Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Right. Like, it would've been cool to see Rogue and she definitely deserves a place in the story, but all of a sudden everyone's enjoyment of Inferno hinges on Rogue? Give me a break.
    I mean, nobody really cares but Rogue fans, and of course they will complain about it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    I mean, nobody really cares but Rogue fans, and of course they will complain about it.
    Lol, if this had been Storm who got screwed out of a storyline, this thread would be at 40 pages from Storm fans complaining.

Pot meet kettle.

But as someone else said, Hickman's storytelling style has missed TONS of emotional beats.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Lol, if this had been Storm who got screwed out of a storyline, this thread would be at 40 pages from Storm fans complaining.

Pot meet kettle.

But as someone else said, Hickman's storytelling style has missed TONS of emotional beats.
    I said this in another thread but it makes sense now given what we now know. Krakoa wasn't supposed to be treading water like this. His run seems like it was supposed to be much more plot focused and fast paced so with that knowledge a lot of omissions make sense. We weren't supposed to have enough time to care about missed reunion resurrections, Quiet Council instability etc etc. before moving on to new phases.

Pot meet kettle.

They would actually have to care enough to give her something tangible instead of yet another title, but go off.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Astonishing Member

Ugh can fans stop attacking each other's favorite characters? It sucks to hear that their was Rogue content that had to be cut from Inferno however it doesn't cheapen the story because there was no indication that Rogue was even going to appear in the title or play a role.

I feel for her fans because it does suck hearing your favourite character get cut out of an important event.

BANNED

Pot meet kettle.

Storm is routinely dismissed though, like all other POC X-Men. Her not getting much attention is pretty much the stat quo. Still, I agree that comment was pretty rich though lol

I think they have every reason to feel slighted. I’m sure most Rogue fans weren’t expecting much, if anything, out of Inferno but it does suck to hear that a character that you love almost got a role in a story that stars their parents.

Do I think it’s going to affect the overall quality of the story? No

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Ugh can fans stop attacking each other's favorite characters? It sucks to hear that their was Rogue content that had to be cut from Inferno however it doesn't cheapen the story because there was no indication that Rogue was even going to appear in the title or play a role.

I feel for her fans because it does suck hearing your favourite character get cut out of an important event.
    While I do feel its got better than how things were before, it's still depressing that the Fave-Wars is still so strong among this community. All Mutants rock. And everyone of them is someone's fave. And we all had eras that ignores our faves.

I'm a Rogue fan and it sucks to hear she was cut from the story. But I think that any aftermath will likely include her in some capacity so we will get it after.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    While I do feel its got better than how things were before, it's still depressing that the Fave-Wars is still so strong among this community. All Mutants rock. And everyone of them is someone's fave. And we all had eras that ignores our faves.

I'm a Rogue fan and it sucks to hear she was cut from the story. But I think that any aftermath will likely include her in some capacity so we will get it after.
    I agree with all of this. And sometimes knowing "what could have been" is not worth it because it just brings grief. I love every single member of the X-Men and it's always a bummer when something that sounds really good doesn't make the cut. I appreciate every fan's love for their favorite.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Pot meet kettle.

Lol 🤣

Amιn amιn amιn

This is not at all a surprise to Rogue fans, it has always been noted that Hickman is one of the few writers who does not like the beautiful southerner, he did not give her a single dialogue since he was in the X_office, so he is lying or just trolling.

Anyway, it doesn't matter, I'm happy that he's leaving the x books, Rogue fans won't miss it, and I hope that her ridiculous stories will quickly be ignored by the following writers : o

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm pretending the question wasn't posed and Hickman never answered it. Easy peasy.

I really enjoyed the comments the other writers had about Hickman. And LaValle sharing that Hickman suggested a bunch of ideas makes me even more intrigued about Sabretooth.
    Don't be. Hickman had a chance with Sabretooth, and look what he did with him. So his ideas can't be that great or he'd have been implementing them by now. lol

But it will be interesting to see what LaValle means by things being "not what we expect"
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-20-2021 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Don't be. Hickman had a chance with Sabretooth, and look what he did with him. So his ideas can't be that great or he'd have been implementing them by now. lol

But it will be interesting to see what LaValle means by things being "not what we expect"
    I legitimately hope to see you happy with Creed one day and maybe LaValle will come through. We both enjoyed Bunncanny, Creed's good ol' days for me.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I'm glad Hickman acknowledge the pacing issues as I think most felt that was a problem regardless. I'm happy to see that it sounds like his "3 arc" story will still unfold, just with out him on a monthly. As I've mentioned several times I bet he comes back. Now I'm specifically saying he's coming back to deal with the Phallanx stuff whenever the X-Books get around to that. Call it a hunch I suppose.

As for Rogue being cut out of Inferno I can understand the disappointment, but she hasn't really been involved with the Mystique/Destiny plot at all during this run so I don't think I'll miss her being there, and I like Rogue and hope she shines in X-Men. I think this story needs to be pretty focused on Destiny as the setup was pretty big.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.