Extraordinary Member

Default Kaido vs. Kenpachi Zaraki

The Yonko and captain of the Beasts pirates takes on the captain of Soul Society's 11th division in the arena in a few varying fights.

1. Kaido can't use his DF powers and Kenpachi can't use his shikai or bankai.

2. Kaido can use his DF powers and Kenpachi can use his shikai but not his bankai.

3. They both get to go all out.

Who wins?

1. Kaido wins easily. From what I've seen, Kaido's DF gives him versatility more than anything. His real power is just tanking everything and hitting stupidly hard. Against a straightforward opponent in a neutral arena, he doesn't need the dragon stuff.
    2. Kaido still. But Ken might impress him ​a little in the process.
    3. It's been too long since I read this part of Bleach. I remember the powerup is big. But when I think of the gap between Dressarosa arc-Luffy/Zoro and what Kaido does in Wano, I can't say it's enough. I'm curious for other opinions.
    Last edited by Morning; 09-18-2021 at 12:55 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morning View Post
    1. Kaido wins easily. From what I've seen, Kaido's DF gives him versatility more than anything. His real power is just tanking everything and hitting stupidly hard. Against a straightforward opponent in a neutral arena, he doesn't need the dragon stuff.
    2. Kaido still. But Ken might impress him ​a little in the process.
    3. It's been too long since I read this part of Bleach. I remember the powerup is big. But when I think of the gap between Dressarosa arc-Luffy/Zoro and what Kaido does in Wano, I can't say it's enough. I'm curious for other opinions.
    1. Probably right, I do think that Kenpachi can get some respect due to sheer tenacity, but it's his fight to loose.

2. I'd actually give Kenpachi fairly good odds here. His shikai feat of obliterating quincy V's meteor is just flat out better than most (if not all) of the attacks that Kaido's been hit with. And that was with the eyepatch on him.

There's also a fun feat from the Can't Fear Your Own World novels. I'll put it in spoiler tags just in case.

spoilers:
    One of the opponents in the novels is a massive and ancient hollow that even Barragan was weary of. In the novels it routinely fights against multiple opponents and holding its own against them. At one point it's fighting Grimmjow, Neliel, Harribel, all the female Stern Ritters and a few others and they all need to constantly bombard it with attacks to keep it at bay. Towards the end it is the only enemy remaining and gets ready to attack all the tired fighters. Kenpachi takes it down with a single blow of his shikai (no eyepatch).
    end of spoilers

3. Ok, so Kenpach fights Gerard, who has grown into massive giant and is just shrugging off attacks from Byakuya, Toshiro and several visoreds. Kenpachi comes in and has to activate his shikai and take off his eyepatch to somewhat hold his own against Gerard. But ultimately Gerard is too much and beats down Kenpachi. Kenpachi manages to activate his bankai which turns him into an oni-like berserker. In this state he rather easily overwhelms Gerard by biting down on his giant arm and tearing it off, pushing him off the massive floating city they're on and bifurcating him when he flies back up. Unfortunately Gerard's broken Miracle ability puts him back together and Kenpachi begins falling apart due to his own overwhelming power.

So the question here becomes if Kenpachi can take down Kaido before his own power destroys him.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 09-20-2021 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    2. I'd actually give Kenpachi fairly good odds here. His shikai feat of obliterating ******'s meteor is just flat out better than most (if not all) of the attacks that Kaido's been hit with. And that was with the eyepatch on him.
    I don't understand how big that meteor, or soul society for that matter, is supposed to be. Some of the higher estimates I've seen online seem really, really out of scale with the rest of Bleach as I remember it

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morning View Post
    I don't understand how big that meteor, or soul society for that matter, is supposed to be. Some of the higher estimates I've seen online seem really, really out of scale with the rest of Bleach as I remember it
    Soul Society is the name of the world that hosts the entire afterlife in Bleach. The city-sized HQ of the shinigami is called the Seireitei.

As for the meteor, we never really get a solid image of just how big it is, but it does seem to be pretty darn massive.

I'd say Kenpachi destroying it fits right in with the kind of power that Ichigo and Aizen were tossing around in their battle towards the end.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

City-sized might be a bit of an overstatement for the dimensions of Seireitei depending on your definition of "city". Like I would pitch it as about the size of one of the larger boroughs of London if I were feeling charitable.

Also, based on the size of the meteor compared to the central castle of Seireitei in DS's image, it's about the size centrally circled walled segment in the above image. I'd pitch it as like... the size of a couple of city blocks maybe? Maybe like... 5?

Given that Luffy in Gear Four is doing bonkers stuff like punching Donflamingo so hard it flips over a big chunk of Dressrosa and he literally couldn't do anything significant to Kaido until he mastered Ryou, I'm dubious that Shikai Kenpachi is doing much to him based of the meteor feat alone.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 09-21-2021 at 04:04 AM.

Thinking about it a bit more, Kaido's durability is a bit of a tricky issue to wrangle. Comments made by Killer and the others indicate that it's his dragon scales that have such ridiculous durability, against both .

Like, while drunk off-his ass and being punched by Luffy's "flipping a large chunk of a city" level hits, he literally did not care. The only things that have shown to get through his durability is Ryou, which specifically bypasses durability, Traffy's internal attacks, which again bypass durability, Killer's sonic blades, which again bypass durability by attacking internally, and Zoro's maximum output attacks with Enma which has got special super Haki from Oden.

In that final instance, which seems to be something like the threshold of raw attack power Kaido can soak, said attacks only did apparently somewhat superficial damage given that Kaido was like "ow, that was pretty impressive this will leave a scar," and then carried on fighting.

Zoro's big cut attack that sliced off the horn of Onigashima, which Kaido dodged, looks to be a similar threshold of the meteor slice in terms of raw damage but Zoro has been doing stuff on kind of that level prior to having Enma as we saw when he fought Pika and we saw that Zoro's non-Enma attacks weren't doing anything.

So... I think the issue is that Kaido clearly seems to require "special Haki," as a pre-requisite for breaching his durability through brute force. Kenpachi has assloads of brute force and in Bankai is definitely above Zoro for example based on how much his own stats went up versus his Shikai level where he messed up the meteor.

All of which is to say... I'm not sure.

Methinks, Bankai Zaraki with his one (1) feat might be able to take it but I'm not married to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Comments made by Killer and the others indicate that it's his dragon scales that have such ridiculous durability, against both.
    It's been said, yes. I don't know if the feats actually support it. Kaido is stupid durable in his base form. As you said, mountain-splitting swordsmen can't scratch his skin. Even Zoro using some of Enma's power (but not enough) and Killer were unable to draw blood from an undefended beheading attempt on base-Kaido's wide open neck. Given everything he's tanked in base and transformed forms, it's hard to draw a clear line at where scales actually accomplish anything as a powerup to me. It seems like the same level of attacks hurt him the same amount, which is to say very little at a time.

Plus, considering hes constantly taking hits with hax effects to bypass external durability, his internal durability is also insane. Outside of momentary pain, he's barely taken any damage at all.
    Last edited by Morning; 09-21-2021 at 09:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member

As far as the Size of the Seireitei goes, supposedly there is a 3 days walk between each of the Seireitei's four gates

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    As far as the Size of the Seireitei goes, supposedly there is a 3 days walk between each of the Seireitei's four gates
    That doesn't bear out with the size of the place as viewed in the images above.

Also, is that going around the wall or across the middle?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    That doesn't bear out with the size of the place as viewed in the images above.

Also, is that going around the wall or across the middle?
    Around the wall, I presume.