Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 97
  1. #61
    Mighty Member Sylarmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,042

    Default

    She has not been involved in ANYTHING of that man's career, so more than disappointment it is something to be expected.


    But Hickman of course never used Rogue, not even in hell where he should at least give his opinion, but that didn't stop him from using A LOT OF ITEMS that were created by other writers for Rogue, or are related to her: The childrenofthevault ( this the most shameless), destiny diaries, Mystique and Destiny, and Xandra the daughter of Xavier and lilandra, who was shown for the first time in Mr and MRS x and became close friends with Rogue, but of course Hickman did not have time in two years to give Rogue a bubble for speech or thought, but she was able to use concepts related or created for her ad nauseam.

  2. #62
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    I mean, nobody really cares but Rogue fans, and of course they will complain about it.
    The problem with X-Men is that whenever a Character isn't used, People go up in arms because their favourite Character isn't around.
    You just gotta take that some Writers are just not that interested in writing your favourite Character.

  3. #63
    Incredible Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    732

    Default

    Not giving Hickman all the issues he needed/wanted to finish his X-Men EPIC is quite sh*tty marvel...very disappointing...

  4. #64
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think they have every reason to feel slighted. I’m sure most Rogue fans weren’t expecting much, if anything, out of Inferno but it does suck to hear that a character that you love almost got a role in a story that stars their parents.

    Do I think it’s going to affect the overall quality of the story? No
    I wasn't intending to shade Rogue fans with that comment...well aside from that one fan who constantly calls Synch an IT among numerous other racist microaggressions.

    I was merely saying as character fans, of course they will prioritize her over the rest of the franchise, as they are want to do. As do all "hardcore" character fans on here, ergo of course this thread will be filled with their complaints.

    And yes, I'm fully aware that Storm fans are notorious rabble rousers when they aren't happy. Probably second only to Jean fans for sheer volume of complaints and negative posting, although I feel we are FAR more justified than any other "group" in that regard.

    But also let's never even go there when comparing the treatment of Storm and Rogue over the last 20 years. One has had multiple runs dedicated to her as well as tons of straight white middle aged men declaring her their favourite character, regularly using her as a self insert, including the current writer of the flagship.....where as Storm, the premier female POC In basically the entire medium of comics has got SFA and taken a back seat to all the pretty white straight mutants Scott/Emma/Jean/Kitty/Rogue.
    Last edited by OmegaStorm87; 09-21-2021 at 05:37 AM.

  5. #65
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    7,779

    Default

    All I will say is thank the Goddess Duggan is writing Lorna, Jean and Rogue in X-Men and Ewing is giving Storm some major attention...and these make me happy.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Planet Arakko, FOREVER!!!

  6. #66
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    4,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    The problem with X-Men is that whenever a Character isn't used, People go up in arms because their favourite Character isn't around.
    You just gotta take that some Writers are just not that interested in writing your favourite Character.
    A flaw of the team formula, can't keep everyone happy.
    Heck you can't keep fans of one character happy, how are you going to do so w/ a team.

    Tbf I get rogue complaints, Tini did her wrong in Excalibur.
    We still have Storm fans complaining that she is underused, she's the literally Queen of Akkaro or something along the lines of that.Rogue was treated terrible specially in comparison in Krakoa era.
    And Scott fans as well even though he's been a solid chunk of X-men runs under Hickman.

    I'd say single characters rock, but Spider-man is getting replaced AGAIN so even that's not true....

    I think Wolverine fans never complain, w/ good reason because he's everywhere(Avengers, defenders, FF, X-men, solo) and is going back to the spotlight w/ the lives and death thing.

  7. #67
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    A flaw of the team formula, can't keep everyone happy.
    Heck you can't keep fans of one character happy, how are you going to do so w/ a team.

    Tbf I get rogue complaints, Tini did her wrong in Excalibur.
    We still have Storm fans complaining that she is underused, she's the literally Queen of Akkaro or something along the lines of that.Rogue was treated terrible specially in comparison in Krakoa era.
    And Scott fans as well even though he's been a solid chunk of X-men runs under Hickman.

    I'd say single characters rock, but Spider-man is getting replaced AGAIN so even that's not true....

    I think Wolverine fans never complain, w/ good reason because he's everywhere(Avengers, defenders, FF, X-men, solo) and is going back to the spotlight w/ the lives and death thing.
    I mean there was that time Woverine was dead for 5 years, but even that was welcomed. As a Wolverine fan, he simply overstayed his welcome. I was actually happy that he wasn't a major Character in the Krakoa era, he seemed to be in the background rather than the focus. That's obviously different come January. I kinda hoped that Laura would have made a major step forward in the Krakoa era, but she was stuck in a Vault for 15 issues.

