Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm pretending the question wasn't posed and Hickman never answered it. Easy peasy.

I really enjoyed the comments the other writers had about Hickman. And LaValle sharing that Hickman suggested a bunch of ideas makes me even more intrigued about Sabretooth.
    This comment actually made me that much more confident in what’s coming next. If Hickman wasn’t involved in planning for the future than Victor wouldn’t have even had anything to say.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Not really, there's nothing that says a child should be involved in everything its parents do and vice-versa.

They can catch up later.
    Yupp.
    This is similar to what I posted in the Rogue thread. She need not be present for the blow-up as she wasn't a major fixture in that Moira/Destiny/Charles/Mystque plot but she could show up for teary hugs and support when the dust and ashes settle.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-20-2021 at 08:41 AM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

If they reveal that Leach was cut from Inferno I'm going to buy every variant just to burn them. How dare!

Some of you are being really harsh about the Rogue thing. Yeah its a bummer she got cut but HE gave like 2 good valid reasons.

It would have been awesome to see the CotV and Imperial Guard book but I don't really trust anyone but Hickman, Ewing or Wells to have written those titles.

Hickman stated he wanted both Mike Carey and Kieron Gillen back in the X-Office but it didnt work out.

I almost glad that he kind of agrees that some of the writers room needs to keep their titles moving fast like a freight train. So hopefully they adapt.

I love that Hickman is direct and I am going to miss his candor.
    Last edited by CGAR; 09-20-2021 at 09:24 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    We love an honest king. That feeling of stagnation wasn’t just fans being picky.
    Isn't that the reason Hickman wanted to leave? He wanted to move on to the next stage, writers and editors didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Isn't that the reason Hickman wanted to leave? He wanted to move on to the next stage, writers and editors didn't.
    I think it’s more than that though. You can stay in the same status quo without dedicating issues upon issues to dealing with the same problems (looking at you plant monsters and Shadow King). Like someone mentioned earlier it did help when the books came out more frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Carey confirmed on Twitter that he was approached but had to turn it down because of his other works.
    Oof I would have LOVED to have Carey, especially on Vault related stuff, since he created it.

In their defense. Some of the writers have stated multiple times that they prefer long form storying telling and they did have the protection of Hickman to continue to do that. IMO But they should start thinking of making some adjustments to their story beats.

It just some of these writers need to learn how to sprinke in more excitement and development in their titles.

I actually like New Mutants because Vita knows how to juggle a large cast but I totally fell of on X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Read between the lines and it's Marvel editorial who are moving him on to a new project. Hickman is a star player and they want him working on big projects and events, not pootling along on monthly titles on story arcs that will now potentially span years. If Marvel were ok with it you'd think it would be pretty tempting for him to take a hands-off role as the Head Of X, taking a pay cheque to oversee the line for a few years while having plenty of time to concentrate on Creator-Owned work.

Obviously I don't know how Inferno plays out but Rogue (and Nightcrawler) could easily be dealt with post event. We also never got the Moira title or any sort of reunion with her and Proteus or Banshee.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Oh great. I like Hickman and the BIG IDEAS he's brought to the X-men (and Marvel), but God Almighty it needs some emotional **** alongside that. Raven and Irene raised a kid together- it cheapens the story to cut Rogue out of this when she was such a big part of their relationship.

The Imperial Guard are underrated and need to be in more stuff.

To be honest, I'm impressed Hickman even thought about Rogue for this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    We love an honest king. That feeling of stagnation wasn’t just fans being picky.
    So, while some might think that’s one we deserve some grace on, I’d probably argue that grace isn’t something you get to ask for in a financial exchange.
    Bruh chill and cut yourself some slack. The world came to a literal standstill. Also not your fault some of your co-writers weren't capable enough.

Damn though, with that mindset I'm sure he's pretty popular with all the business suits.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    To be honest, I'm impressed Hickman even thought about Rogue for this story.
    Kinda like saying the Russos thinking about Gamora in the MCU Infinity/Thanos saga is impressive.

Interesting stuff. Bummer about the things we won't get to see.

On the Rogue thing, it might be better if we wait for the Rogue stuff till after Inferno, so whatever her reaction to it is fleshed out rather than shoehorn into a page in a mini. She's in an on going so odds are good that we'll see her side of this whole thing eventually.