Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Which Batman Rogues Would Fit Well Into Superman's Rogues Gallery?

I think the "eco terrorist" version of Ivy is just about the only Gotham villain worth using in Super stories. None of the Gotham rogues are powerful enough to provide a real challenge to Clark, but Ivy does at least bring in the "why aren't you doing more to save the planet?" topic, in a way that Clark's own rogues don't.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I could see Riddler. Throwing out Riddles to confuse Superman.

Penguin. Mob boss type.

Ras Al Ghul. He would be pretty equivalent to Lex.

ZZaxx (Sp?) Deranged hitman who marks himself. He would just be throwing out to Superman, "I killed a guy and you couldn't stop me.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

BANNED

Freeze, Clayface, Scarecrow?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I think Bane could easily become a formidable foe for Superman. Just get a hand on some of that Kryptonian DNA and mix it with his venom juice...BANG! Kryptonian strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I think Bane could easily become a formidable foe for Superman. Just get a hand on some of that Kryptonian DNA and mix it with his venom juice...BANG! Kryptonian strong.
    Yeah! Definitely, I'd LOVE to see a rematch between these two!!

Dr. Phosphorous.

Scarecrow. Could maybe do something meaningful with the whole “hope” part of Superman by setting him up against a foe enamored with fear.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I think any of the super geniuses, the planners and schemers that are like Lex Luthor.

I wouldn't mind some team-ups. Riddler or The Mad Hatter might pair well with The Toyman. Not all of Superman's villains are a challenge to him, so these would mostly be in that tier.

Clayface and Poison Ivy would be the main exceptions, with Mister Freeze being close behind.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Mr. Freeze, Clayface, Prometheus, Poison Ivy, Peacekeepers, and The Designer without the twist could work as a Superman rogue to me.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-20-2021 at 02:25 PM.