Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 97
  1. #76
    Mighty Member Sylarmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    People acting like Hickman only just now didn't have time for Rogue when he had 20 issues to use her before
    This , hehehehehe

  2. #77
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Oh yeah, it was a welcome break for sure.
    Also the fact that a solo and a major role in X-force and occasionally in X-men is him NOT being a major character is so telling of his over-exposure.I fear w/ the lack of Hickman we will go into a wolverine overdrive.He sells better and I think Marvel is (rightfully) afraid that X-line is loosing it's best writer and major selling point so they will supplement w/ Logan.
    Laura has a decent role, I liked her a lot better as X-23.She is just way too much like Logan, specially in the current X-men run.Laura is one of the best characters specially, and does, no did everything a legacy needs to do and was still distinct.Now she's like what Miles is too Peter, not a good thing.She's still a great character though(legacy or otherwise) and hopefully Gerry can do better w/ her.
    I really don’t think so. Wolverine seems to belong to Percy, so assuming he’s staying on both X-Force (albeit with some sort of overhaul or revamp when the line gets relaunched) and Wolverine as writer then I’m pretty sure Logan will stay confined to those books. Sure, he may pop up here and there, but I do not expect that he’ll suddenly be on multiple X-teams again.

    X Lives/Deaths of Wolverine is a big mega-Wolverine story that Percy says he pitched in the beginning to Marvel, which is just now seeing the light of day and has been retooled a bit to usher in the next phase of the Krakoan Age, if you will. So they tweaked it, so they can tell this story through Logan’s eyes, but then that’s it. I seriously doubt all things will revolve around Logan after it ends so everyone needs to chill a bit in predicting that this is the end of the X-books as we know it and a return to Wolverine being everywhere. I think that’s a bit premature at this stage. It’s just one event.

    And yeah, he got a video game announcement for a game which will come out next year or possibly in 2023. That has nothing to do with the comics.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 09-21-2021 at 07:36 AM.

  3. #78
    Astonishing Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, I’m really hoping the rumor of SWORD being relaunched as an X-men book (possibly X-treme X-men?) penned by Ewing with Ororo and Cable as the leads is true. That would be great for both those characters.
    OMG where did you read this? When Muller posted a teaser on Twitter I'm totally the one that was like "if THIS IS XTREME XMEN im going to go bananas" LOL Yeah I know many didnt like that run BUT its the Larocca art that got me back into comics.

  4. #79
    Mighty Member Sylarmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,043

    Default

    For my part I just wanted a reunion of Anna with her mothers, or at least an interaction of her and Raven.


    But I was not expecting anything from Hickman so I was not disappointed either, but that "" "" "" I had to cut Rogue's things "" "" "" ". It seems only that he is laughing at his fans, when he is not He made not a single speech bubble say in his entire damn career.

  5. #80
    Astonishing Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,242

    Default

    Its a bummer Rogue isnt in it. But I'm positive that Duggan will pick up the threads. I have a good feeling about that.

  6. #81
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    OMG where did you read this? When Muller posted a teaser on Twitter I'm totally the one that was like "if THIS IS XTREME XMEN im going to go bananas" LOL Yeah I know many didnt like that run BUT its the Larocca art that got me back into comics.
    A poster by the handle bishop66 who shares rumors which have largely proven accurate (or at least more have panned out than haven’t) said that’s what is happening. Basically his claim is that SWORD will be relaunched with X-men in the title, but not as Uncanny, with Cable and Storm in the cast and written by Ewing.

  7. #82
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

    And yeah, he got a video game announcement for a game which will come out next year or possibly in 2023. That has nothing to do with the comics.
    Spider-Man 2 game is set for 2023.
    Considering that Wolverine game is confrimed to be only in early developing I doubt that it we be released earlier than 2024/2025.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 09-21-2021 at 07:50 AM.

  8. #83
    Astonishing Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    A poster by the handle bishop66 who shares rumors which have largely proven accurate (or at least more have panned out than haven’t) said that’s what is happening. Basically his claim is that SWORD will be relaunched with X-men in the title, but not as Uncanny, with Cable and Storm in the cast and written by Ewing.
    Oh an Xtreme Xmen reunion w/ the added value of Cable would do so well IMO

    But also Ewing already has a great cast in SWORD

    Can't wait to see what they do

  9. #84
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,525

    Default

    Remains to be seen how much he changes the cast. My guess is the SWORD cast will still be around, largely as supporting characters, with the actual team being tighter. My guess would be Storm, Cable, Wiz Kid, Manifold, Armor, Frenzy. Something along those lines, as the X-treme X-men team. With folks like Peepers, Mentallo, Fabian Cortez and maybe Brand (if she’s still around) as supporting characters. We’ll see I suppose. Might be a more dramatic overhaul than that.

