[QUOTE=Castle;5745561]
Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

I am proving a lot, you are free to ingore it but I doubt many here would. According to directors like Bryan Singer, Nolan, Scorsese , James Cameron and Mangold to name a few or less I forget Ridley Scott. they have said on their best days which is more than not. they dont make manufactured movies and I am sorry, I have to trust and side with them more than I do another person who is trying to make a history of cinema fit the MCU formula. CBR forum discussion about Spiderman is proof. we cannot personally dismiss it, but their comments make sense, aftercall they are the people reading spiderman comics. to dimiss is ,is to hurt holland movies.

From a film genre place, they all got the roughly same kind of acclaim in how to make comic films move beyond just kid friendly stories, a fact common after batman and robin and pre disney mcu movies. X-MEN was most famous in comic book critical reception because Singer and others used it more as a platform to tackle social issues and invoke many heavy political angles that has never been done in comics before. this is just the truth. the Bobby comes out scene in X2 is the best example to this and the most famous social conscious scene in comic book films and the Xavier and Magneto rivalry-friendship is now one of the most iconic rivalries in all of modern cinema. Now I know this is a hard one because it puts MCU X-MEN in a difficult place and makes MCU look very limited but alternate history does not change this. this is Nolan n the first xmen film , which is what? the 4th best of the series?

http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/movi...lan-x-me/70919

There wasn’t really a superhero genre before X-Men came out. Funny enough, I remember catching a plane while we were promoting The Prestige with Chris Nolan [who] said to me that he’d always had the Batman in his mind. Even way back before 2000, he had the version of Batman that he ended up making in his head. He said, ‘when I went into the cinema and saw X-Men, I said damn, that’s my idea.’ The idea that you could really dive in to the emotional life, to the vulnerability of these characters and that, as well as being fantastical, amazing and action, is what’s going to hook people and make them care. That’s what Bryan did, he had a lot of courage to do that.”

This is Nolan own thought, from the same person that once said, MCU movies are not real in 2012 when Nolan tried to put a distance between Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises. what Nolan said is the overall critical reception of the good xmen films. last I checked, GOTG is still fun and jokes and even now GOTG is blamed the most for MCU unnecessarily becoming more action comedies and for Black Panther, let's imagine the movie not made by Disney, but made by Sony or Fox and go color blind. What I see is a movie getting slammed hard for its simplistic story and bad special effects.

Spiderman is still not Peter Pan as MCU think though, Spiderman started of as teenager but why the Raimi movies are great is that like the comics, Spiderman was growing day by day. MCU Spiderman now has about 6 movies and he is still a teenager, from the trailers, Tom Holland no longer looks like a teenager in real life so why is he still in high school in movies? Garfield movies failed because his movies were held to much higher standard and critics were more honest. The bar tends to be low for MCU. All what MCU movies needs is lots of quips and action scenes. that is not good enough for sony

LOL. Now I feel this is just getting too much into a really bad marvel vs fox stuff, sorry I don't do that angle. that is why you dont see me saying many good things about xmen origins or even Singer's more comic bookie xmen apocalypse. what I do is show why director cantered film making that pushes more story boundaries has better benefits than cooperate film making with a disney dumbed down spin of the genre. LOL with X-Men movies dont have good cimemthoghy. first of all the nazi opening scene in xmen 1 will differ to that because the color grading and camera shots of that movie gave a realistic take of what nazi camps in 1941 that made people see the comic books in a serious manner even Nolan himself and the cinematography is what we should thank for that iconic opening scene in comic book history. I would argue X2 is even better, with this.

As a person who studies films for money, I cannot think of any other comic film of the 2000s that had such a look except the nolan films.

This is what a good cinematography is X2 and no GOTG, Ragnarok are not close, those movies have the same dour bland look signature mcu look that gets very complained about in their films and sometimes they are way way too colourful to take them seriously. In film making, Cinematography also has a lot to do with thought and vision, reason why I mentioned citizen kane. MCU as Scorsese did point out their movies look like theme parks , likely done to appeal very much kids and it shows in their cinematography, where everything looks like an animation with many blur backgrounds as seen in films like Endgame and Avengers. in honesty mcu got so bad wit this that The Dark Knight director had to call it out as far back in 2012.

https://www.escapistmagazine.com/dar...-the-avengers/

Dark Knight Rises Cinematographer Bashes The Avengers

And MCU has not gotten better, Shang CHI cinematography was not great at all and Black Widow looked worse. their movies looked washy, funny I said the same about spiderman homecoming on CBR Spiderman forum and I got a good confirmation from m Spiderman movie fans, who said the same thing.one spiderman fan even saying that at least Garfield films were trying to be indie and cocky.

Singer has said he wanted comic films to look more realistic and more self aware that the story is taking place in a real-real world and that shows in this xmen movies cinematography, no one has ever seen a singer xmen film look like theme park sor cartoonish, Singer xmen moves are very famous for their more grounded realism and a good cinematography is the key to that as proven again.

This is not a mcu vs fox bs sony vs dc rant I am saying here. this is a honest good film making obvious take of movies I will say in front of anyone including Scorsese or Coppela or Dennis Villeneuve and I am sure, they will see my reason because they have already said the same thing about how to make movies and they are right, reason I say the same.
Yes, I'm absolutely ignoring because you're simply repeating the same thing over and over again.

I've said all I need to say on this particular issue.

Like I said, you don't have to allow the MCU's success to bother you so much. It's not that deep.

Moving on...