Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

You're probably right. I'd love to see Gambit emancipated from Excalibur and joining Storm and Cable in this book. Psylocke too since Hellions is ending. That would be somewhat of an X-treme X-men reunion too, as both of them were in that book with Storm. Well, it was the Betsy Braddock version of Psylocke, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I mean there was that time Woverine was dead for 5 years, but even that was welcomed. As a Wolverine fan, he simply overstayed his welcome. I was actually happy that he wasn't a major Character in the Krakoa era, he seemed to be in the background rather than the focus. That's obviously different come January. I kinda hoped that Laura would have made a major step forward in the Krakoa era, but she was stuck in a Vault for 15 issues.

When you juggle around fan favourite Characters, there's a sense of entitlement some folks have. Personally, I'm in this for the ride. Being angry at a writer because they didn't feature the Character you wanted them to feature makes you seem a bit entitled really. I doubt Hickman cares that much about Rogue which is why he didn't put her in his book. I like Rogue, she's a fun Character, but I don't care that much she was underused.
    I think Hickman did a great job splitting focus especially in HoX/PoX. Logan may not of been the main focus but he had the best scenes by far. Cyke was 2nd and then Rasputin was 3rd.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Agreed. It harkened back to the Claremont/Byrne “halcyon days” when Logan didn’t dominate the books, but definitely got many of the best scenes.

Imperial Guard comic would have been fun to try now that we have Xandra would have been fun. Could have actually used Lifeguard in something. Lots of good stories to be told.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed. It harkened back to the Claremont/Byrne “halcyon days” when Logan didn’t dominate the books, but definitely got many of the best scenes.
    Ugh that scene with him and Kurt on the Orchis station…just perfect.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Overall, there were a couple of concepts that either didn’t work out (one was going to be a Children of the Vault book, another was an Imperial Guard thing), or were changed at the last minute because of character conflicts or direction changes (the Giant-Size books), but nothing else really comes to mind.

There were some internal continuity mistakes — I always hate those — but any broader regrets in terms of the stories I get to do or not do? Not really. I feel like that’s on me to maximize an opportunity when I have one.

if i had to guess it was about the sunspot on the throne story he never got to do

missed opportunity since u saw in x-men #17 he had to do a space story and nothing happened after that.

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    Overall, there were a couple of concepts that either didn’t work out (one was going to be a Children of the Vault book, another was an Imperial Guard thing), or were changed at the last minute because of character conflicts or direction changes (the Giant-Size books), but nothing else really comes to mind.

There were some internal continuity mistakes — I always hate those — but any broader regrets in terms of the stories I get to do or not do? Not really. I feel like that’s on me to maximize an opportunity when I have one.

if i had to guess it was about the sunspot on the throne story he never got to do

missed opportunity since u saw in x-men #17 he had to do a space story and nothing happened after that.
    Aaaahhh ****, a Sunspot led space opera would have been great. Glad we got the bits of it in New Mutants, but I’m really trying to think as little as possible about “what if” scenarios cause they just gonna bum me out.