as hell.

Character who went through immense trauma: You have no idea what I've been through.

Telepath does some mind shenenigans: Nope, I totally do. I feel very sad now.

This **** needs to stop.