Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

^^^^ Ascended I like a couple of your ideas.

First an Agents of Shield book would be great. A mix of Shield Agents and some low powered super heroes. Cant have too many big power guys other wise it just becomes another superhero book. And Invisible Woman would be great in it. She was a spy in that Mini of her they did awhile back.

Thunderbolts with juggy on the team is a no brainier and I am shocked Marvel hasnt done something like this, With Jugs Mini and him trying to redeem himself he would fit right in on a team like that. I really want more Jugs after reading his Mini. It was a lot of fun and a great take on the character.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I would love to get the 2000s Young Avengers back as a group. But I know it's never gonna happen.

Extraordinary Member

New Young Avengers...Eli, Kate, Cassie and Jonas in an Human Torch body with new members Thunderstrike, Spider-Girl, a new Iron Lad (not young Kang) and a new character who is the 17 year old daughter of Namor and a hispanic woman.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I'd love to see an ongoing Marvel Team-up. I'd like to see an ongoing horror title too. It could be an homage to the Creepy & Eerie from Warren Magazines but on a smaller scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Marvel 2 in One written by Zdarsky but with Johnny and Sue this time.
    I'd love to see this. Too bad Jim Cheung hasn't come back to Marvel. I think he's still working for DC.

Outlaws. The first thunderbolts.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Blonde phantom would be fun.

[IMG][/IMG]

I've said before and will say it again.

Comet man!

[IMG][/IMG]

How about using the microns you own marvel?

[IMG][/IMG]

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

There was an issue concerning the rights to the Micronauts. Marvel lost them a long time ago since the series characters were based on some toys from the Mego company. Hasbro now owns Mego's rights so there was a 182 page TPB scheduled by IDW. IDW will donate a portion of the profits to writer Bill Mantlo's medical care. He was severely injured in traffic accident in 1992. His brother was his caregiver but he passed away recently. Mantlo also received money from the Guardians of the Galaxy movies since he created the character of Rocket Racoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Squadron Supreme or Hyperion. I really like the Hickman era Hyperion, and I like the idea of Marvel having an evil, interdimensional Justice League. So many cool things you can do with all that yknow? Then again, assuming laws don't change Superman himself will be entering the public domain in a few years so maybe Marvel can take advantage of that. Kurt Busiek said he'd be down for such a thing in the "Ask Kurt" thread....
    I don't think I ever said I'd be down for doing a SQUADRON SUPREME series.

Or if you mean that I'd be interested in doing something with a public-domain Superman, well, sure...but not at Marvel. The appeal of doing a public-domain Superman would be to do it my way, without the publisher telling me what I can and can't do. Not doing Superman work-for-hire for a different publisher, under the same kind of top-down control, just from a different set of people.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Loners - That was a good series. It would be nice to see Mattie, Turbo and the others again.

New Invaders - The one with Blazing Skull, Tara, Nia Noble.

An Avengers West Coast
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    I don't think I ever said I'd be down for doing a SQUADRON SUPREME series.

Or if you mean that I'd be interested in doing something with a public-domain Superman, well, sure...but not at Marvel. The appeal of doing a public-domain Superman would be to do it my way, without the publisher telling me what I can and can't do. Not doing Superman work-for-hire for a different publisher, under the same kind of top-down control, just from a different set of people.

kdb
    Btw Mr Kurt Busiek, someone here mentioned you as good choice for Captain America. I'm curious if you have any particular ideas you would want to explore with mainstream Captain America in the world of today.
    Last edited by Alpha; 09-21-2021 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    New Young Avengers...Eli, Kate, Cassie and Jonas in an Human Torch body with new members Thunderstrike, Spider-Girl, a new Iron Lad (not young Kang) and a new character who is the 17 year old daughter of Namor and a hispanic woman.
    That's impossible per Namor's first silver age appearance. Johnny Storm found him with amnesia living as a hobo, and this was around 15 years ago. No kid of the Sub-Mariner can be more than 14 years old unless they're a time traveller (like his son Ove who recently appeared in Captain Marvel) or was born in World War II.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's impossible per Namor's first silver age appearance. Johnny Storm found him with amnesia living as a hobo, and this was around 15 years ago. No kid of the Sub-Mariner can be more than 14 years old unless they're a time traveller (like his son Ove who recently appeared in Captain Marvel) or was born in World War II.
    Homeless, amnesiac Namor could have had sex in that timeframe.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

The heroes are on the west coast for a variety of reasons when an earthquake hits. They rally behind Wasp's leadership to help save people during the catastrophe and find out that it was caused by a new Masters of Evil. They track them to Hydrobase that the Masters were able to get possession of after SHIELD fell. After they defeat the Masters they claim salvage rights on Hydro base and use it as their HQ.

Avengers West
    ----------------
    Wasp
    Tigra
    Living Lightning
    Justice
    Ultra Girl
    Blue Marvel
    Iron Patriot
    Tara/Invader-1
    Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post

THIS! I want an Avengers West Coast book more than almost any other Marvel book I read and collected AWC even when I didn't read the main Avengers title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post

West Coast Avengers but without Aaron. There should be another Avenger book with no Aaron anywhere near it.
    Don't get me wrong. O loved WCA. When it was comming out, more odten than not,ot was THE Avengers book for me, but considering that the Avengers no longer are based in NY and in the East Coast, how feesable IS a WEST COAST Avengers?

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Nobody said Fantastic Force with Shuri as Black Panther and Valeria Richards as Marvel Girl.

smh.
    Only if Psilord can make comeback.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    ^^^^ Ascended I like a couple of your ideas.
    Thanks!

First an Agents of Shield book would be great. A mix of Shield Agents and some low powered super heroes. Cant have too many big power guys other wise it just becomes another superhero book. And Invisible Woman would be great in it. She was a spy in that Mini of her they did awhile back.
    Exactly. I'd be fine with someone like Sue Storm; she's stupid powerful but it's not a "in your face" kind of powerset, and well suited to espionage work (and that mini was a great idea). I'd accept Quake just because of her history with Fury and SHIELD, but I wouldn't want more than one, possibly two, heavy hitters. The whole point of a SHIELD book would be to do stuff typical superhero teams don't, after all.

Fury, Hill, Coulson, Quake, Mockingbird, Sue. I feel like that's a pretty solid core roster yeah? Maybe throw a Dethlok in there, or a big name sales draw that fits the premise (not sure who)?

Thunderbolts with juggy on the team is a no brainier and I am shocked Marvel hasnt done something like this
    I know right? Juggernaut is fantastic and would fit the 'Bolts so well. Maybe Venom? Not sure what that guy is up to these days. I guess he's an alien goo god king or something now? Might not fit the 'Bolts anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post

kdb
    Yeah I meant public domain Superman, not the Squadron. And thanks for the clarification, we talked about that quite some time ago here and I guess since we were on the Marvel forum I assumed you meant (or were open to) doing it with Marvel. Sorry, didn't mean to misquote you good sir.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.