  10. #85

    Default

    I'm becoming more excited by the upcoming X-line change with each passing day. Inferno will trigger the Great Shuffling and I'm ready.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  11. #86
    Astonishing Member Kingdom X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Remains to be seen how much he changes the cast. My guess is the SWORD cast will still be around, largely as supporting characters, with the actual team being tighter. My guess would be Storm, Cable, Wiz Kid, Manifold, Armor, Frenzy. Something along those lines, as the X-treme X-men team. With folks like Peepers, Mentallo, Fabian Cortez and maybe Brand (if she’s still around) as supporting characters. We’ll see I suppose. Might be a more dramatic overhaul than that.
    Luckily Ewing seems to have the skill to balance big casts based on his Guardian work. If there is a big overhaul it'll probably be the ousting of Brand. Very excited to see what Ewing comes up with.

  12. #87
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    4,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I feel it was more Hickman's doing than Marvel in this case. He took the Substack deal and he wanted others to do their story. Inferno is really all down to timing, it sucks, but this kind of thing happens a lot in creative jobs. As he said, bringing out another issue would screw up the schedules for the next leg of Krakoa and making the issues longer would mean another artist would need to be brought in.

    This was the best case scenario.
    Hickman wanted to move on to the next stage of his Plan, the writers said they wanted to stay in this phase hence he left.We've seen this said in interviews, he didn't want others to do his story.He wasn't allowed to do his on his won time/writers didn't want to move on and he obliged.

    The inferno issue thing is bad timing.

  13. #88
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    7,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm becoming more excited by the upcoming X-line change with each passing day. Inferno will trigger the Great Shuffling and I'm ready.
    I'm excitedly ready.
    Regardless of how things didn't pan out in terms of the planned "Acts" I'm still viewing Inferno as the end of "Act 1" and 2022 as the start of "Act 2".
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Planet Arakko, FOREVER!!!

  14. #89
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    4,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I really don’t think so. Wolverine seems to belong to Percy, so assuming he’s staying on both X-Force (albeit with some sort of overhaul or revamp when the line gets relaunched) and Wolverine as writer then I’m pretty sure Logan will stay confined to those books. Sure, he may pop up here and there, but I do not expect that he’ll suddenly be on multiple X-teams again.

    X Lives/Deaths of Wolverine is a big mega-Wolverine story that Percy says he pitched in the beginning to Marvel, which is just now seeing the light of day and has been retooled a bit to usher in the next phase of the Krakoan Age, if you will. So they tweaked it, so they can tell this story through Logan’s eyes, but then that’s it. I seriously doubt all things will revolve around Logan after it ends so everyone needs to chill a bit in predicting that this is the end of the X-books as we know it and a return to Wolverine being everywhere. I think that’s a bit premature at this stage. It’s just one event.

    And yeah, he got a video game announcement for a game which will come out next year or possibly in 2023. That has nothing to do with the comics.
    Again that's 2 books one of which is a solo.That's more than any other X-character.No one has a solo, he has 2 minimum.He's been a decent part of X-men till now as well.
    And as soon as Hickman's vision went out we got the Wolverine Mega-event and even Hickman is writing a wolverine for Infinity.
    Again just reading signs, I'm hoping it doesn't happen.

    I never brought up video games, I'm hyped for that.That and Wolverine Spider-man friendship is elite.

  15. #90
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Remains to be seen how much he changes the cast. My guess is the SWORD cast will still be around, largely as supporting characters, with the actual team being tighter. My guess would be Storm, Cable, Wiz Kid, Manifold, Armor, Frenzy. Something along those lines, as the X-treme X-men team. With folks like Peepers, Mentallo, Fabian Cortez and maybe Brand (if she’s still around) as supporting characters. We’ll see I suppose. Might be a more dramatic overhaul than that.
    I think they'd need at least two other big names to sustain long-term sales. So we'd probably lose Wiz Kid, Manifold as main characters... I Just really want Frenzy to make the cast though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •