Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I love this one. Now would you want a more modern type of story? or a kind of retro feel and take?

And Huntsman Spider you marvel 2099 reboot is on point
    Thanks for the compliment. I've been working on fleshing out the idea more, though I'll save it for the Revamp a Hero thread.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    That's an intresting take. The problem with the Thunderbolts is that you're never gonna get another WTF? moment like in that first issue. People will be expecting a twist, and, in today's hype over story market, it's really hard to keep it quiet. However, the Thunderbolts always was much more than just that twist and a team of people willing to walk that murky line on the edge that separates a team of heroes from a team of villains. The shades of grey moral grounds. It was all about redemption. I know nowadays it's getting harder to tell the good guys from the bad, but there are quite a few big Marvel villains that have tried to go the straight and narrow road before, such as the Absorbing Man, Titania, the Sandman, etc... and it'd be nice to see them get another shot at it.

Peace
    Yeah, everyone will be expecting a twist. If you give them a twist, they’ll all say “we saw it coming”. If you don’t, they’ll complain because there wasn’t a twist. So you’d have to find some twist people won’t see coming. Either way, the book should always be about redemption. Unfortunately, all of the recent groups have just used the name for a villain team.

As for characters I would use in addition to the ones you mentioned, I would use Spiral, Lyja, and Boomerang as candidates.

Mighty Member

An obvious choice would be Uncanny X-Men, especially in this Krakoa era (or just after the Krakoa era).

But if we wanted to get more interesting, a return to the Horror books and two stories in one solo titles. An Avengers Presents with Hawkeye and a rotating cast of characters would be a fun comeback,
    Some of the weirder off brand titles like Amazing Fantasy, but instead of it being focused on Marvel Characters, it's just a weird little title which tells small horror stories, letting the writers and artists get weird. (Imagine Al Ewing on that), and also being a spawning ground for new writers and artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Midnight Sons
    Totally agree! I'd LOVE to see the return of the OG Midnight Sons!!

But first, someone MUST find a way to reinstate Dan Ketch as the Spirit of Vengeance ('90s Ghost Rider) once and for ALL!!!

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-20-2021 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Heroes for Hire (in the John Ostrander, Pasqual Ferry mold. It'd be awsome if you could get them to do it).

Peace
    Truly underrated. I'd love to see the Ostrander version of H4H continue in some form...

About this, on a kind of unrelated subject. I'm not much of an Inhumans fan (don't know why, but I always prefered them as guest stars then as main characters. And I like them A LOT as guest stars, just have very few occasions in which they clicked for me in their own stories), but do people prefer the Inhumans in their original Jack Kirby looks, or do they prefer the Jae Lee updated versions? Personally, I'd go with the Kirby versions, especially Triton. I've hated most of the updated looks they've given him.

Peace
    In agreement with the majority, I still prefer the OG versions. Although, I wouldn't mind if the Ladronn versions made a comeback...

Quote Originally Posted by etrumble View Post
    Some horror(Man-Thing, Son of Satan, Werewolf by Night, Tomb of Dracula, Mummy on the Loose, any of those).
    Agreed. I'd be interested in the return of Creatures on the Loose (especially, if it involves John Jameson/Man-Wolf/StarGod):

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-20-2021 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post

They need a new chance, free of all the editorially mandated garbage of the past
    I’d love to see Hickman take on the Inhumans.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Nobody said Fantastic Force with Shuri as Black Panther and Valeria Richards as Marvel Girl.

smh.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I would love to see a book like this! One would have thought that after the major success that the Sylvie character seemed to experience from the show, they would have put something into production with her character.
    Me too, I'm still wondering which is what makes Marvel not decide to do something better with her, but without forgetting her appearances in Dark Reign: Young Avengers and Avengers Academy, the rest is very forgettable and turns an interesting character into something else that has nothing to do with what she was at first.

They could really do it, I would love to, I really like Sylvie Lushton as she is, but they could add some other thing from the Loki series but without changing her too much in terms of her personality, but making her a bit more mature psychologically speaking in other things but not forgetting what she wanted at first that it was to be a real heroine.

Spider-Woman by Nocenti.
    Fantastic Force.
    Generation X.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Took till page 3 but yes: Man-Thing
    Took till page 4 but yes: Dan Ketch as a Ghost Rider; I also want Alejandra Blaze revived as the female GR.

My titles:
    Man-Thing (Horror), I want Man-Thing back communicating with telepathy or voice like his Thunderbolts run.
    Midnight Sons or Strikeforce
    Deathlok - Henry Hayes, no need to make another one
    Sleepwalker
    Sensational Spider-man with Ben after Peter comes back. One book for Peter, one for Miles, one for Ben. Ben needs to be in another city.
    Elektra - she's had a rough couple of goes the last 6/7 yrs but her potential is there.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Sleepwalker
    In total agreement with you about SleepWalker, especially if they brought back Rick & Alyssa (one of my favorite couples from the '90s):

Wasnt Sleepwalker in an issue of Superior Spiderman? Or was it something else. Like monsters or something got losse and Spiderman yelled at him for not doing a good enough job or something? or was that someone else?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Wasnt Sleepwalker in an issue of Superior Spiderman? Or was it something else. Like monsters or something got losse and Spiderman yelled at him for not doing a good enough job or something? or was that someone else?
    Sleepwalker met Superior Spidey in either Avenging Spider-Man or SS Team-Up but I forgot what the issue was about.

Sleepwalker also appeared in the James Robinson Fantastic Four arc before Secret Wars.
    "Cable was right!"

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I loved this series also. Maybe replace Carol with Ultra Girl.

But I would really like for Ewing and Rocafort to return.
    Yep, lots they can do with the roster, as long as they build around Monica Rambeau and Adam Brashear. I also wouldn't mind seeing characters like Gladiator, Va-Sohn, Miles Morales, Rachel Grey, Beta Ray Bill, Vision, Ashake, Emmet Proudhawk and the Silver Surfer on the roster at some point. I'm sure there are more than enough "ultimate problems" to keep them busy.

Nova. I really enjoyed the DnA era, which was more sci-fi than superhero, and the last Novas series that put Rich and Sam Alexander together was fun. I'd like to mesh those and do a space buddy cop title where Richard is firmly established as Nova Prime, with the Worldmind back in place, and Sam is being trained to be a "proper" Nova.

The Royal Court of the Inhumans. Rarely have these guys ever interested me, but the concept of "Game of Thrones meets the Monsters of Universal Studios" is such a cool hook, I'd definitely like to see an attempt with them that mostly ignores the Nuhuman era. Maybe bring in a few homeless characters like Moon Girl and/or Quake?

Agents of SHIELD. I feel like the espionage/spy corner of the MU hasn't seen much love lately. Coulson, Hill, Fury, Mockingbird, Shang Chi, Quake, whoever the hell else. Invisible Woman maybe?

Any chance to get a street level, Netflix-esque Defenders wouldn't go amiss. I don't care what it's called; Heroes for Hire, whatever, but I like Luke and Danny and some other street level folks together.

Thunderbolts. I like the idea of taking Songbird and Mach X (maybe Bucky or Deadpool?) and teaming them up with some new villainous recruits. I'd recommend Juggernaut, personally.

Squadron Supreme or Hyperion. I really like the Hickman era Hyperion, and I like the idea of Marvel having an evil, interdimensional Justice League. So many cool things you can do with all that yknow? Then again, assuming laws don't change Superman himself will be entering the public domain in a few years so maybe Marvel can take advantage of that. Kurt Busiek said he'd be down for such a thing in the "Ask Kurt" thread....

New Universe (again). Okay, so Marvel has kind of ruined the concept of the White Event and the protective systems it creates, like the Starbrand (why is there a Starbrand a million years before earth is supposed to elevate? Dammit Aaron, did you even read the original material???) but the idea is fun as hell and I'd like to see it used properly (probably as an alternate earth title?)

Exiles. Because how can you not love the idea? Lean into the popularity of Captain Carter, maybe build some of it off the back of the Captain Britain mythology?

And I'd like a second (or third) Avengers title, but ones that are very, very different from the main book. The War of the Realms had a fun idea with the "War Avengers" who were supposed to be former/current soldiers accustomed to waging actual wars, instead of superhero battles, and while the mini itself didn't live up to the potential of the premise I do think there's something to be said for a old school war comic featuring modern heroes.

I also really adored Ewing's Ultimates, and would love to see that team again (not necessarily with the same rosters).

Oh, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Blade. Make it a supernatural ensemble with Ghost Rider and some other folks, or just a solo, I don't care.

I dunno. Just spitballing. Lot of overlap in my ideas, but this is off the cuff and....well, I like what I like I guess.
    Last edited by Ascended; 09-20-2021 at 02:11 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.