    When you juggle around fan favourite Characters, there's a sense of entitlement some folks have. Personally, I'm in this for the ride. Being angry at a writer because they didn't feature the Character you wanted them to feature makes you seem a bit entitled really. I doubt Hickman cares that much about Rogue which is why he didn't put her in his book. I like Rogue, she's a fun Character, but I don't care that much she was underused.

  8. #68
    Incredible Member TheRealWashout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    859

    Default

    I don't necessarily think people being upset Rogue was cut from Inferno is really all about their favorite character not appearing. I love Rogue, but I'm not super upset because I didn't really expect her to appear, but I do think all X-fans could agree it makes logical sense that she would have a role to play in this story that would be a really interesting perspective. It's a bit disappointing knowing there were ideas for how she would participate, but we don't get to see them.

  9. #69
    Astonishing Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    X-Men is a family, not a load of solo prima donnas made to work together. Even Logan knows this.

  10. #70
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    All I will say is thank the Goddess Duggan is writing Lorna, Jean and Rogue in X-Men and Ewing is giving Storm some major attention...and these make me happy.
    Yeah, I’m really hoping the rumor of SWORD being relaunched as an X-men book (possibly X-treme X-men?) penned by Ewing with Ororo and Cable as the leads is true. That would be great for both those characters.

  11. #71

    Default

    People acting like Hickman only just now didn't have time for Rogue when he had 20 issues to use her before

  12. #72
    Incredible Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    People acting like Hickman only just now didn't have time for Rogue when he had 20 issues to use her before
    20 issues is not that much tbh. But now the plot is explicitly about Rogue's two mothers. I'm not even a big Rogue fan but I wished we could have seen this. But I'm more upset that Hickman did not receive the issue count he wanted to tell for his last X-Men story. No matter what the storyline was he had to cut. Let the man finished his rushed epic at least in the last several issues.

  13. #73
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    4,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I mean there was that time Woverine was dead for 5 years, but even that was welcomed. As a Wolverine fan, he simply overstayed his welcome. I was actually happy that he wasn't a major Character in the Krakoa era, he seemed to be in the background rather than the focus. That's obviously different come January. I kinda hoped that Laura would have made a major step forward in the Krakoa era, but she was stuck in a Vault for 15 issues.

    When you juggle around fan favourite Characters, there's a sense of entitlement some folks have. Personally, I'm in this for the ride. Being angry at a writer because they didn't feature the Character you wanted them to feature makes you seem a bit entitled really. I doubt Hickman cares that much about Rogue which is why he didn't put her in his book. I like Rogue, she's a fun Character, but I don't care that much she was underused.
    Oh yeah, it was a welcome break for sure.
    Also the fact that a solo and a major role in X-force and occasionally in X-men is him NOT being a major character is so telling of his over-exposure.I fear w/ the lack of Hickman we will go into a wolverine overdrive.He sells better and I think Marvel is (rightfully) afraid that X-line is loosing it's best writer and major selling point so they will supplement w/ Logan.
    Laura has a decent role, I liked her a lot better as X-23.She is just way too much like Logan, specially in the current X-men run.Laura is one of the best characters specially, and does, no did everything a legacy needs to do and was still distinct.Now she's like what Miles is too Peter, not a good thing.She's still a great character though(legacy or otherwise) and hopefully Gerry can do better w/ her.

    2nd para is straight facts.I like her too, but I am so down w/ Hickman's story because it's good.Not a Xavier fan, don't care about him or Moira, Destiny or Mystique.Magneto just a little bit but nowhere near enough to to call a fan.Yet I can't wait to see more of them in Hickman's Inferno.I'm going to miss rogue here though, because Hickman wanted her in this but couldn't fit her in.I didn't miss her before because Hickman didn't intend to write her in.When the writer is so good, putting personal bias aside and enjoying the ride is great.

  14. #74
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    4,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    20 issues is not that much tbh. But now the plot is explicitly about Rogue's two mothers. I'm not even a big Rogue fan but I wished we could have seen this. But I'm more upset that Hickman did not receive the issue count he wanted to tell for his last X-Men story. No matter what the storyline was he had to cut. Let the man finished his rushed epic at least in the last several issues.
    For real, first he gets slowed down by other writers.Then writers say they want to stay in this stage, Hickman agrees.He has to leave and doesn't even get to write everything he wants to know in his rushed finale.Marvel doing him real dirty.

  15. #75
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    For real, first he gets slowed down by other writers.Then writers say they want to stay in this stage, Hickman agrees.He has to leave and doesn't even get to write everything he wants to know in his rushed finale.Marvel doing him real dirty.
    I feel it was more Hickman's doing than Marvel in this case. He took the Substack deal and he wanted others to do their story. Inferno is really all down to timing, it sucks, but this kind of thing happens a lot in creative jobs. As he said, bringing out another issue would screw up the schedules for the next leg of Krakoa and making the issues longer would mean another artist would need to be brought in.

    This was the best case scenario.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •