Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Just scored 2 preview tickets for Wednesday!

Super pumped and nervous.

Love the team and cast. Love the books/magazines. Did not like the first Dune movie but enjoyed most of the Sci-Fi channel's mini series.

I hope this does well and is good.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Just scored 2 preview tickets for Wednesday!

Super pumped and nervous.

Love the team and cast. Love the books/magazines. Did not like the first Dune movie but enjoyed most of the Sci-Fi channel's mini series.

I hope this does well and is good.
    Congratulations and stay safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I don't get any street level vibe from the HawkEye trailer. I know I give CW shows a hard time, but there are more street vibe feels from Arrow and a bigger extent, Fox Gotham than I am getting from Hawkeye.
    Well, depends on what we mean by "street-level." If we're taking something darker and dramatic, like the classic Batman cartoon, or edgelord-style material, like the Snyderverse DC movies, probably not. On the other hand, if we're talking something where it's about threats that aren't about saving the world and more mundane schemes (e.g. classic Spider-Man, Daredevil, etc.), the new show looks like it'll fit in just right. Heck, the Fraction comics that the show is basing itself on is one of the quintessential street-level comic book series out there.

In any event, the trailer sure looks like its capturing the spirit of Fraction comics. I will grant that we're seeing more of the absurd side than the dramatic stuff, but it is just a trailer, and, in any event, the comics's depth was always in the character writing more so than in grimdark plot points (case in point, the complexities of the surrogate sibling and/or father/daughter figure relationship between Clint and Kate).

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Street Vibe movies or TV shows for instance Training Day or The Wire tend to have a not polished grit look, kinda off almost like a realistic rawness. Hawkeye looks very colourful and over polished...
    Yeah, you'd almost think that it was trying to capture the look of its source material. Weird, isn't it?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)