Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 97
  1. #1

    Default X-Men Monday #125 – Jonathan Hickman Reflects

    X-Men Monday #125 – Jonathan Hickman Reflects on the ‘X-Men Experiment’ and Teases the ‘Amazing’ Stories to Come

    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/09/20/x-...athan-hickman/

  2. #2
    Mighty Member Hi-Fi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,462

    Default

    Rogue cut from Inferno and not being a part of Mystique/Destiny's resolution is the stuff nightmares are made of.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member Kingdom X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    We love an honest king. That feeling of stagnation wasn’t just fans being picky.

    One, I believe we needed a broader aesthetic. A bigger artistic umbrella. That’s something we perhaps could have controlled a little better.

    Two, I think we needed to maintain a more relentless velocity. Narrative rhythm is good — necessary, I think, in the individual titles — but with a line as big as ours, the whole thing still has to feel like a freight train. The pandemic really screwed us there, and along with other complications, it’s taken us until now to get everything back on track. So, while some might think that’s one we deserve some grace on, I’d probably argue that grace isn’t something you get to ask for in a financial exchange.

    But, overall, I think it’s worked well. I’d give us a ‘B.’

  4. #4
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Rogue cut from Inferno and not being a part of Mystique/Destiny's resolution is the stuff nightmares are made of.
    Yeah, that’s a huge bummer for Rogue fans. And definitely feels like an important part of the story to cut out IMO, considering the relationship. I suppose it makes for a tighter Mystique/Destiny story, but with clearly so much else that’s going to be packed into Inferno (including a lot of Orchis/Nimrod stuff with them fighting X-Force as per the preview art) it just seems to me that they could’ve found a way to include the Rogue elements. Or at least a condensed version of those story beats.

  5. #5
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    799

    Default

    Wow Rogue cut from Destiny/Mystique's big storyline? That's messed up. Yet the lame as hell and useless to boot XFORCE gets a story?

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    7,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AIPT View Post
    AIPT: As we wrap up, is there any story beat or character you regret you didn’t get around to working on?

    Jonathan: Character-wise, I had to pull all the Rogue stuff out of Inferno and I’m pretty bummed about that. We just didn’t have the real estate.
    This is bad, really bad. Rogue should get a big part as Inferno is about her two mothers. Bad bad bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Overall, there were a couple of concepts that either didn’t work out (one was going to be a Children of the Vault book, another was an Imperial Guard thing,
    Really??? OMG I would have LOVED both!!! I am getting slowly VERY upset

    So Rogue in a big role, a Children of the Vault series and something big with the Imperial Guard, all down the drain.
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 09-20-2021 at 06:18 AM.
    "I have been dancing with you my entire life "

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member Kingdom X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, that’s a huge bummer for Rogue fans. And definitely feels like an important part of the story to cut out IMO, considering the relationship. I suppose it makes for a tighter Mystique/Destiny story, but with clearly so much else that’s going to be packed into Inferno (including a lot of Orchis/Nimrod stuff with them fighting X-Force as per the preview art) it just seems to me that they could’ve found a way to include the Rogue elements. Or at least a condensed version of those story beats.
    Yeah this is rough. Maybe X-Men Unlimited could have been cut Rogue stuff instead of a Wolverine adventure.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    This is bad, really bad. Rogue should get a big part as Inferno is about her two mothers. Bad bad bad.
    Not really, there's nothing that says a child should be involved in everything its parents do and vice-versa.

    They can catch up later.

  9. #9
    Mighty Member Hi-Fi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, that’s a huge bummer for Rogue fans. And definitely feels like an important part of the story to cut out IMO, considering the relationship. I suppose it makes for a tighter Mystique/Destiny story, but with clearly so much else that’s going to be packed into Inferno (including a lot of Orchis/Nimrod stuff with them fighting X-Force as per the preview art) it just seems to me that they could’ve found a way to include the Rogue elements. Or at least a condensed version of those story beats.
    The high concept has always been more important than the emotional beats in this run, so it doesn't really surprise me. But it really is a bummer.

  10. #10
    Incredible Member Muffinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    755

    Default

    Rogue getting the boot from a story about her two mothers. Wow, that is some next level trash.

  11. #11
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah this is rough. Maybe X-Men Unlimited could have been cut Rogue stuff instead of a Wolverine adventure.
    Those issues are done. Who’s to say they couldn’t do Rogue next? Nothing stopping them. Hickman choosing to do a Logan story didn’t preclude him or anyone else from doing a Rogue story next. Just saying.

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member Kingdom X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Those issues are done. Who’s to say they couldn’t do Rogue next? Nothing stopping them. Hickman choosing to do a Logan story didn’t preclude him or anyone else from doing a Rogue story next. Just saying.
    Very true! Fingers crossed we get to see some of those stories explored elsewhere.

  13. #13
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    266

    Default

    it s shame we never got the mike carey written x-book during this time as i know he was offered he wanted to do it but schedules never worked out. Think hickman is referring to the frequency on which the books come out. I know the pandemic and other printer related issues messed things up a lot. BUt there is no question when the first bunch of x-books post hox came out and they were coming out 2xmonth that is when the best sales were without a question. Its a shame we got garbage books like way of x x-corp, coa when it would have been so much better to have the regular x-men book 2 x month and even with all the crap online they get marauders and x-force take i think if they were coming out 2 x month or at least 18-20 issues a year they would be much better enjoyed, Hopefully from what im hearing after inferno teh books will much more streamlined

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member Kingdom X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    it s shame we never got the mike carey written x-book during this time as i know he was offered he wanted to do it but schedules never worked out. Think hickman is referring to the frequency on which the books come out. I know the pandemic and other printer related issues messed things up a lot. BUt there is no question when the first bunch of x-books post hox came out and they were coming out 2xmonth that is when the best sales were without a question. Its a shame we got garbage books like way of x x-corp, coa when it would have been so much better to have the regular x-men book 2 x month and even with all the crap online they get marauders and x-force take i think if they were coming out 2 x month or at least 18-20 issues a year they would be much better enjoyed, Hopefully from what im hearing after inferno teh books will much more streamlined
    Was it Carey? I’ve heard some people say it was Gillen who was offered a chance to come back but I can’t find any sources confirming either.

  15. #15
    Mighty Member Hi-Fi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Was it Carey? I’ve heard some people say it was Gillen who was offered a chance to come back but I can’t find any sources confirming either.
    Carey confirmed on Twitter that he was approached but had to turn it down because of his other works.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •