Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I think the changing roster is a benefit if one gets weary of the static, unchanging characters from 50 years ago. The problem is Marvel has, in some ways, gone backwards with the Avengers roster to being mainly A-listers
    Oh I agree with you. I always loved the Avengers because it was not all A listers. When a book becomes all A listers it really takes away a writers ability to tell good stories because they can't really do much. When you have B and C listers they can do so much more. That was one of the many reasons I didn't like the Bendis run was too many A listers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Oh I agree with you. I always loved the Avengers because it was not all A listers. When a book becomes all A listers it really takes away a writers ability to tell good stories because they can't really do much. When you have B and C listers they can do so much more. That was one of the many reasons I didn't like the Bendis run was too many A listers.
    While it pains me(because I loved spidey and wolvie In the avengers roosters) I have to admit you are right. A listers tend to be huge boundaries for a writer and also artist(nope you cannot give this a listers a new cool costume...classic look is the rule).

Ultimate Member

Exactly. Plus, if the A-listers get all the attention in solo and team books, where do the others without solo books or minis get attention? To me, having a dynamic and evolving roster makes the Avengers and X-Men more interesting, than just the same four or five guys forever.

Mighty Member

Exactly. Plus, if the A-listers get all the attention in solo and team books, where do the others without solo books or minis get attention? To me, having a dynamic and evolving roster makes the Avengers and X-Men more interesting, than just the same four or five guys forever.
    This is the reason why we don't see Falcon, Hawkeye and Wasp these days compared to the early days. Because they are not in any books recently.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

That is a big reason why no new characters or B and C listers can gain any traction. If they are not appearing anywhere how are they supposed to gain fans. Marvel at some point just got stupid and decided just put al established characters in books and then bitch and whine about no one giving new characters a chance. Thats because you don't just throw a new character into a book and expect it to sell you stupid idiots. You build the character up in other books THEN you give them a try in their own series. You need to use a book like Avengers to showcase your lesser know characters alongside your big guns. Guys like Spider-Man, Wolverine, Doctor Strange, and Daredevil don't need to be Avengers. That is just a lazy writer wanting to sell his book by having all the big toys.

Ultimate Member

I don't get why it happened. And it's especially ironic considering the non-A-listers are becoming more popular in other media. You'd think Marvel would keep trying to build them up instead of ignoring them for a-list heroes who don't need the attention

Mighty Member

I don't get why it happened. And it's especially ironic considering the non-A-listers are becoming more popular in other media. You'd think Marvel would keep trying to build them up instead of ignoring them for a-list heroes who don't need the attention
    Because if you are talking about the video game, the game developer need to add more new characters inside the game, not following the method formula like the comic side. That not how you can build an audience in an apps.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Because if you are talking about the video game, the game developer need to add more new characters inside the game, not following the method formula like the comic side. That not how you can build an audience in an apps.
    Marvel comics should see that as an opportunity to market the lesser known heroes.

Another thing which annoys me is when these fanboys act like the most well-known superheroes are somehow inherently superior to the lesser known ones.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel comics should see that as an opportunity to market the lesser known heroes.

Another thing which annoys me is when these fanboys act like the most well-known superheroes are somehow inherently superior to the lesser known ones.
    Yeah, people get freaking outraged when lesser known characters get ****, and they usually have popular A-listers as avatars.

Is it true that Ghost Rider and Blade are now both bonafide Avengers?! If that's the case, Marvel is just DOUBLING DOWN on having more A-listers in the ranks of the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Is it true that Ghost Rider and Blade are now both bonafide Avengers?! If that's the case, Marvel is just DOUBLING DOWN on having more A-listers in the ranks of the Avengers.
    Yes, it's true. And, yes, Marvel has been doing that for quite some time.
    Personally, I'm not a fan. Over the years, there have been many C-D lister Avengers I didn't like. Dr. Druid, SilverClaw, Living Lightning, Rogue, Stature, Sentry, Sandman, Moon Knight, Deathcry, etc... Others, I've liked elswhere, but not as Avengers, such as Justice, Havok, Firestar, Rage, US Agent, Crystal, etc... There were even more than a few A-B Listers I've never enjoyed as Avengers, such as Namor, Dr. Strange, Wolverine, the Thing, Mister Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Daredevil, Storm, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, etc... But I've always liked the idea that the Avengers should be a couple of A-listers, mixed up with a few B-C-D listers.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 10-08-2021 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Personally, I'm not a fan. Over the years, there have been many C-D lister Avengers I didn't like. Dr. Druid, SilverClaw, Living Lightning, Rogue, Stature, Sentry, Sandman, Moon Knight, Deathcry, etc... Others, I've liked elswhere, but not as Avengers, such as Justice, Havok, Firestar, Rage, US Agent, Crystal, etc... There were even more than a few A-B Listers I've never enjoyed as Avengers, such as Namor, Dr. Strange, Wolverine, the Thing, Mister Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Daredevil, Storm, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, etc... But I've always liked the idea that the Avengers should be a couple of A-listers, mixed up with a few B-C-D listers.

Peace
    No kidding! I didn't know that. Thanks for the confirmation. I guess it's only a matter of time now when A-listers like Silver Surfer, Deadpool, Venom and Punisher join the Avengers.

To be fair, I wouldn't mind an A-lister like the Hulk becoming an Avenger again. He definitely has ties to the team and it would match his Avengers status in the movies. I think characters who haven't headlined cartoons, movies, television shows, video games, books and comics should be Avengers. They need the love.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 10-08-2021 at 11:44 AM.

Fantastic Member

No kidding! I didn't know that. Thanks for the confirmation. I guess it's only a matter of time now when A-listers like Silver Surfer, Deadpool, Venom and Punisher join the Avengers.

To be fair, I wouldn't mind an A-lister like the Hulk becoming an Avenger again. He definitely has ties to the team and it would match his Avengers status in the movies. I think characters who haven't headlined cartoons, movies, television shows, video games, books and comics should be Avengers. They need the love.
    Deadpool joined during the third run of Uncanny Avengers

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, people get freaking outraged when lesser known characters get ****, and they usually have popular A-listers as avatars.
    Or act like lesser known heroes don't deserve attention. Of course, many c-listers do suck and don't deserve fame, but IMO several A-listers do to. And we can't have a fictional universe focusing on just a few guys.

And it seems like A-lister fans seem more picky when it comes to adaptational changes despite having 3 or 4 different versions

Not that I disagree but how is Blade an A-lister?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    Yeah, those guys don't need to really be regular Avengers (I don't mind Dr strange on the team but the rest don't really need it). And tbh, having a team of A-listers isn't really diverse in terms of demographics or superpowers IMO
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 10-08-2021 at 05:24 PM.

Or act like lesser known heroes don't deserve attention. Of course, many c-listers do suck and don't deserve fame, but IMO several A-listers do to. And we can't have a fictional universe focusing on just a few guys.

And it seems like A-lister fans seem more picky when it comes to adaptational changes despite having 3 or 4 different versions

Not that I disagree but how is Blade an A-lister?

Yeah, those guys don't need to really be regular Avengers (I don't mind Dr strange on the team but the rest don't really need it). And tbh, having a team of A-listers isn't really diverse in terms of demographics or superpowers IMO
    Blade to me is an A-lister in live-action and animation. The Blade films were really popular in the day as I recall. He also had a pretty prominent role in the animated Spider-Man cartoon from the 90s. And there's a lot anticipation for that upcoming movie of his. So I'm talking about popular culture in general.