Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Btw Mr Kurt Busiek, someone here mentioned you as good choice for Captain America. I'm curious if you have any particular ideas you would want to explore with mainstream Captain America in the world of today.
    I have Cap ideas, but they're old enough that I'm not sure they'd qualify as "about the world of today." If I was writing the book I'd have to think some up, I suppose.

I am writing Cap at present in THE MARVELS, though.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind Marvel bringing back Epic magazine. I know it will never happen. But a guy can dream, can't he?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    New Young Avengers...Eli, Kate, Cassie and Jonas in an Human Torch body with new members Thunderstrike, Spider-Girl, a new Iron Lad (not young Kang) and a new character who is the 17 year old daughter of Namor and a hispanic woman.
    You could throw in Iron Patriot (Toni Ho) and Aikku Jokinen from Ewing's New/US Avengers, Water Snake and Hummingbird from the New Warriors and some other heroes from Avengers Academy/Initiative

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    You could throw in Iron Patriot (Toni Ho) and Aikku Jokinen from Ewing's New/US Avengers, Water Snake and Hummingbird from the New Warriors and some other heroes from Avengers Academy/Initiative
    Aside from Eli and Kate I would like to keep it as teen Avenger legacies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    That's an intresting take. The problem with the Thunderbolts is that you're never gonna get another WTF? moment like in that first issue. People will be expecting a twist, and, in today's hype over story market, it's really hard to keep it quiet. However, the Thunderbolts always was much more than just that twist and a team of people willing to walk that murky line on the edge that separates a team of heroes from a team of villains. The shades of grey moral grounds. It was all about redemption. I know nowadays it's getting harder to tell the good guys from the bad, but there are quite a few big Marvel villains that have tried to go the straight and narrow road before, such as the Absorbing Man, Titania, the Sandman, etc... and it'd be nice to see them get another shot at it.

Peace
    I would love to see a new Thunderbolts series with a mix of classic members (Songbird, Moonstone, Fixer, Ghost, Zemo,) and characters that would fit the team (Diamondback, (overdue imo Crossbones has been on the team Crossbones), Hawkeye, Bucky, Taskmaster, Mockingbird, Yelena Belova, to name a few) as to what said iteration of the Thunderbolts would do, idk once Kingpin is finished with the Thunderbolts, have it under the auspices of SHIELD, (Mockingbird would oversee the team, put Hawkeye and Bucky, Songbird and Diamondback as “handlers”) and have the team situated in Ravencroft prison,
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,
    same as the old Arachne_Azure

"If Life doesn't give you some sugar to go with the lemons
    your lemonade is gonna suck
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    I have Cap ideas, but they're old enough that I'm not sure they'd qualify as "about the world of today.
    That would be a plus in my book and guarantee me buying the book.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Alpha Flight
    Alpha Flight Team.jpg
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    That would be a plus in my book and guarantee me buying the book.
    Exactly. A nice 3-4 year run of Steve being Cap. Some espionage and SHIELD hijinx, Diamondback for romantic tension, someone or a cabal to fight besides the Red Skull, dig deeper into Bucky and his time in and out of suspended animation, get Ron Lim back, or Epting, or both, and pair them with Mr. Busiek, Roger Stern, or Dan Jurgens. Yeah I’m wishing for the 80’s-90’s but Cap’s my favorite character and Avenger, so I’m biased, but this book can be solid again, and I miss it.

I'd like to see guardians of the galaxy relaunched... with Al Ewing writing the book....

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    New Invaders - The one with Blazing Skull, Tara, Nia Noble.
    I enjoyed this lineup. I'd even be fine with Walker as USAgent leading the team. He's a lot more visible now. I'd take him in Cap attire as well.
    This shortlived lineup was fun. Followup needs to be done with Tara especially but Fin and Nia Noble as well. Really give more "screen time" to those second tier Invaders.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'm cheating a bit here, because Monica Rambeau has never had a full series, but I'd love for Marvel to do just that now that she's Spectrum. Even if they have to start out with the baby steps of a 4-6 issue limited series. It's time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    New Invaders - The one with Blazing Skull, Tara, Nia Noble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I enjoyed this lineup. I'd even be fine with Walker as USAgent leading the team. He's a lot more visible now. I'd take him in Cap attire as well.
    This shortlived lineup was fun. Followup needs to be done with Tara especially but Fin and Nia Noble as well. Really give more "screen time" to those second tier Invaders.
    I liked that series, also. It was a bit, What If Image Comics did The Invaders, in terms of story, and, IMHO, the art really did that series in, but I think it had a lot of potential, and spotlighted some odd characters in a really intresting way.

Peace

Mighty Member

Human Fly. Experimental like the omega the unknown relaunch. What's the go on reviving a real life character?

Code: Blue the NYPD anti-super-villain team. They can be "on loan" to other cities as needed via a relationship with the Dept. of Homeland Security. I'd like to see Christopher Priest write it. New characters included but feature Lt. Marcus Stone.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Code:_Blue_(Earth-616)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Code: Blue the NYPD anti-super-villain team. They can be "on loan" to other cities as needed via a relationship with the Dept. of Homeland Security. I'd like to see Christopher Priest write it. New characters included but feature Lt. Marcus Stone.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Code:_Blue_(Earth-616)
    Could just have the FBI or US Marshalls bring them on giving them federal jurisdiction.