Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member

I'm not so sure that JSA fans want a return to Johns' take.
    But simply a new JSA book, that is fresh and original.

Most of us are pretty cynical that a JSA book is returning anytime soon.

I don't really want a return of the Johns' JSA. I just want a JSA title with the kind of quality and vision he brought to the franchise when he first started on it. But I don't want him or anyone else going in and trying to recreate the same kind of book, exactly like it was then.

Personally, I'd like a JSA title that leans into the war comics subgenre. Anyone ever watch the Star Wars: the Clone Wars cartoon? Something akin to that, with the JSA taking the role of Jedi and Easy Company taking the role of the clone troopers.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I might be wrong but I seem to recall Busiek was unexpectedly dropped from it as editorial swerved direction (with Johns leaving).
    I was moved over to TRINITY.

I had thought I could do both, but DC didn't think so, and they were so right.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I don't really want a return of the Johns' JSA. I just want a JSA title with the kind of quality and vision he brought to the franchise when he first started on it. But I don't want him or anyone else going in and trying to recreate the same kind of book, exactly like it was then.

Personally, I'd like a JSA title that leans into the war comics subgenre. Anyone ever watch the Star Wars: the Clone Wars cartoon? Something akin to that, with the JSA taking the role of Jedi and Easy Company taking the role of the clone troopers.
    I’ve long thought a JSA book set during their time fighting in WW2 would be a really engaging read. Could do rotating arcs, one set in the past, one set in the present.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    I was moved over to TRINITY.

I had thought I could do both, but DC didn't think so, and they were so right.

kdb
    I always wondered why you left. I know Geoff went off to get Secret Origins out but you suddenly seemed to have disappeared. It was a shame because I really was enjoying the Bronze Age vibe you brought to the SUPERMAN book during and after Camelot Falls.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 09-28-2021 at 03:19 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I always wondered why you left. I know Geoff went off to get Secret Origins out but you suddenly seemed to disappeared. It was a shame because I really was enjoying the Bronze Age vibe you brought to the SUPERMAN book during and after Camelot Falls.
    CAMELOT FALLS was epic af!!! And Pacheco on Supes again with cleaner richer inks would be beyond AMAZING!!!