Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Can I read a single character series and still know what is going on?

Let me explain the question a bit. I read mostly 60s and 70s Marvel but I have read some newer stuff and really enjoyed it. Superior Spiderman, Scarlett Spider, Ms Marvel 2014 Spiderman and some of the newer Xmen like House of X and Powers of X and a few titles after as well as Savage Avengers.

What I would like to do is read some more modern stuff for characters I enjoy Like Sam Wilson Captain America, more Ms Marvel Titles, and some current Spiderman as well as more of the Karoka Xmen. I am really loving the Karoka Xmen titles. I have not been this excited for the Xmen universe in years and want to keep that going.

But with all of the crossovers and events do I have to read a lot of the current Marvel line to understand what is going on in the more modern books IE anything after 2014? Will I get lost if I read some Spiderman and Ms Marvel but not the events and such? How about Avengers centered heroes like Captain America?
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-18-2021 at 09:05 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.